ADVERTISEMENT

Young Big Ten Coaches

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
The Big Ten has really elevated itself the last 2-3 years with some great young hires.

PJ Fleck wins a bowl game big and has a solid recruiting class coming in.

Brohm has obviously been terrific so far. Unbelievable what he’s done.

Frost has a top 20 class coming to Nebraska.

Then you have the big boys of the conference too. IMO the Big Ten is set up to be the 2nd best conference for quite some time.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Amazing how a couple months can change storylines. In mid-October people were wondering if Fleck was a mistake at Minnesota and Nebraska looked like a train wreck.

Everyone here is incredibly frustrated IU is sitting home this December. Yet I see good things happening with this program. 2/3 of the 2018 roster still has at least 2 years of eligibility left, and the recently signed recruits look to increase the talent level and depth of the roster.

I'm not going to change anyone's opinion, but negative people aren't changing mine, either.

I honestly think Frost is going to get it rolling in Lincoln, I just think it will take a few years. Hopefully Nebraska fans are patient. (Boy this sounds familiar)

Reactions: vesuvius13
Amazing how a couple months can change storylines. In mid-October people were wondering if Fleck was a mistake at Minnesota and Nebraska looked like a train wreck.

Everyone here is incredibly frustrated IU is sitting home this December. Yet I see good things happening with this program. 2/3 of the 2018 roster still has at least 2 years of eligibility left, and the recently signed recruits look to increase the talent level and depth of the roster.

I'm not going to change anyone's opinion, but negative people aren't changing mine, either.
Like you I see good things coming for IUFB and recognize the issues this staff faced when taking over. Coach Allen is recruiting well and he is willing to make changes to get better instead of standing pat with his staff. Improved QB play will make a big difference in our offense and the young defensive players are showing they can play at the B1G level.

IMO the Big Ten is set up to be the BEST conference for quite some time.

FIFY

There are years when I'll say the sec is better but there are years when the BIG is the best. The sec has nothing top to bottom against the BIG except bama and osu recruits just as good or better IMO.

BTW the minny-tech game??? That just goes to show how weak the acc is in football. At one point this year virginia was ranked. How does that happen?

I honestly think Frost is going to get it rolling in Lincoln, I just think it will take a few years. Hopefully Nebraska fans are patient. (Boy this sounds familiar)
patient and knu in the same sentence??? Now thats funny. I don't think they will ever return to what they once were. We'll see about Frost. I don't understand the allure at Lincoln. Its surrounded by pig farms and has a rough odor. Not trying to start something but it's true. Theres alot of articles about Osborne and the use of steroids. https://archives.sportshax.com/2016...ht-room-records-the-osborne-way-and-steroids/ . They did not recruit near as well as okla, usc, bama, or any of those schools but looked like world beaters all the time.

Anyways if you think osu fans are bad? When Sal Aunese from CU died there were signs at the game that read "Sal is dead go big red" and "Wheres Sal now". F*** knu!

Nothing against you ElMeson

Reactions: ElMeson
Like you I see good things coming for IUFB and recognize the issues this staff faced when taking over. Coach Allen is recruiting well and he is willing to make changes to get better instead of standing pat with his staff. Improved QB play will make a big difference in our offense and the young defensive players are showing they can play at the B1G level.

Facilities are excellent, recruiting is much better, all IU needs is some better play calling and a break or two in big games.

patient and knu in the same sentence??? Now thats funny. I don't think they will ever return to what they once were. We'll see about Frost. I don't understand the allure at Lincoln. Its surrounded by pig farms and has a rough odor. Not trying to start something but it's true. Theres alot of articles about Osborne and the use of steroids. https://archives.sportshax.com/2016...ht-room-records-the-osborne-way-and-steroids/ . They did not recruit near as well as okla, usc, bama, or any of those schools but looked like world beaters all the time.

Anyways if you think osu fans are bad? When Sal Aunese from CU died there were signs at the game that read "Sal is dead go big red" and "Wheres Sal now". F*** knu!

Nothing against you ElMeson

Lincoln is awful as is Happy Valley and Columbus but they still bring players in.

Lincoln is awful as is Happy Valley and Columbus but they still bring players in.
I know and I don't get it...Its not a very nice place. I have employees that do work in Lincoln and they tell me its worse than the worst parts of Indy...I haven't been in awhile but when I was there I remember the odor and just being flat out in the middle of nowhere.

I know and I don't get it...Its not a very nice place. I have employees that do work in Lincoln and they tell me its worse than the worst parts of Indy...I haven't been in awhile but when I was there I remember the odor and just being flat out in the middle of nowhere.

If campuses and college towns secured recruits IU would have the #1 class in all 24 sports every year.

Sadly, not the case.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
FIFY

There are years when I'll say the sec is better but there are years when the BIG is the best. The sec has nothing top to bottom against the BIG except bama and osu recruits just as good or better IMO.

BTW the minny-tech game??? That just goes to show how weak the acc is in football. At one point this year virginia was ranked. How does that happen?
The ACC has completely fallen off a cliff. Big Ten is clearly better than them.

SEC imo is clear #1. They’ve won something like 8 national titles (from 4 different teams) over the last 10-12 years. Big Ten has 1. And I think Alabama has had the #1 overall class something like 10 of the last 12 years. OSU doesn’t recruit like that. SEC is a class of its own.

Excellent? Come on. They’re VERY improved but still towards the bottom of the Big Ten. Nothing about them says “excellent”.

Why don't you just let those that have actually been there decide...huh?

That stadium is tremendous and the training facilities are very good and getting better as we speak. No one else has the Excellence Academy concept...yet.

Everyone knows why you started this thread...you act is stale.

SEC imo is clear #1. They’ve won something like 8 national titles (from 4 different teams) over the last 10-12 years. Big Ten has 1. And I think Alabama has had the #1 overall class something like 10 of the last 12 years. OSU doesn’t recruit like that. SEC is a class of its own.

there is no true "national championship" yet, so only "mythical" champions.

only when all major conferences are represented can it really be considered a championship.

fact is, there never has been a top division true national champion.

ever!

Reactions: kmathum
If the defense takes a step or two forward, and the QB situation resolves itself in the manner I think it will, IU should be a MUCH better team in 2019.

Penix has monster talent at QB, it's up to Tom Allen to see him reach that potential. A big year out of Penix probably means a 6 win season, maybe better. Another year with Ramsey taking snaps and 5 wins will be the likely result.

If the defense takes a step or two forward, and the QB situation resolves itself in the manner I think it will, IU should be a MUCH better team in 2019.

Penix has monster talent at QB, it's up to Tom Allen to see him reach that potential. A big year out of Penix probably means a 6 win season, maybe better. Another year with Ramsey taking snaps and 5 wins will be the likely result.

did Ramsey steal your girl or something?

both the 4 stars will need to play great to unseat PR imo.

not saying they won't. just saying don't underestimate PR.

Reactions: ESalum86
did Ramsey steal your girl or something?

both the 4 stars will need to play great to unseat PR imo.

not saying they won't. just saying don't underestimate PR.
Has he taken the team to a bowl game? He touches the ball more than any other player on the team, he needs to produce!

Did you read the post...Top to bottom.

AND btw if you don't think there is bias your not very intelligent. 2015 Ohio State had 1 loss, didn't make the playoffs, and had 5 first round draft picks compared to bama who only had one. bama would have gotten their clock cleaned that year by osu!

how-to-stop-tracks-repeating-on-iphone-main_thumb800.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT