ADVERTISEMENT

Your Daily RFRA Update

IU_Cramer

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2001
So apparently the good folks at Memories Pizza weren't savvy enough to own the .com domain http://www.memoriespizza.com Well as you can imagine the internet had a field day with it. The link goes to the internet archive from yesterday, as apparently the divisive nature of the site caused abuse reports (and I'm sure massive amounts of traffic). If you go to it today, there's still a good message to be had.

In other news, Salesforce is giving relocation packages to employees who no longer feel comfortable living in Indiana and want to move out. http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/01/news/salesforce-benioff-indiana-religious-freedom-law/index.html The scary part to me of this is hearing the CEO of Salesforce put out there what I'm thinking many of us already knew, and that is that CEOs, especially when the untie together, end up with some pretty major political clout and/or power. Labeling CEOs as a "third party" in American politics.. yikes!

Derp!

"No longer feel comfortable living in Indiana."

How incredibly soft are these people?

It's incredible how brainwashed people can become from stupid **** like this. Next people will start using the phrase "Heterosexual privilege". Everything......is an outrage. There is absolutely no way any reasonable business owner is stupid enough to turn away a customer based on religion, sexuality, etc. If they are? Well.....they should probably be made aware that the court of public opinion is far worse than the actual courts. Said business would become inundated by the raging public and probably wouldn't be in business much longer.

Is the law stupid? Probably...(personally I don't GAF) but holy smokes.................get a grip people.

This post was edited on 4/2 11:24 AM by MoyeSwatsBoozer

Translation: Finally, my chance to GTF out of here after all these years*

Indiana is a great place to work and live. Understand the sensibilities on the RFRA, which is being fixed by the way, but I am getting a little tired of the "pile on". Lots of hypocrites. Is he offering the same for employees in China, Russia, or Middle East?

He also way overpaid for Exact Target. He paid $2B for a company that had $300M in revenue and no profit. Email marketing continues to decline.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This post was edited on 4/2 11:41 AM by Pelkowski

The dummies who volunteered to a paper that they wouldn't cater a...

gay wedding (answering the question purely hypothetically, mind you) were not smart enough to own a web domain for their business?

image.png

This post was edited on 4/2 11:33 AM by HA2740

Good Work People

The global perception of Indiana is now that Indiana is full of people who hate Christians, people who hate gheys and shoddy basketball coaches.

Well done mental and emotional turds of Hoosierland.

Be proud.

You've been excluded from National Brotherhood Week.

Be Nice To People Inferior to You

i can kinda relate. I no longer feel comfortable being an Indiana

Men's basketball fan!

But yeah, this protest is just the flavor of the week. There'll be another one next week or month.

I'm OUTRAGED!

At your perception of the perception of the Hoosier State. That being said, the offendagencia (or outraginati if you will) aren't based solely in the Hoosier State. They are everywhere, and their outrage at being offended will be felt by all, all in due time.

ET does more than Email

like shortcodes and webinars/academies

plus it was definitely not declining in the 18 months I recently spent there. What is your source? The overall number of SPAM traffic may be decreasing (?) but Email Marketing is still growing, I saw it firsthand. Lists are worth money and as long as people still uses email addresses, those Lists are valuable.

Agree lists are still valuable

but use of email in general is significantly declining among teens, and 18-34 age groups. I am my own source as I am in the industry and we monitor email usage, device usage, web traffic, behavioral data, apps, texts/SMS, etc.

$2.5+B in cash for a company that had $300M in revenue with no profit is insane. Not saying there isn't value there, but the multiple probably should have been 2X top line revenue - at the most. The cloud marketing space is going to get very crowded. If they can get a competitive advantage in the social media marketing space, then it may pay off. But is that worth $2.5B?

Like I said below...

there is a lot to more to this story than will ever be reported.

There is a reason the domain was probably not paid for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT