ADVERTISEMENT

Your move ..

Um....I think you might be in trouble.
He has a mate in two if I give him a move ... which I won't.

11. ... Ke7
01. e4 c5
02. Nf3 Nc6
03. Bb5 d6
04. c3 Nf6
05. Qc2 Bg4
06. Bxc6+ bxc6
07. e5 e6
08. Na3 d5
09. exf6 Qxf6
10. Qa4 Bxf3
11. Qxc6+ Ke7\
12. Qb7+

diagram_of_chess_board_setup3.jpg

He has a mate in two if I give him a move ... which I won't.

01. e4 c5
02. Nf3 Nc6
03. Bb5 d6
04. c3 Nf6
05. Qc2 Bg4
06. Bxc6+ bxc6
07. e5 e6
08. Na3 d5
09. exf6 Qxf6
10. Qa4 Bxf3
11. Qxc6+ Ke7\
12. Qb7+

Very good. Jim's an idiot.

Unless I'm a retard, I have a forced move here.
12. ... Kd6

Very good. Jim's an idiot.

Unless I'm a retard, I have a forced move here.
12. ... Kd6
01. e4 c5
02. Nf3 Nc6
03. Bb5 d6
04. c3 Nf6
05. Qc2 Bg4
06. Bxc6+ bxc6
07. e5 e6
08. Na3 d5
09. exf6 Qxf6
10. Qa4 Bxf3
11. Qxc6+ Ke7\
12. Qb7+ Kd6
13. Nb5+

yea, you only have one move. I didn't want to mark it ..

I gambled a bit back in moves 5 and 7. TMP has handled it very well, but I still think I have the opportunity to take the advantage back soon.
I could have played safe and took bishop instead of putting you into check and played with a 2 pt advantage. But that sounded boring. So I went Leroy Jenkins.
01. e4 c5
02. Nf3 Nc6
03. Bb5 d6
04. c3 Nf6
05. Qc2 Bg4
06. Bxc6+ bxc6
07. e5 e6
08. Na3 d5
09. exf6 Qxf6
10. Qa4 Bxf3
11. Qxc6+ Ke7\
12. Qb7+ Kd6
13. Nb5+ Ke5
14. Qxa8

I could have played safe and took bishop instead of putting you into check and played with a 2 pt advantage. But that sounded boring. So I went Leroy Jenkins.
01. e4 c5
02. Nf3 Nc6
03. Bb5 d6
04. c3 Nf6
05. Qc2 Bg4
06. Bxc6+ bxc6
07. e5 e6
08. Na3 d5
09. exf6 Qxf6
10. Qa4 Bxf3
11. Qxc6+ Ke7\
12. Qb7+ Kd6
13. Nb5+ Ke5
14. Qxa8

14. ... a6

FWIW, this may be the first time in my entire life I've played a Sicilian Defense (thanks Toasted!)...I know it's supposed to be the best response, but I have always played 1. e4 e5. It's just what I know and what I'm used to. So this is all new to me.

FWIW, this may be the first time in my entire life I've played a Sicilian Defense (thanks Toasted!)...I know it's supposed to be the best response, but I have always played 1. e4 e5. It's just what I know and what I'm used to. So this is all new to me.
It's all good. Unless I fk this up. Are you tipping your king over? Not being a dick, just asking. I never talk trash when playing.

fwiw - you had 3 wasted moves, I had 1, so far. We both countered better than we do attack. The stuff we were trying to run was transparent, but both our counters were inventive. You were one dead move (by me) away from having me in checkmate and almost had it. Once you took advantage I didn't have a wasted move and your right flank is gaping like Jimmy's mom so...

fwiw - I don't like Sicilian either, but when I use King's pawn, my friends counter with it. It annoys me. I never tried Ruy Lopez against it. I like it. It will be my counter. I was told that I had to stay disciplined, because it always seems like you're losing early and it's not until the Sicilian attacks that the Guy Lopez basically "opens up" ..

