ADVERTISEMENT

Zeisloft and Blackmon

PanDatrick

Benchwarmer
Jan 2, 2015
Those two played a combined 50 minutes and are 2-15 with 6 rebounds and 7 fouls. Yikes.

This post was edited on 3/13 8:43 PM by PanDatrick

Its not his shot

Its not his shot. He still has great mechanics and elevation. What is missing is his confidence. If he doesn't hit his 1st or 2nd attempt, he thinks about every shot after that. You can just tell on his shot that he is aiming it. Once that gets in your head, it is very tough to get out.

Re: blackmon's shot is broke

Both our freshman have fallen off badly as the season progressed. They continue to play huge minutes because we have no alternative. One of the bigger reasons our season has fallen apart. I do believe they are both capable of major improvement, but it's going to take an offseason of work.

agree he aims it

But also leans back. His feet land about a foot in front of where he takes off from. I love the guy. He's a true scorer. But his shot needs some work.

Re: The forte of this team was supposed to....

.....be its offense and it really went into the crapper as the season wore on.
Our guys didn't stay consistent there.

Went from all inside LY to all outside TY. Need balance.

Nobody will ever be consistent shooting 3s every night.

Re: JBJ, RJ and NZ were all supposed to be.....

.....pure shooters.

However, Alford was the real definition of a shooter.
Consistent from frosh to senior year.

Re: JBJ, RJ and NZ were all supposed to be.....

Originally posted by Big Red Crimson Buffalo:
.....pure shooters.

However, Alford was the real definition of a shooter.
Consistent from frosh to senior year.
Blackmon is going to be a baller. He just had a pretty normal freshman slump and wasn't able to shoot out of it. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he leads the Big Ten in 3s next year (Depending on whether or not Yogi is back that is).

I also believe being freshman and the long season has something to do with it. Think about it. They are fresh and have looked good the first half but shots aren't falling in the second half of the last few games. That's my take. Being. Year older and more time in the weight room will show up next year.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: If you are a natural, you have it when....

....you arrive on campus. JBJ has skill but I don't think he is the shooter everybody makes him out to be. The frosh at Ohio State? That kid is elite.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT