ADVERTISEMENT

Your predictions...

elkbuck

Newcomer
Sep 30, 2009
Centerville, OH
We're just over 24 hours from kickoff at the 'Shoe. Give me your predictions for the final score. Here's mine:

IU plays tOSU tough for three quarters, but falls short in the 4th.

Bucks 41, Hoosiers 24.

Hmmm... you guys both have good predictions. I don't know that I can actually call this one with any confidence. I have bought into the legitimacy of both teams, so I just don't know where to go with it. I'm just looking for a good game - it'll likely be the best we've seen from a tOSU perspective all year. Stay safe @82hoosier.

Reactions: elkbuck
OSU 51
IU 13

LOL wow! No faith in the IU defense or are you expecting a lot of D/ST touchdowns? Remember, of IU's 87pts given up, 28 of those were off pick 6's, fumble recoveries for TD's and a punt block for TD. Considering the ridiculous predicament our offense has put our D in at times so far this season, the defense has been very stout. Hence the reason I say the spread is truly a betters dream!

With all of that said, IU hasn't faced an offense this good since.....well practice the last few years. But in reality, OSU is hitting on all cylinders both offensively and defensively. The only hope here is that Oklahoma is just not that good and we come out and find out we're the best team they've faced all season. Either way I'm going with:

Ohio State - 31
Indiana - 20

I think IU covers. What I'm really hoping for is a good showing with no injuries and no OSU hangover for the Nebraska game.

Hard to call this one.

Just going by "on paper" stats O$U wins it by 20 :( , but ..., if we can overcome a couple of interceptions, this team just might have the intestinal fortitude to come back and pull it off this year... If they cut back on the penalties, and don't let a 100,000 drunk fat guys, eating brats, shake their concentration, we might just get see DD part 2. Should be "interesting".:)

LOL wow! No faith in the IU defense or are you expecting a lot of D/ST touchdowns? Remember, of IU's 87pts given up, 28 of those were off pick 6's, fumble recoveries for TD's and a punt block for TD. Considering the ridiculous predicament our offense has put our D in at times so far this season, the defense has been very stout. Hence the reason I say the spread is truly a betters dream!

With all of that said, IU hasn't faced an offense this good since.....well practice the last few years. But in reality, OSU is hitting on all cylinders both offensively and defensively. The only hope here is that Oklahoma is just not that good and we come out and find out we're the best team they've faced all season. Either way I'm going with:

Ohio State - 31
Indiana - 20

I think 31 is a good number for directly attributable to IU's defense, but I am really worried that about turnovers/special teams mistakes directly leading to OSU scores or giving them short fields. I'll say that they get at least one of those and move 38-20.

I think Bucks win 45 - 13. This is the youngest team in the country so if IU is ever going to knock the Bucks off this would be their chance. I don't see it happening but if it does I will tip my cap to IU.

Reactions: elkbuck
I think Bucks win 45 - 13. This is the youngest team in the country so if IU is ever going to knock the Bucks off this would be their chance. I don't see it happening but if it does I will tip my cap to IU.

Wait a minute, OSU has 20 Juniors and 24 Seniors on the roster, 44 upperclassmen. IU has 11 Seniors and 27 Juniors on the roster, 38 upperclassmen.

How is OSU the youngest team in CFB? They have almost have the team upperclassmen and 14 more than IU.

Wait a minute, OSU has 20 Juniors and 24 Seniors on the roster, 44 upperclassmen. IU has 11 Seniors and 27 Juniors on the roster, 38 upperclassmen.

How is OSU the youngest team in CFB? They have almost have the team upperclassmen and 14 more than IU.

Shhhh, don't spoil their excuse they're saving in case they were to ever lose. ;)

I'll go OSU 20-17. As i've said all week, i think it will be closer than many think, especially if feeney is good to go at RG and we can get the run game going. However, there are a lot of ifs required for IU to win, so i'll give the best team in the country their due respect. Sincerely hope i'm wrong, and i get booed out of the stadium if IU pulls off the upset ;).

Reactions: Chicaco1908

Ohio State had to replace 16 starters this year. Please find a team that lost more.

Ohio State had to replace 16 starters this year. Please find a team that lost more.

Yeah, tough. All those 4 & 5* RS Soph, Junior and RS Senior recruits to choose from. I see your point...

You do realize that your "young starters" are mostly RS Sophs, JRs, and RS Srs? You have 2 true Fresh starting? THat is what you are sooo concerned about to say that this is the time to get the young guys? Cry me a river for your woes...

OSU is a football factory, with the talent OSU gets any Coacn NOT playing for the National Championship must suck. Geez, quit with all the we're the youngest team and we have to replace 16 starter crap, you are loaded and there is no reason not to be in the playoff. OSU being in the playoff is not a sign of great coaching, it is a sign of a football factory.

I think I think in a tighter game OSU plays more conservative so unless the defense scores a couple of times, this is the lowest point output for the Bucks so far this season in a game that is in question until late in the 4th.

I see OSU 24- Indiana 14.

Now if the Buckeye defense does score a couple of times and I think that opens the floodgates a bit and the final ends up

OSU 49- Indiana 17.

Yeah, tough. All those 4 & 5* RS Soph, Junior and RS Senior recruits to choose from. I see your point...

You do realize that your "young starters" are mostly RS Sophs, JRs, and RS Srs? You have 2 true Fresh starting? THat is what you are sooo concerned about to say that this is the time to get the young guys? Cry me a river for your woes...

OSU is a football factory, with the talent OSU gets any Coacn NOT playing for the National Championship must suck. Geez, quit with all the we're the youngest team and we have to replace 16 starter crap, you are loaded and there is no reason not to be in the playoff. OSU being in the playoff is not a sign of great coaching, it is a sign of a football factory.

The 4-5 Star recruits does give the team an advantage. But with 44 players being RS or true freshman, it means that half the team including a good number of starters and players with significant playing time had never played a down of college football prior to the season.

The surprise isn't that they have at times looked really good. The surprise has been how consistent and how few mistakes they have made so far. The talent generally guarantees almost any coach to win at OSU. But coaching is what wins the big games, Bowls, and Championships, against similarly talented teams.

How is OSU the youngest team in CFB? They have almost have the team upperclassmen and 14 more than IU.[/QUOTE

OSU only has 6 scholarship seniors. OSU has 44 redshirt or true freshmen.

The line scares me. Either Vegas thinks it will be a blow out or they know buckeye fans will bet it no matter how ridiculous. Lol

I think it's a game till halftime with the bad guys pulling away in 2nd half. 45-21

I think I think in a tighter game OSU plays more conservative so unless the defense scores a couple of times, this is the lowest point output for the Bucks so far this season in a game that is in question until late in the 4th.

I see OSU 24- Indiana 14.

Now if the Buckeye defense does score a couple of times and I think that opens the floodgates a bit and the final ends up

OSU 49- Indiana 17.

I anticipated this type of game. Not surprised. IU has talent and am looking forward to watching you guys having a very good season. Good-luck the rest of the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT