ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite concert of 2015.

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
Didn't attend a ton this year but my highlites were the Pixies and Old Crow Medicine Show.

Incubus at River Bend in Cincinnati.

Fantastic show.... although I enjoyed the set they played in 2011 a tad bit more.

Saw a lot of good ones this year, but Beth Hart in a tiny place in Dallas wins hands down. When she is feeling it, she holds nothing back

RESPECT: Women of Rock and Roll at the Brown County Playhouse. Jenn Cristy (Cristy toured and performed in studio with Mellencamp). along with co-stars Brandi Nicole and Jamie Taylor. Great music right in my area near Bloomington.

Didn't attend a ton this year but my highlites were the Pixies and Old Crow Medicine Show.
Foo Fighters at Klipsch... Had tickets to the one at Wrigley but had the opportunity to sell those for $500 profit so I took it.
Dave Grohl is a monster and puts on a hell of a show

OCMS in FW
CRB in Chicago
Bill and friends in my livingroom

Pixies in Indy - June - Murat Egyptian Room.

Although the Chicago show a year earlier kicked its ass.

Reactions: GetFreshCrew
UM - Belly Up, Aspen CO 3/13/15

FTW - Soldier Field, 7/3/15

Phish - Tuscaloosa AL 8/2/15

If I would have caught a The Devil Makes Three show, it would have made the list.

I didn't see many shows this year - I'm getting old. The best show I did see was probably Paul McCartney in Columbus.

I saw Belle and Sebastian this past summer...I'm supposed to see Deer Hunter/Atlas Sound this week, but will probably pass. I'm thinking of going to Over the Rhine's Christmas show in Cincy, but may end up passing on that too.

So to recap.

1. Paul McCartney
2. Belle and Sebastian.
3. I'm getting old

Well, since I only saw two shows in 2015, I'd say

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings at The Bluebird
Steven Wilson at The Barrymore Theater in Madison Wisconsin

McHoop

I didn't see many shows this year - I'm getting old. The best show I did see was probably Paul McCartney in Columbus.

I saw Belle and Sebastian this past summer...I'm supposed to see Deer Hunter/Atlas Sound this week, but will probably pass. I'm thinking of going to Over the Rhine's Christmas show in Cincy, but may end up passing on that too.

So to recap.

1. Paul McCartney
2. Belle and Sebastian.
3. I'm getting old
I've always heard the OTR xmas show at the church is special. I have friends that attend every year.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Well, since I only saw two shows in 2015, I'd say

Gillian Welch and David Rawlings at The Bluebird
Steven Wilson at The Barrymore Theater in Madison Wisconsin

McHoop
I would have loved to have seen the Welch/Rawlings show.

I did forget about the Milk Carton Kids and Sarah Jarosz show at the Palladium. For anyone that's been to a show at the Palladium you may have experienced or heard that the sound can be really bad. The sound for this show was some of the best I've ever heard. They must have an incredible engineer to have pulled that off. Later in the year I was pumped to see Esperanza Spalding and the sound there was just horrible.

Incubus at a White River was second only to Phish at Northerly Island

I need to see more shows next year

I've always heard the OTR xmas show at the church is special. I have friends that attend every year.
If OTR is your cup of tea and you like Christmas music, it's a great atmosphere and a great show. If you meet those two criteria, I'd highly recommend going.

Phish - 3 nights at Dick's in CO/The Forum in LA/Shoreline in Mountain View, CA
Umphrey's McGee - SLC
Fare Thee Well/GD50 - The 2 CA shows
Karl Denson - SLC
The Decemberists - SLC

Those were my highlights, but I saw quite a few more shows than that. I missed the Cake show and that's easily my biggest miss of 2015.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT