ADVERTISEMENT

Yuuuuge Houston Crowd

Doesn't surprise me at all! After all, we elected Trump 2 years ago, didn't we?
We are a nation of Billies.

If a republican senator and president can’t draw a huge crowd in Houston then they might as well give up. I’m sure Obama, stumping for a Democratic senator, could still draw a huge crowd in LA or NYC or Chicago.

If a republican senator and president can’t draw a huge crowd in Houston then they might as well give up. I’m sure Obama, stumping for a Democratic senator, could still draw a huge crowd in LA or NYC or Chicago.
You mean those Commie areas?
Oops, Commie is not a bad word anymore, but then is Russia still Commie country? If not, what is it? :rolleyes:

Another close race in a deep red state. Trump has been a blessing is disguise for Democrats.

Funny thing is Trump is getting these crowds everywhere he goes, but you’re wrong - no politician has ever got these type of numbers at this point in their stint. Who’s ever had people camping out in order to get a seat?

Funny thing is Trump is getting these crowds everywhere he goes, but you’re wrong - no politician has ever got these type of numbers at this point in their stint. Who’s ever had people camping out in order to get a seat?

peak-trump-from-wash-mon.jpg

You may be right! It also proves that Trump surely draws a lot of nutcases.;)

Thanks for proving my point. A progressive liberal is giving an incumbent republican a good battle for the seat in a very red state. Several polls are still within the margin of error. Cruz will most likely win but the fact a progressive liberal in still in the race should be very concerning for republicans.

Beto (and Willie Nelson) drew 55k in Austin

It is an advantage to someone who can draw a crowd that people want to see speak, but it's not everything.

Houston is so huge population-wise that it's not surprising that a lot of Trump people wanted to come, even with the actual county being solid blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monkey Pox
Well one has to remember that most presidents felt it was more important to run the country than to run around riling up his base with his hate filled lies. Trump is indeed unique. As are his supporters.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/trump-cruz-rally-houston-crowd-photos-how-many/

Had to cancel the NRG and move to the Toyota Center.

LMAO!!! :D

Houston is the 4th or 5th biggest city in the country. So, yeah, he’s going to get big numbers there.

Basically, any big name politician would draw a huge crowd- regardless of party.

All to see a love fest between two people that clearly don’t really like each other- Ted Cruz showed his stripes by kissing and making up with Trump. If someone attacks my family, including my wife AND my father, I’m done with them. Unless they apologize, but we all know that Trump will beer do that.

I’d be interested to hear folk’s take on Trump claiming he’s a “nationalist”. He even prefaced it by saying that he knows that he is not supposed to say it- so it’s pretty clear he actually understands what he said.

Trump has basically said “eff it”, and pulled every dog whistle he can find out of his bag over the past week. And, just flat out made up a bunch of stuff (mobs in CA, pubs protecting pre existing conditions in health care, middle eastern people being in the Honduran group, passing a middle class tax cut in a few weeks... I could go on). It’s all patently absurd, and ridiculous.

Yet, somehow it electrifies a minority of the country. I don’t understand how some just believe every damn thing the man says.

Reactions: cosmickid
Thanks for proving my point. A progressive liberal is giving an incumbent republican a good battle for the seat in a very red state. Several polls are still within the margin of error. Cruz will most likely win but the fact a progressive liberal in still in the race should be very concerning for republicans.
You don’t know much about Texas politics or poll numbers in general. You have a lot of buddies in Austin, Houston and Dallas. No different than any other state in that regard.

How about this Texas race?
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/governor/tx/texas_governor_abbott_vs_valdez-6435.html

Would love to see Abbott run on the Presidential ticket.

You don’t know much about Texas politics or poll numbers in general. You have a lot of buddies in Austin, Houston and Dallas. No different than any other state in that regard.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/governor/tx/texas_governor_abbott_vs_valdez-6435.html

Now you are deflecting. Bottomline is it is a huge red flag that liberal progressive is within the margin of error in many polls in deep red Texas. These are just the facts and facts are not up for debate. Try to stay on topic. As I said Trump has been a yuuuuuuge blessing in disguise for the Democrats as many deep red areas are now opening up for Democrats.

Last edited:
Now you are deflecting. Bottomline is it is a huge red flag that liberal progressive is within the margin of error in many polls in deep red Texas. These are just the facts and facts are not up for debate. Try to stay on topic. As I said Trump has been a yuuuuuuge blessing in disguise for the Democrats as many deep red areas are now opening up for Democrats.
Wrong again.

State Legislatures are where it really happens and this is not good for the Dems...

partisan2018_lg.jpg

Even some of your own leaders are trying to reign in the fringe as they go further and further into madness and further and further away from normalcy.

We're seeing a real possibility of Freaking GEORGIA electing the first Black female to a State Governorship EVER. And she's running against a guy one step removed from being an actual member of the KKK, who is trying to "out Trump" Trump...

Hillary was within 8 points in TX. The margin was expected to be larger.

What’s sad about TX is that it ranks 47/50 in terms of registered voters actualoy voting. The state’s demographics are rapidly changing, and if all registered voters actualoy voted, there’s a good chance it would already be purple- and closing in on blue.

It’ll happen eventually, but it’ll take longer than it would in other southern states.

And, Beto has run an almost flawless campaign. No major missteps, and he’s actually visited all 240+ counties in the state to talk to voters- including deep red ones. Crud has been around for over 6 years- and he still hasn’t done that yet.

And, Abbott may be less bright than Rick Perry- and that’s saying something. His opponent isn’t very strong, or he’d be worrying a little right now also. He’s a huge hypocrite also.

An example? He’s in a wheelchair because he went out jogging in the river oaks area of Houston. Lots of massive trees. A storm hit, lightening hit a tree, and the tree fell on him. Making him a paraplegic. Then he sued everybody and their brother, even though it was an act of god. And rolled away with millions.

Then he became AG, and pushed through a lot of really horrible “tort reform”. The effect was that he foreclosed someone in a similar situation that he was in earlier from recovering from their injuries like he did. And guess what? The reforms had little effects on insurance rates, and now your recovery in a medical malpractice case is limited to 250K, per provider/entity.

He’s the worst sort of hypocrite- he benefitted, then kept other people from benefiting like he did. It’s like being one of the last people on the lifeboat, and then pulling up the damn ladder when others try to get in.

Oh, and there’s this re: citizens having a right to know about hazardous chemicals stored at their neighbor’s property:

https://www.texastribune.org/2014/07/03/abbott-pivots-access-information-about-chemicals/

Go ahead and read it. A straight up big business shill. Screw the citizens.

And, Abbott has now required all state regulation to go to his office for review before it can be adopted. Which is currently challenged, on constitutional grounds. As it should be- it effectively takes the power to regulate from the agencies, and allows his office to do whatever the hell they want with those. It also slows down/waters down things that need to be changed.

The race primed for an upset is the AG Paxton. The guy was indicted for theft, and he’s not the most impressive politician. Remember, he’s the chief law enforcement office in TX.

And his dem challenger is pretty strong. Having a dem AG, even with a pub governor and Lieut, governor would really shake some things up. Since the W era, the state has really screwed over its citizens in favor of big business.

And I live here. Have for almost ten years. So I know the state. It’s a lot of really red small towns, with several big cities that are growing faster than the rest of the state- and they’re getting bluer every election. When I moved to Houston in late 2008, the Harris county district court judges went from all pub to half and half pub & dem.

It’s going to be an interesting night on election night. I say Cruz wins by 3 or so, Abbot gets re-elected & Paxton loses. We’re close to electing a national dem again in TX (last happened in ‘88), but I don’t think we’re there yet.

I see about 15,000 (more) reasons to never set foot in Texas.

Then again, that's less that .0025 or 1/400th of Houston's population of over 6 million. What do the other 99.75% think of Trump?

The big cities in TX are pretty cool- I actually love it here. And the border area people are the nicest people on the damn planet.

And I’m far from a “righty”. TX is actually very different depending on what part you’re in. Even the big cities have radically different personalities. SA (where I live) is more laid back, Houston is more like Chicago or LA than anything else in TX- and DFW is just one continuous megalopolis. My least favorite of the three. And we all know about Austin/ great town to hang out in.

In short, don’t make the mistake of painting TX with one large brush stroke. I moved down her for work- and ended up loving the place.

That being said, the crazy in TX ranks up there with the crazy in FL & AZ. There’s certain parts of the state that I just don’t care to venture to now- especially if my family is with me. But its not nearly as bad as you’d think it would be. Even the reddest parts aren’t as bad as you would think (outside of Waller county- google it).

Wrong again.

State Legislatures are where it really happens and this is not good for the Dems...

partisan2018_lg.jpg

Even some of your own leaders are trying to reign in the fringe as they go further and further into madness and further and further away from normalcy.

Wrong again (I'm guessing no college degree). repubicans have lost support in every special election since trump was barely elected by 80,000 votes. The house is going back to the Democrats so dopey donnie will finally have a check. Again, dopey donnie has been a blessing for the Democrats. Remember you are the minoirty. Keep trying though, its cute.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxCoke
All to see a love fest between two people that clearly don’t really like each other- Ted Cruz showed his stripes by kissing and making up with Trump. If someone attacks my family, including my wife AND my father, I’m done with them. Unless they apologize, but we all know that Trump will beer do that.
It's been posted, but just gotta drop this in here:

Funny, but what’s really funny is how the Left looks down their noses at people they don’t know as they continue to live under the myth that the educated only reside on their side. What a crock. But, continue on because that false narrative is exactly what cost you the last national election.

Reactions: herrli
Funny, but what’s really funny is how the Left looks down their noses at people they don’t know as they continue to live under the myth that the educated only reside on their side. What a crock. But, continue on because that false narrative is exactly what cost you the last national election.
Beauty college isn't really college.

Yikes look at the anger coming from tiny mo! You might want to get back in your little bubble

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. He got the inside straight and won barely by 80,000 votes. He has zero shot of carrying the big ten states in 2020.

Looks like I struck too close to home! Awww poor weak minded Mo wasn't smart enough to go to college. LOL. Your fever obsession with your cult leader trump is cute. Thanks for the laughs.

Last edited:

He should redistribute some of his 40 mil to some other Dem campaigns with a fighting chance.

I do get a kick out of Beta's "I've visited every county in Texas" routine. It's such an obvious political ploy and Cruz rightfully trashed it for symbolic but ultimately meaningless, political gesture that it is.

Yikes look at the anger coming from tiny mo! You might want to get back in your little bubble

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. He got the inside straight and won barely by 80,000 votes. He has zero shot of carrying the big ten states in 2020.

Looks like I struck too close to home! Awww poor weak minded Mo wasn't smart enough to go to college. LOL. Your fever obsession with your cult leader trump is cute. Thanks for the laughs.
Anger? Where? All smiles here. Lovin my country, lovin my family, lovin life. :D

But, I did notice some lunacy. :rolleyes:

Reactions: herrli
He should redistribute some of his 40 mil to some other Dem campaigns with a fighting chance.

I do get a kick out of Beta's "I've visited every county in Texas" routine. It's such an obvious political ploy and Cruz rightfully trashed it for symbolic but ultimately meaningless, political gesture that it is.
Yeah, the Dems are not happy with Beta hoarding the cash while facing a probable loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT