ADVERTISEMENT

Zeller Oladipo Teams vs Current Team

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
I made the mistake and watched highlights of the 2012-2013 team with Oladipo, Zeller, Hulls, Watford, Sheehey, Yogi etc and I can't believe how talented that roster was compared to this current Hoosier team. I'm not sure anybody on this current team would even get a sniff of playing time- Romeo included. We are so far away from being a talented team.

Amazing that Crean wasted all that talent.

Yogi played as hard as anybody on the court and Sheehey was often key as the 6th man off the bench. The telling story was how Oladipo developed during his time at IU. They were fun to watch though who knew Syracuse would throw a zone at IU? Go figure.

Reactions: IUgradman
Crean recruited so much better than Archie it’s not even close.......hard to believe but true. Even Creans 1st class with Verdell Jones was better than Durham and company

Yeah - the Syracuse zone performance and the last second shot at Illinois were both embarrassing. Completely got beat at Illinois by a play that ant decent 6th grade team would’ve been aware of.

Reactions: IUgradman
Agreed, seemed like everyone played really hard and really smart on those teams. I honestly don't know if any member of the current team could make to the floor

Yeah - the Syracuse zone performance and the last second shot at Illinois were both embarrassing. Completely got beat at Illinois by a play that ant decent 6th grade team would’ve been aware of.
How about Butler loss when Cody isn’t even on the floor!! That was awful

Good team , but underachieved due to poor coaching. Clapping and diet cokes don’t get you back to the next level either.

Crean recruited so much better than Archie it’s not even close.......hard to believe but true. Even Creans 1st class with Verdell Jones was better than Durham and company

So you like Dumas better than Phinisee eh?

Agreed, seemed like everyone played really hard and really smart on those teams. I honestly don't know if any member of the current team could make to the floor

Morgan would sit for sure. What use did Crean have for post players?

Phinesse is Archie’s second recruiting class...

1st year guys he recruited have played, same as Crean's first year. And Cream wasn't over 0.500 until he had his 4th class playing, which was ridiculously poor.

Some people are mixing up the Crean stuff.

Most people don’t want Crean back, or to have kept Crean.

However, most people wanted an improvement over Crean. That has not happened...and will not next year either.

The Archie Apologists are generally those that were so adamant about running Crean out...they are too happy that Crean is out than to be realistic and rational about the shitshow taking place in Crean’s absence.

This is possibly the dumbest thing you've said this week. Congrats.

No one but you thinks the Durham class is Archie's...but even if it is, you can't compare them, because Durham and company are friggin sophomores.

But, even if you wanted to compare them, Jones scored about 14 a game as a sophomore, while shooting less than 40% from the field and less than 30% from 3. IU was next to last in the big, playing for a coach that focused mostly on offense.

Other than his ridiculous shooting volume, which he did not repeat in the better seasons to follow, Jones was worse than Durham in almost every way, including record. And Jones was the best player in that class. Durham probably isn't the best player in his. Next you'll tell us Tom Pritchard is better than Justin Smith. You are pathological.

Reactions: HermanB
Miller went from 17-14 in his second year at Dayton, to 26-11 in his third year after losing his top scoring guard and top scoring forward.

What makes you so sure they won't win next year?

Healthy DeRon, healthy Hunter, healthy Thompson, healthy Phinisee, plus TJD and Franklin. Al, Smith, Green all back. Chance for Anderson or Forrester or Moore to contribute. There are questions, but there is also not likely to be a repeat of the health problems of this season.

And that is assuming no changes to the roster.

Miller went from 17-14 in his second year at Dayton, to 26-11 in his third year after losing his top scoring guard and top scoring forward.

What makes you so sure they won't win next year?

Healthy DeRon, healthy Hunter, healthy Thompson, healthy Phinisee, plus TJD and Franklin. Al, Smith, Green all back. Chance for Anderson or Forrester or Moore to contribute. There are questions, but there is also not likely to be a repeat of the health problems of this season.

And that is assuming no changes to the roster.
Is Hunter healthy?
Is Hunter more like Romeo or more like Damezi Race or Forrester...and how you know that?

Crean recruited so much better than Archie it’s not even close.......hard to believe but true. Even Creans 1st class with Verdell Jones was better than Durham and company[/QUOTE

Any of the teams from the 80s would have crushed any of the 21st century teams

Is Hunter healthy?
Is Hunter more like Romeo or more like Damezi Race or Forrester...and how you know that?

Not sure if he is but I will assume he will be by next season. And we may also be able to assume that if not, he may be replaced, which can happen without Hunter losing an IU schollie.

crean's teams were constantly giving up baskets on inbounds plays

It's hilarious that people consider that recruiting class Archie's. He got hired at the end of March, who was he going to recruit?

