ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Johnson Explosion: So AOTF, no discussion?

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
With the divided views of golf on here, I was surprised that there was no mention of this from the final round of the John Deere Classic yesterday. To set the stage, Johnson was putting (think it was 16?) and was 1 stroke behind the leaders. He addressed his ball and in the middle of his backswing a super loud explosion goes off. It scared the crap out of him and he literally jumps with both feet off the ground and it either shook the camera, or scared the cameraman because on replays you can see the camera vibrating. Turns out it was some redneck in a passing pontoon boat. The guy had to be watching the telecast and timed the explosion perfectly. I've seen reports that it was an M80 or an air cannon, whatever that is. Apparently the guy enjoys tweaking golfers, does it fairly often and decided to take it up a couple notches to the PGA. I've never seen anything like it, but if you hate golf, you'll probably find it funny. Thoughts?

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/12/8...ks-out-when-loud-bang-goes-off-on-nearby-boat

With the divided views of golf on here, I was surprised that there was no mention of this from the final round of the John Deere Classic yesterday. To set the stage, Johnson was putting (think it was 16?) and was 1 stroke behind the leaders. He addressed his ball and in the middle of his backswing a super loud explosion goes off. It scared the crap out of him and he literally jumps with both feet off the ground and it either shook the camera, or scared the cameraman because on replays you can see the camera vibrating. Turns out it was some redneck in a passing pontoon boat. The guy had to be watching the telecast and timed the explosion perfectly. I've seen reports that it was an M80 or an air cannon, whatever that is. Apparently the guy enjoys tweaking golfers, does it fairly often and decided to take it up a couple notches to the PGA. I've never seen anything like it, but if you hate golf, you'll probably find it funny. Thoughts?

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/12/8...ks-out-when-loud-bang-goes-off-on-nearby-boat

I saw it... Feherty said officers would be waiting on the redneck asshole. I hope he got arrested or anal raped with a nightstick.

I saw it... Feherty said officers would be waiting on the redneck asshole. I hope he got arrested or anal raped with a nightstick.
Agree with $ on this. Somebody didn't get enough attention as a child. Come to think of it.....

Reactions: C-$
My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real hero?
-Mitch Hedberg

Reactions: C-$
Dude, 99.9% of the population are douchebags to you so I don't waste any effort concerning myself with how you feel regarding the subject.
85% dumbass. 85% of the human race is a waste of breathe.

So, quit breathing ..

ADVERTISEMENT