Also, the reason I don't talk shit. I get pissed when I lose. It's the only game that can make me go tilt.

Do you want to resign and maybe play another in a couple days?

It's all good. Unless I fk this up. Are you tipping your king over? Not being a dick, just asking. I never talk trash when playing.

fwiw - you had 3 wasted moves, I had 1, so far. We both countered better than we do attack. The stuff we were trying to run was transparent, but both our counters were inventive. You were one dead move (by me) away from having me in checkmate and almost had it. Once you took advantage I didn't have a wasted move and your right flank is gaping like Jimmy's mom so...

fwiw - I don't like Sicilian either, but when I use King's pawn, my friends counter with it. It annoys me. I never tried Ruy Lopez against it. I like it. It will be my counter. I was told that I had to stay disciplined, because it always seems like you're losing early and it's not until the Sicilian attacks that the Guy Lopez basically "opens up" ..

Also, the reason I don't talk shit. I get pissed when I lose. It's the only game that can make me go tilt.

Do you want to resign and maybe play another in a couple days?
No offense, but no, I'm not ready to resign. You can skip graphics to save time though.

01. e4 c5
02. Nf3 Nc6
03. Bb5 d6
04. c3 Nf6
05. Qc2 Bg4
06. Bxc6+ bxc6
07. e5 e6
08. Na3 d5
09. exf6 Qxf6
10. Qa4 Bxf3
11. Qxc6+ Ke7\
12. Qb7+ Kd6
13. Nb5+ Ke5
14. Qxa8 a6
15. Qb8+ Kf5
16. Nd6+

You needed to try and create problems...

Not forced, but
i.e.

18. ... Qe5+
19. Kf1 Qe4
20. gxf3 Qxf3
now if Rg1 there is a perpetual check Qd1-g4.
And if Kg1 Qd1+ and same perpetual. i.e kg2 Qg4 or Qf1 Qg4+

Also way too many sacs in this game in general. Don't sac if you don't have a concrete calculated followup.
I'll read when we're done.

You needed to try and create problems...

Not forced, but
i.e.

18. ... Qe5+
19. Kf1 Qe4
20. gxf3 Qxf3
now if Rg1 there is a perpetual check Qd1-g4.
And if Kg1 Qd1+ and same perpetual. i.e kg2 Qg4 or Qf1 Qg4+

Also way too many sacs in this game in general. Don't sac if you don't have a concrete calculated followup.
You missed a couple of moves.

EDIT: Nevermind. I misread your post.

Is this correct? You just moved D4 which opened up that up and your king is on f5. It should be check.

Nope. Since this is an honest mistake of graphics, and not just dumbassery, let's delete move 21. Go back and fix your board. My queen is on e5 from 19...Qe5+. You moved your King, but forgot to move my Queen.

After you get the pieces all fixed, post it, and we'll make sure we agree where everything is, and then you can post your real move 21.

Nope. Since this is an honest mistake of graphics, and not just dumbassery, let's delete move 21. Go back and fix your board. My queen is on e5 from 19...Qe5+. You moved your King, but forgot to move my Queen.

After you get the pieces all fixed, post it, and we'll make sure we agree where everything is, and then you can post your real move 21.
My bad, I was doing too many things at once. Okay, will do, but it's late, I got to get some sleep.. I'll post an updated board in the morning, er, afternoon. We're getting near end game - finish tomorrow if we can? Hope that's okay ..

My bad, I was doing too many things at once. Okay, will do, but it's late, I got to get some sleep.. I'll post an updated board in the morning, er, afternoon. We're getting near end game - finish tomorrow if we can? Hope that's okay ..
Sounds good. Put your Q back on a6 and start with move 21.

Sorry for making you play it out, but until one of us gets into guaranteed mate area, I like to keep going. I've been playing for a long, long time, but I'm not good enough to just assume anything. Every time I play a game out near the end, I learn something, even if it appears hopeless.

(Plus, I think the last few moves show my position was stronger than you gave me credit for.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT