ADVERTISEMENT

You no longer need intent to be a racist.

There is so much written material I can't keep up if it was my job. In MArch 2.5 million weapons were sold. Reporting is all anecdotes, but the Feds keep all the data on background data. Millions and millions have been owned for years and then something frightening happens and people long unfamiliar with firearms get scared and go buy them. I'm gonna look for some demographics on weapons purchases. Anecdotally, gun owners I know may trade, swap and purchase, but they've had their guns for years.
Thanks Ladoga. See my links in the post right above yours . . . not your favorite media outlet, but looks like solid data to back up what you're saying here.

Reactions: Ladoga
I found this from a friends Facebook post. https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/l...ez0cSg1TkVacHla5dKxSR8XHGJnZXPLsnhRkIzatw5K60 No reasoning with the mob. St Louis needs a new name and removal of the racist king statue. I have know trouble taking down Confederate statues on public land but King St. Louis?
The cops had to come because the BLM protestors beat the living shit out of a group praying. Stl has huge problems. From a man who has seen it all in stl.

Last edited:
The cops had to come because the BLM protestors beat the living shit out of a group praying. Stl has huge problems.
I could not find a clip with the violence so I left it out but that is what was claimed. If BLM become infiltrated with violent members and fail to control them the issue will explode. The story is that they we praying the rosery and got attacked and had the crap beaten out of them.

I could not find a clip with the violence so I left it out but that is what was claimed. If BLM become infiltrated with violent members and fail to control them the issue will explode. The story is that they we praying the rosery and got attacked and had the crap beaten out of them.
yep that's what i saw on the local news here. it's a shame because that kind of stuff will sully the greater message.

yep that's what i saw on the local news here. it's a shame because that kind of stuff will sully the greater message.
If you saw it that's all I need. I was searching KMOX and found nothing. I am fearful of pictures that are on Facebook way to much manipulation on that platform.

If you saw it that's all I need. I was searching KMOX and found nothing. I am fearful of pictures that are on Facebook way to much manipulation on that platform.
like all things, just a small percentage of bad actors that steal the show. i'm somewhat surprised that the anti defamation league here hasn't been more vocal about pulling down the statue. they're a relatively active chapter.

Last edited:
I have a friend in Florida, named my son after him and he is recommending his friends of color arm themselves. People buying large numbers of weapons in USA doesn't really need to be backed up with sales figures in a link. The statement is an accepted fact.
Let’s wait and see how that works out if peaceful protestors of color, or actually anyone of color has an open carry weapon on them. The rules aren’t always the same, sadly. We’ve seen disasters happen that way.

How about the other way around?

Trump recently with an executive order ended the college degree requirement in many federal jobs if the applicant had sufficient experience. I think we can agree that requiring college degrees for jobs is one way systemic racism happens. Black men are especially affected since they are the demographic among those least likely to have a college degree. Should Trump get credit for striking a blow to end systemic racism even if that was not his intent with this EO? (That could have been is intent for all I know.)
I’m sure that was the intent from Mr White Power.

That garbage happened in Seattle because the mayor was too delusional because of her liberalism/progressiveness to see what was really going to happen. She called it the summer of love. Well, a black man died with a total of four people being shot. People lost their belongings because there was rampant theft. It was a terrible situation. Did she call Trump to come in? Did the governor of Washington call Trump to come in? Did they ask for any help? My view is the Federal Government has no role there unless asked. There are states rights. This terrible event happened because of progressive thought becoming reality.

I do think that Trump stood before that church due to optics. But it was a good optic. Symbolism does have its value at times as long as there is substance behind it. He was projecting hope and strength. I believe this is why he did it.
I disagree. It was horrible optics. It screamed "poser".

Because Trump needs Chaz/Chop to run against in the fall.
LoL Nope it is because nobody asked for help. After that black man died what did the Mayor do? She put a stop to it. It's what she should have done in the first place. That death is partially her responsibility. My view is the Feds don't have jurisdiction on a states rights matter. This is about the Law and not politics. None of what happened in Chaz/Chop is because of Conservative Policies. It is progressive and marxist that are to blame.

Well, what do you suggest? Letting Nazis have their way? There needs to be a time where their nonsense stops.

Here is a work by Andrew Sullivan that explains this position of many who want revolution. The dangerous future for me is the only thing that will matter to the mob. I am a old white guy. https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/06/andrew-sullivan-you-say-you-want-a-revolution.html I am not opposed to reform or the removal of Confederate symbols but I am concerned about the mob. Sullivan lays out a very good case with historical examples.

You must not have heard about a thing called the US Constitution. Read up and then come back and comment.

If Trump was totalitarian then why didn't he go into Seattle and blast Chaz/Chop to the stone age?

Let’s wait and see how that works out if peaceful protestors of color, or actually anyone of color has an open carry weapon on them. The rules aren’t always the same, sadly. We’ve seen disasters happen that way.
Gun control laws didn't really become a thing until Stokley Carmichael and the Black Panthers started arming themselves.

Reactions: brianiu
There are plenty of examples in or latest race explosion of bad actor on both extremes. Roving bands of extremists beating the crap out of innocents. You make no mention of the recent themes in scholarship that you only have to be white to be guilty because for years you only had to be black to be guilty. Plus your snarky religious opening opens the door that you are ok with indiscriminate violence on innocents.
Nah. You’re oblivious to the the underlying truth here and so missed my point.

You’re afraid of being violated. Problem is, you can’t be violated by someone who doesn’t exist. For most of American history Blacks haven’t existed legally. They only existed if someone decided to lynch them.

Systemic racism against Blacks has never NOT existed in our history. If you refuse to grant Blacks a fair playing field, they have no playing field. In other words, they have nothing to lose. By YOUR fiat. 400 years.

I say you better pray because until YOU open your eyes, you’re blind to how YOU are fostering the violence YOU fear.

Put simply, imagine you and all your kind living 24/7 with the fear and outrage you express in your OP for 400 years. You have just envisioned yourself as Black.

You’re afraid of being violated. Problem is, you can’t be violated by someone who doesn’t exist. For most of American history Blacks haven’t existed legally. They only existed if someone decided to lynch them.

Systemic racism against Blacks has never NOT existed in our history. If you refuse to grant Blacks a fair playing field, they have no playing field. In other words, they have nothing to lose. By YOUR fiat. 400 years.

I say you better pray because until YOU open your eyes, you’re blind to how YOU are fostering the violence YOU fear.

Put simply, imagine you and all your kind living 24/7 with the fear and outrage you express in your OP for 400 years. You have just envisioned yourself as Black.
You make assumptions about me which are untrue. You will never agree that I understand. My eyes have been open for 50 years to all you say and I don't disagree but none of that or anything I say makes any difference to you.

I do think that Trump stood before that church due to optics. But it was a good optic. Symbolism does have its value at times as long as there is substance behind it. He was projecting hope and strength. I believe this is why he did it.

“Substance behind it”?????? So you think there is substance in Trump holding up a book in which he is unfamiliar in front of a church he never attends? If there was any symbolism it was that he is a hypocritical a-hole.
You can’t take anything Trump says at face value. He said he did not go to NJ to golf this weekend so he could stay in DC and fight for law and order. Predictably he decided to fight for law and order at his Virginia golf course on BOTH Saturday and Sunday. There were, however, no sightings of the presidential limo in front of a church on Sunday. The gullibility of the cult is unreal.

I’m sure you believe that

This is pretty lame virtue signaling, quite gross actually. You don’t know RZ at all, and this white knighting you’re doing makes you look like a woke asshole and will countermand any gains you hope to make here.

You make assumptions about me which are untrue. You will never agree that I understand. My eyes have been open for 50 years to all you say and I don't disagree but none of that or anything I say makes any difference to you.
I know that you think you’re cool but in this thread you prove the opposite. How about responding to the substance of the post instead of getting defensive? You were the one attacking someone for no substance.

I know you’ve stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Blacks. How about sharing when you first realized that guy having your back was born into 300+ years of systemic racism and how torturous that must be?

How about sharing how racially tinted vandalism caused you to think you need to do more?

I’m all ears.

This is pretty lame virtue signaling, quite gross actually. You don’t know RZ at all, and this white knighting you’re doing makes you look like a woke asshole and will countermand any gains you hope to make here.
Attack the messenger. Add noise. Distract from any signal.

Trump’s proud of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT