ADVERTISEMENT

Zeller, love the steal, but not the gentle dunk

IUfanband

All-Big Ten
Jan 11, 2006
I like the quiet players like Gordon and Zeller who don't celebrate themselves, but a little more oomph on dunks like that help our momentum and energy. Just a minor point, main thing is that he stays safe, so mission accomplished there.

Re: Think he lost his grip.

I think he did it on purpose, just to do something different. He slams it with plenty of authority most of the time.

If you watch the replay he actually did a double pump on purpose. Something most 7 footers can't do.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

This is pathetic. Now we have complaints about how our guys dunk?

It's like "let's find something" to complain about.

Me?

I'm glad we beat them by 30 (ok 29). I'm glad we shook off a sluggish start. I'm glad the bench righted their collective ship a bit. I'm glad we're in 1st in the B1G and ranked #1. I'm glad our team is top 10 in the country offensively and defensively. I'm glad we have players that are a joy to watch - on and off the court. I'm glad we're no longer looking at 6-25 or 10 to 12 win seasons. I'm glad we're recruiting at such a high level. I'm glad TC fosters a style that is perfect for todays game (and interests top kids). I'm glad we have a coach that isn't a scumbag. I'm glad we're going to make it 4 in a row over Purdue.

Oh, I guess I can complain because we played 2 possession of zone tonight.

Re: This is pathetic. Now we have complaints about how our guys dunk?

Bravo!! Much to be happy about!! Even though we had a slow start we still led by 9 at th half. That seemed to me to bode well for us. Second half was really fun to watch. I love watching this team play.go Hoosiers!!!!!

I loved it! It was an old style dunk, as in the late '50's and early ...

'60's. I just wish that the refs would call offensive basket interference every time a dunker causes the rim to move. I don't think they would need any rule change to start calling it because it really is basket interference to move the rim!

Re: This is pathetic. Now we have complaints about how our guys dunk?

Totally agree with this comment. Well said.

Why take more of a chance on breaking your hand on the rim?

Sheesh, the guy dunked and got two points for IU. 99.9% of the folks on here only wish they could do that just once in their lifetimes.

You know they're called breakaway rims rt? Meant for safety purposes... I do hope you were joking w your post, because its a ridiculous antiquated notion to want the "rim not to move" on a dunk......
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Hey, I've dunked plenty of times.

Of course, never for IU, but still.

Also, it's been over 20 years since I've dunked. Can hardly touch the rim now. Aging blows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT