ADVERTISEMENT

Your salsa recipe....give it to me....

Jack_Ripper

Junior
Aug 10, 2011
533486termsalv.jpg

Now....

I have a really good tomato harvest and want to make salsa...just bored with my recipe....FYI I can't do hot anymore, so keep your Serrano and Scotch Bonnet peppers.....I do need to shop tomorrow, so if your recipe calls for tomatillo I can swing it....

533486termsalv.jpg

Now....

I have a really good tomato harvest and want to make salsa...just bored with my recipe....FYI I can't do hot anymore, so keep your Serrano and Scotch Bonnet peppers.....I do need to shop tomorrow, so if your recipe calls for tomatillo I can swing it....
I'll give you a very simple not too hot recipe. Although I can't imagine why you need a recipe. This is elementary shit. Anyway:

Some tomatoes.
A vidalia onion
A couple of jalapenos
Fresh cilantro

Dice the shit out of it. Sprinkle in just a touch of salt and black pepper, and stir.

Don't boil any of it. Eat it fresh.

Done.

EDIT: Per TMP, I was reminded, add some lime juice. Just buy like one or two limes, cut them in half, and squeeze the juice in. You don't even need a reamer. Just hand squeeze. You'll be fine.

Although I can't imagine why you need a recipe. This is elementary shit.
Okay, so you know when I say that you and Tiff say the same thing all the time.

Yup....

"Hey what's your salsa recipe?"

"who needs a salsa "recipe" it's simple shit"

It's creepy dude..

Reactions: C-$
I'll give you a very simple not too hot recipe. Although I can't imagine why you need a recipe. This is elementary shit. Anyway:

Bah ! This new format sux ! My salsa is pretty much like Goat, except I add fresh garlic...just looking for something different...he's right, salsa should be simple...it is simple...mine is good, just bored with it...throw me a curve...

Then give me the watered down version....
Tomatoes, peppers (what ever kind you fking want < not my words and said condescendingly), onion, garlic, cilantro (or parsley) salt lime juice, cumin. If you ask me for amounts... I'm gonna have to kill ya.

Reactions: Jack_Ripper
I had some spicy pickled carrots, radish and onion today from my Mexican friend as well as he taught me that he puts chia seeds in his water b/c it makes him full and has beneficial nutrients but doesn't cost much.

His father made his do it before they made the trek to 'murica from Mexico because they were poor.

Tomatoes, peppers (what ever kind you fking want < not my words and said condescendingly), onion, garlic, cilantro (or parsley) salt lime juice, cumin. If you ask me for amounts... I'm gonna have to kill ya.
Shit. I didn't mention limes, but yeah, that's a good idea. Whatever "recipe" I listed above, squeeze a fresh lime or two into it. Definitely.

I've never put cumin in my salsa...you won't need to kill me..I eyeball it...thank you !

Reactions: RawbM

Some tomatoes.
A vidalia onion
A couple of jalapenos
Fresh cilantro

Dice the shit out of it. Sprinkle in just a touch of salt and black pepper, and stir.

Done.

EDIT: Per TMP, I was reminded, add some lime juice. Just buy like one or two limes, cut them in half, and squeeze the juice in. You don't even need a reamer. Just hand squeeze. You'll be fine.

WTF???

If anyone honestly wouldn't know how to do that, I should shit on their head.

I've never put cumin in my salsa...you won't need to kill me..I eyeball it...thank you !

1 medium jalapeno (average heat) with 3 or 4 small tomatoes is a good ratio. It has a bite but my GF's 10 year old daughter can handle. So, you should have no problem. lol

Some tomatoes.
A vidalia onion
A couple of jalapenos
Fresh cilantro

Done.

Add a tablespoon or two of strawberry jam to that...

My buddy's dad owns Ralston Farms in Warren. He brought some hot pepper jam to our share the other night and stole the show.

My two current culinary focuses are on designing my new smoker and figuring out how to make the shitty cuts of my 1/4 cow I bought taste awesome.

533486termsalv.jpg

Now....

Best salsa you'll ever eat or your money back.

3 medium sized tomatoes
1 medium white onion
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 jalapeño pepper
1 fresh bunch cilantro
2 limes
1 clove fresh garlic

I usually like chunky salsa, but in a pinch you can use a food processor and it will be just as good. Chop the vegetables to your liking. I keep the seeds in the jalapeño only. Mix everything together before you add the limes. Add limes and salt and then mix a final time. You can adjust heat with more or less jalapeño (duh).

I swear by Santitas chips, but you may feel differently.

ADVERTISEMENT