ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Miller TD Reversal...while Breaking Leg - Worst.Call.EVER

Timmy!

Sophomore
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2001
Chicago, IL
Anyone see that? Wow. I mean no words really. Positively preposterous TD reversal call. Dude snaps his leg, full catch, full roll over, clear full possession every inch of the way, completes every step of the process, and only then decides to gently place the ball down, ya know, in order to writh in pain and grab at the friggin' leg he just snapped in-half coming down with the catch 2 seconds earlier. Speechless about that call. Defies every intention of whatever that "fully completing the catch process" rule was meant to accomplish. I think...i think yeah, Worst.Call.Ever

Last edited:
Anyone see that? Wow. I mean no words really. Positively preposterous TD reversal call. Dude snaps his leg, full catch, full roll over, clear full possession every inch of the way, completes every step of the process, and only then decides to gently place the ball down, ya know, in order to writh in pain and grab at the friggin' leg he just snapped in-half coming down with the catch 2 seconds earlier. Speechless about that call. Defies every intention of whatever that "fully completing the catch process" rule was meant to accomplish. I think...i think yeah, Worst.Call.Ever
I see where he may lose his leg. Doctors performed emergency surgery on it but no word yet on if the surgery was a success or not.

By your reaction, I guess you are a Bear fan. Being a Bear fan is probably the worst call ever in my opinion, but I think they should have given him the TD on sympathy alone.

I see where he may lose his leg. Doctors performed emergency surgery on it but no word yet on if the surgery was a success or not.

By your reaction, I guess you are a Bear fan. Being a Bear fan is probably the worst call ever in my opinion, but I think they should have given him the TD on sympathy alone.

Word is the surgery was a success. Leg saved, thank God (well, medical science really though)....

Now, back to that egregious TD reversal call. I am a Bear fan, yes. Born, raised, and reside in Chicago. So I mean, yeah, that's my team. But on that TD reversal call, I'd have felt the same about it no matter which team my allegiances were held towards. It was complete and utter BS any way you shake it. Not only was there nowhere close to anything being indisputably conclusive about that not being a catch, which is the standard that must be met in order to overturn a call, there was nary speck of evidence to suggest he didn't catch it....

For the replay officials to rule that Miller hadn't completed the catch process...it's just completely dishonest. For chrissakes, the dude was literally lying on his back in a fully rested position in the damn end zone with the ball unequivocally secured in his left arm while resting said arm with football in-hand on his chest. Clear as day. The play was over at that point, period. Touchdown in every sense....

It was only after a second or two later, with Miller knowing - "Yup, so I caught it, that's a Touchdown. Now, if you'll please allow me to excuse myself by placing this football down that I just caught so I can tend to my severed artery, that would be great, thaaaanks" - did he intentionally begin to sit up from his previously fully rested position from his back and proceed to slowly roll his body over to the side to set the ball down so he can grab at his severed friggin' artery and acknowledge the excruciating pain that was upon him.

When a player completes a catch and is lying on his back in the end zone in a fully rested position with the ball securely in-hand on top of his chest, at the point he decides to intentionally sit up, roll over and set the ball down, whether it be so he can go on and celebrate the touchdown catch he just made or to tend to his severed artery/completley shreeded knee that just occurred on the play, setting the ball down at that point....well that is just NOT part of the "catch" process. That process had already been completed.

That was a touchdown, and I cannot, for the life of me, understand how the replay officials or any other human being, blind or otherwise, could possibly conclude otherwise after watching that replay, no matter the angle, no matter how many times you watch it.

Word is the surgery was a success. Leg saved, thank God (well, medical science really though)....

Now, back to that egregious TD reversal call. I am a Bear fan, yes. Born, raised, and reside in Chicago. So I mean, yeah, that's my team. But on that TD reversal call, I'd have felt the same about it no matter which team my allegiances were held towards. It was complete and utter BS any way you shake it. Not only was there nowhere close to anything being indisputably conclusive about that not being a catch, which is the standard that must be met in order to overturn a call, there was nary speck of evidence to suggest he didn't catch it....

For the replay officials to rule that Miller hadn't completed the catch process...it's just completely dishonest. For chrissakes, the dude was literally lying on his back in a fully rested position in the damn end zone with the ball unequivocally secured in his left arm while resting said arm with football in-hand on his chest. Clear as day. The play was over at that point, period. Touchdown in every sense....

It was only after a second or two later, with Miller knowing - "Yup, so I caught it, that's a Touchdown. Now, if you'll please allow me to excuse myself by placing this football down that I just caught so I can tend to my severed artery, that would be great, thaaaanks" - did he intentionally begin to sit up from his previously fully rested position from his back and proceed to slowly roll his body over to the side to set the ball down so he can grab at his severed friggin' artery and acknowledge the excruciating pain that was upon him.

When a player completes a catch and is lying on his back in the end zone in a fully rested position with the ball securely in-hand on top of his chest, at the point he decides to intentionally sit up, roll over and set the ball down, whether it be so he can go on and celebrate the touchdown catch he just made or to tend to his severed artery/completley shreeded knee that just occurred on the play, setting the ball down at that point....well that is just NOT part of the "catch" process. That process had already been completed.

That was a touchdown, and I cannot, for the life of me, understand how the replay officials or any other human being, blind or otherwise, could possibly conclude otherwise after watching that replay, no matter the angle, no matter how many times you watch it.

I don't give a shit about the call, or the Bears, or football for that matter...but you should post more often @Timmy!

Reactions: Timmy!
I don't give a shit about the call, or the Bears, or football for that matter...but you should post more often @Timmy!

I'd post more often but I've been getting laid so damn much lately that I just haven't had the time. Heck, things have been going so swimmingly in that department that I even forgot to fill out a PGA lineup last week even after I had already reserved a spot in the DK Douchebag contest. Sure, I've sucked hard enough in the PGA contest where I could basically suck a dick through a straw, but at least I had been gettin' a squad out there, however shitty it may have been. This past week though, I couldn't even do that. Shameful...

Anyhow, back to the getting laid part. Haven't been on a streak like this since my mid-twenties (I'm 37, so let's call it best in a dozen years). I knew I made the right decision when, a few months back, I decided to break things off with the chick I had been living with the past year rather than marry her. I mean she was great and all, a real sweetheart with a heart of gold, and excellent in the kitchen to boot. BUT, ironically enough, unlike my recent DraftKings Douchebag PGA contest lineups, she couldn't exactly, ya know, suck a d through a straw.

So, @twenty02 I will try to make a point of it to post more often. There really is no reason I shouldn't be able to get laid and post messages (although not necessarily at the same time, or at least it's not recommended), as this post right here is proof that one thing is not mutually exclusive of the other.

Reactions: twenty02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT