ADVERTISEMENT

Zander Diamont you Rock!!!

Still think he should have been the starter this year. I think we'd have been better with his mobility over Lagow's NFL interception throwing arm. Kid just seems like a winner.

I have been a critic of his since he got here but that was a nice play. Still wish he would cut out the performances.

His swagger may have something to do with why hes done with FB. That strut will get him hit.

Was Zanders TD pass his last play of the game?
I kept seeing holes where Lagow couldve ran for 4-6 yards after the fake handoff. I know Zander wouldnt have been afforded those holes, but had he they'd been 6-15 yard holes.

Sudfield was REALLY good!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4IUSox2
On the replays, you could REALLY see the wholes open b/c they did not respect Lagow to run at all. Thus far, Lagow has not figured out the ball protection thing. He has moments but accuracy still an issue, and he comes across pretty slow afoot like last play.

He's not BAD, just needs to step it up if wants to go to next level next season in B10.

I would not want to give Utah's defense more motivation to separate his head from his shoulders or motivate the refs to hold onto the yellow flag on a possible late hit.

But he plays hard and there can be no doubt that tough play is contagious.
You can't play football scared to make the other team mad.

Reactions: IUcolorado
Was Zanders TD pass his last play of the game?
I kept seeing holes where Lagow couldve ran for 4-6 yards after the fake handoff. I know Zander wouldnt have been afforded those holes, but had he they'd been 6-15 yard holes.

Sudfield was REALLY good!
It was his only TD pass of the season.

9 completions in 15 attempts including the touchdown. He has one interception in the Purdue game.

How many times was he even allowed to pass?
There was a reason for that. His arm strength was below average, as was his accuracy. He didn't play much because he couldn't help them much beyond the very occasional change of pace.

There was a reason for that. His arm strength was below average, as was his accuracy. He didn't play much because he couldn't help them much beyond the very occasional change of pace.
LOL Arm strength? That's been disproven so many times. The TD pass Zander threw went as far in the air as any Lagow has completed all year.

He also had another long bomb earlier in the year. The kid can throw and throw accurately. But his forte is having the option to do both run and pass, which we badly needed.

The fact he didn't play a down in the 2nd half is just inexplicable, unless it was for some other reason - like maybe he was disciplined for strutting a little bit after his TD. With the way our offense stalled, there's just no reason for him not to get in to change things up a little.

LOL Arm strength? That's been disproven so many times. The TD pass Zander threw went as far in the air as any Lagow has completed all year.

He also had another long bomb earlier in the year. The kid can throw and throw accurately. But his forte is having the option to do both run and pass, which we badly needed.

The fact he didn't play a down in the 2nd half is just inexplicable, unless it was for some other reason - like maybe he was disciplined for strutting a little bit after his TD. With the way our offense stalled, there's just no reason for him not to get in to change things up a little.
Distance and velocity aren't the same thing. There's a reason why Wilson, John's and Allen used him only in very limited situations. He simply wasn't talented enough to play the position on a regular basis. A very tough kid and easy to root for, but he was very limited in physical ability at this level.

I sure didnt see anything wrong with the TD pass he heaved during the bowl. Perfectly thrown strike to a streaking receiver. Caught him in stride...what more does he need to do? I suspect his playing time had as much to do with style as substance. He and Wilson apparently didnt see eye to eye.

I wasn't pro-Zander at all this year, but this is just plain wrong. Distance and velocity are inseparably related by the laws of physics. If you want the ball to go farther, it also has to go faster. If you have one, you also have the other.
No. Two people can throw the ball the same distance but one can get it there quicker than the other. Lack of arm strength requires a greater arc to achieve the same distance. You must've flunked physics.

No. Two people can throw the ball the same distance but one can get it there quicker than the other. Lack of arm strength requires a greater arc to achieve the same distance. You must've flunked physics.
You do understand arcs and tangents and the conservation of energy right? Which requires more energy?...throwing a straight line over 10 yards or throwing 20 yards up to go 10? A pitcher throws a fast ball by flattening the arc...it will arrive at the catcher quicker than a curve ball...did it require more energy? Have you ever flown an airplane? Energy is exchanged for either speed or altitude, but its the same amount of energy.

Remember this simple tenent, if you exchange energy for altitude you lose DISTANCE. To go the same distance requires more energy.

Hows your physics degree? Lol

Reactions: DANC
You do understand arcs and tangents and the conservation of energy right? Which requires more energy?...throwing a straight line over 10 yards or throwing 20 yards up to go 10? A pitcher throws a fast ball by flattening the arc...it will arrive at the catcher quicker than a curve ball...did it require more energy? Have you ever flown an airplane? Energy is exchanged for either speed or altitude, but its the same amount of energy.

Remember this simple tenent, if you exchange energy for altitude you lose DISTANCE. To go the same distance requires more energy.

The topic wasn't energy, it was the incorrect notion that distance and velocity were inexorably linked in respect of throwing a football down field. By the way, you unwittingly made my point for me in your post. Thanks, even if you didn't mean to do it. Lol

The topic wasn't energy, it was the incorrect notion that distance and velocity were inexorably linked in respect of throwing a football down field. By the way, you unwittingly made my point for me in your post. Thanks, even if you didn't mean to do it. Lol
Not so fast my friend! Your point was that Zander threw it high for lack of arm strength. You so fundamentally misunderstand the physics of motion you dont understand the answer.

Point made..mlol.

Reactions: DANC
Zander can heave the ball about 45 yards. Lagow can probably heave it about 60 yards. Heaving the ball and being able to throw timing patterns are not the same thing. And then there is that pesky thing called accuracy.

Reactions: IUcolorado and DANC
Not so fast my friend! Your point was that Zander threw it high for lack of arm strength. You so fundamentally misunderstand the physics of motion you dont understand the answer.

Point made..mlol.
Do you really not understand that Zander needed to get more air under the ball because his arm strength was very, shall we say, modest? Does that really escape you?

This.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT