ADVERTISEMENT

Zach McRoberts

ufo33

Hall of Famer
Jul 7, 2005
McRoberts is now a student at IU can he be a preferred Walk-on front court replacement player?

I don't think he could play this year since he was on scholarship at Vermont

McRoberts as a,walk on would help the team and replace one 6'7" player with hops with another 6'7" player with hops.

He's kinda like this board....Free. So its all good. If we get to the point where we are arguing over which walk on to take...I think its time to turn out the lights and go nighty night.

I don't think he could play this year since he was on scholarship at Vermont
He played at Vermont the season before last. He was on the IU campus the last two semesters but did not play basketball. He is eligible to play immediately....

Having McRoberts as a walk-on is a plus. How does that hurt? Taking Priller's minutes? I know that most of those comments were meant as a joke. TP knows his status and he has decided to stay. He is getting a great education, going to school at a great place, on the BB team, probably very desirable to the co-eds, etc., etc. The negative comments are par for the course here. Zach will help in making practices competitive as he is not a scrub. My guess is his BB IQ is pretty high.

Reactions: minneman and schmib
Having McRoberts as a walk-on is a plus. How does that hurt? Taking Priller's minutes? I know that most of those comments were meant as a joke. TP knows his status and he has decided to stay. He is getting a great education, going to school at a great place, on the BB team, probably very desirable to the co-eds, etc., etc. The negative comments are par for the course here. Zach will help in making practices competitive as he is not a scrub. My guess is his BB IQ is pretty high.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some minutes. If he is half as good as his brother he will help.

He played at Vermont the season before last. He was on the IU campus the last two semesters but did not play basketball. He is eligible to play immediately....
This post was resurrected from September 2015. The one you quoted was from that time. So while you are correct, the other poster was also correct at the time. Just FYI

ADVERTISEMENT