It's hilarious that people consider that recruiting class Archie's. He got hired at the end of March, who was he going to recruit?
It’s his recruiting class!!! Period end of discussion. You don’t see Chris Mack giving 4 year scholarships to kids he didn’t recruit.

Reactions: Upset Alert
I made the mistake and watched highlights of the 2012-2013 team with Oladipo, Zeller, Hulls, Watford, Sheehey, Yogi etc and I can't believe how talented that roster was compared to this current Hoosier team. I'm not sure anybody on this current team would even get a sniff of playing time- Romeo included. We are so far away from being a talented team.

Amazing that Crean wasted all that talent.
You’re telling me Romeo wouldn’t start over a mid major level talent like Hulls? LOL! Remember the Syracuse game and how their big guards dominated Hulls?

Al was RECRUITED BY CREAN! So was Morgan and Smith and Davis!!! The only guys who played significant minutes that Archie recruited were Romeo and Phinisee.

Al was RECRUITED BY CREAN! So was Morgan and Smith and Davis!!! The only guys who played significant minutes that Archie recruited were Romeo and Phinisee.
I’ve tried to explain this but some people just aren’t understanding. Archie didn’t have to give scholarships to Moore, Durham and Smith. He could have saved them for 2018. Are u just stupid

I’ve tried to explain this but some people just aren’t understanding. Archie didn’t have to give scholarships to Moore, Durham and Smith. He could have saved them for 2018. Are u just stupid
I'll speak slow so you can understand. Moore, Durham and Smith signed in November while Crean was coach. IU unlike other schools honor a players comittment to their program. Once Archie was hired he knew he as losing three players to the pros. I will gaurantee Archie was told they would honor the letters of intent. Rescinding signed letters or intent will kill you recruiting in the future. High school coaches have long memories.

Reactions: Harry Hondo
I'll speak slow so you can understand. Moore, Durham and Smith signed in November while Crean was coach. IU unlike other schools honor a players comittment to their program. Once Archie was hired he knew he as losing three players to the pros. I will gaurantee Archie was told they would honor the letters of intent. Rescinding signed letters or intent will kill you recruiting in the future. High school coaches have long memories.
You are completely making shit up!!! You know what will kill recruiting? Not going to the NCAA for the 2nd straight year. It was stupid to give those scholarships away, go get 2 walkons then load up on players that you actually recruited

He sees everything through the lens that Archie can do nothing right, regardless of the facts and reality.

You are completely making shit up!!! You know what will kill recruiting? Not going to the NCAA for the 2nd straight year. It was stupid to give those scholarships away, go get 2 walkons then load up on players that you actually recruited
It's very obvious you are a idiot and have no clue how recruiting works or running a program. I have family members who have coached high school, college and pro basketball. My great uncle is in the Indiana hall of fame. My nephew is a well respected high school coach. I forgot more about basketball then you will ever know. All of your posts show you are incompetent when it comes to basketball. You embarrass yourself every time you post something. And you generally take away from anybody trying to have a legitimate conversation about IU basketball..

Any of the teams from the 80s would have crushed any of the 21st century teams
If players were inclined and able to pursue the NBA in the 70's and 80's like they are now, we would not have had championships in 1976 or 1981. Probably wouldn't have had the team we did in 1975 or 1992 either. A lot if the great players from those teams would have been long gone.

If players were inclined and able to pursue the NBA in the 70's and 80's like they are now, we would not have had championships in 1976 or 1981. Probably wouldn't have had the team we did in 1975 or 1992 either. A lot if the great players from those teams would have been long gone.
You don’t know that pure speculation. With your logic UCLA barely wins any championships

Everyone understands what you are saying. It's not that we "just aren't understanding." It's that we don't agree with you because what you're saying is stupid, wrong, and divorced from reality and all concepts of decency.

Ive been reading posts for a few days and completely get the hatred you bring upon yourself now.

Reactions: brebelle3
Wait, you just started a thread about how Miller shouldn't have kept Crean's recruits right when he was hired. You can't seem to make up your mind whether Crean was a good recruiter or not. Or, more likely, you have no clue and just change your stance at the moment to whichever fits your agenda.

Wait, you just started a thread about how Miller shouldn't have kept Crean's recruits right when he was hired. You can't seem to make up your mind whether Crean was a good recruiter or not. Or, more likely, you have no clue and just change your stance at the moment to whichever fits your agenda.
What are u talking about. I said Archie shouldn’t have given scholarships to Moore, Durham and Smith. Now all the goody good shoes are saying that it would have been unethical to deny them since they had signed letters of intent, you know what that’s life in the big city. Now Archie is screwed because he can’t get rid of those guys and only has 3 scholarships for next year.

Correct he shouldn’t have kept Moore, Durham or Smith why would he. Archie recruits to a culture isn’t that what all you idiots say. He didn’t even recruit those guys why should he extend scholarships. Oh yea I get it it was the right thing to do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT