ADVERTISEMENT

Yovanovitch statement

Hey, just 'cause I have to wind it up doesn't mean it's all bad.
You actually got this thing running again?!?!?

GettyImages_455483622.0.jpg

/end nerd joke

Reactions: RBB89 and tooold4
Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for her testimony. Her opening statement hinted at some juicy revelations.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000016d-bbc2-d25f-af7f-ffcab0070001

Stomach churning to say the least. Personal interest of this administration (and Russia) against rule of law and government. Hollowed out state department replaced with yes men that will do the individual's bidding. Anti corruption being turned on its head and called corrupt. The attack on democracy is evident every day and we have a Senate that is too cowardly to stand up for themselves in fear of repercussions.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHoops
Get your talking points straight. It was phones they took a hammer to. They used Bleachbit on their hard drives.

I was just trying to be light hearted. I don’t have any talking points. Chill.

BTW I am getting 8 new desktops in my office. My tax software won’t support Windows 7 or 8 whichever I currently have. What’s the best way to destroy the hard drives in the desktops. I’ve probably got 15 or more old ones already stored in the office because I am afraid to put them in the trash or a dump.

BTW I am getting 8 new desktops in my office. My tax software won’t support Windows 7 or 8 whichever I currently have. What’s the best way to destroy the hard drives in the desktops. I’ve probably got 15 or more old ones already stored in the office because I am afraid to put them in the trash or a dump.
Physically destroying them (hammer, drilling, etc) is the most secure, but I don't like to recommend that simply because it's a waste of good hardware. Me, I boot to a live Linux disk/usb and use GPartEd to delete the partitions and write a new partition table. Quick, simple, easy-peasy. That's good enough as far as I'm concerned. You'd need forensic tools and mad skilz to get anything off them afterwards.

If you're really paranoid, a command line program called 'dd' can be used to write zeros to the drive. It meets all but the most stringent DoD specs. There used to be a boot disk called DBAN that did the same thing that used a rudimentary GUI, but I haven't used in in forever. If you've got a local IT geek, they can do it for you. It's not a highly technical process for someone with basic skills. Or if you want to pay me big bucks to drive to Jasper...

Reactions: IUPaterade724
So getting rid of dedicated public servants who share America's traditional values such as Yovanovich is what they call cleaning the swamp.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
I was just trying to be light hearted. I don’t have any talking points. Chill.

I clean my drives with DBAN (Darik's Boot and Nuke).

Reactions: stollcpa
Physically destroying them (hammer, drilling, etc) is the most secure, but I don't like to recommend that simply because it's a waste of good hardware. Me, I boot to a live Linux disk/usb and use GPartEd to delete the partitions and write a new partition table. Quick, simple, easy-peasy. That's good enough as far as I'm concerned. You'd need forensic tools and mad skilz to get anything off them afterwards.

If you're really paranoid, a command line program called 'dd' can be used to write zeros to the drive. It meets all but the most stringent DoD specs. There used to be a boot disk called DBAN that did the same thing that used a rudimentary GUI, but I haven't used in in forever. If you've got a local IT geek, they can do it for you. It's not a highly technical process for someone with basic skills. Or if you want to pay me big bucks to drive to Jasper...

We still use DBAN. It has a setting to wipe to DoD specifications which we are required to meet.

Reactions: UncleMark
So getting rid of dedicated public servants who share America's traditional values such as Yovanovich is what they call cleaning the swamp.
People like her and the whistleblowers are going to do what Comey and Mueller couldn't-- bring Trump to account.

The layman needs to use a drill.

I am really paranoid. Lol. Going to see if my contract IT guy can use this advice. Sending him screen shot.

Thanks

Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for her testimony. Her opening statement hinted at some juicy revelations.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000016d-bbc2-d25f-af7f-ffcab0070001

All people need to remember is that prime proponents of ousting Yonanovitch included "Sam" Kislin and Pavel Fuchs...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...kislin-and-ukraine-corruption-go-back-decades

And now we see WHY Kislin was so motivated to get rid of Yovanovitch and her anti-corruption crusade...

"In January last year, Kislin lobbied the former US Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, to help him unlock millions of dollars that had in fact been seized in a major criminal inquiry.

This comes as the New York Times reported that federal investigators are examining Giuliani's efforts to undermine Yovanovitch as part of a broader campaign to pressure Ukraine into helping Trump's political prospects."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...d-yanukovych-stolen-cash-191010120733266.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT