ADVERTISEMENT

You guys up north...

mattndallas

All-American
Oct 11, 2005
Bloomington, IN
Like the Bucket game getting pushed back to Thanksgiving weekend? I dig the holiday weekend finale. Always felt jealous of the rivalry games that weekend when the B10 would wrap things up early.

Like the Bucket game getting pushed back to Thanksgiving weekend? I dig the holiday weekend finale. Always felt jealous of the rivalry games that weekend when the B10 would wrap things up early.

Thanksgiving weekend games have zero effect on "football schools." Their fans show up during any holidays and twice on Sunday.

The calendar only affects schools that struggle in football. Fans will consider other choices. To a Michigan, OSU, Florida fan, they actually rearrange holiday calendars to make the game.

I would be very surprised if there are more than 30K next weekend. All the students are on break and alums aren't going to break travel plans to go to a football game if your team is 2-9. I doubt many Cream and Crimson make it up there either, even with post-season play on the line.

Thanksgiving weekend games have zero effect on "football schools." Their fans show up during any holidays and twice on Sunday.

The calendar only affects schools that struggle in football. Fans will consider other choices. To a Michigan, OSU, Florida fan, they actually rearrange holiday calendars to make the game.

I would be very surprised if there are more than 30K next weekend. All the students are on break and alums aren't going to break travel plans to go to a football game if your team is 2-9. I doubt many Cream and Crimson make it up there either, even with post-season play on the line.

Sounds like an opportunity...for me. :D

Don't worry, I would never jinx the team with my mojo. Last win I attended was @ Western Michigan. :D Hoosiers are 0-7 w me in attendence since then.

There will be a decent IU crowd there. 50-50 in the first half and hopefully 80-20 in the second.

Did you wanna call us "Yankees"...? I'll betcha at least thought about it. ;)

I will be attending in a split group of 10-15. Rarely miss it in WL. Hoping for some good weather and IU win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT