ADVERTISEMENT

You guys got screwed...

KSU, UT, & WVU all had multiple weeks open prior to playing us. You beat teams with a .380 winning %. That is not murder’s row by any stretch. Losing your QB certainly didn’t help.
We beat a top25 team (Wisconsin) on the road with our backup QB & they had a week off to heal up & prepare

KSU, UT, & WVU all had multiple weeks open prior to playing us. You beat teams with a .380 winning %. That is not murder’s row by any stretch. Losing your QB certainly didn’t help.
If you want to usant to use win percentage as the only measure of sos, that's not a very accurate way to judge the schedule.

The BIG as a whole is going finish exactly .500. IU and OSU finished a combined 12-1. How the hell is IU expected to beat a team with a winning record.

Reactions: brianiu and 76-1
One game and the records of the teams you beat are sh#t. Beat Iowa and NW then get back to me. At least they had winning records.
We played the teams that were scheduled. Did you know the Big Ten made the schedule - not us.

3 losses. One to someplace named Louisiana Lafayette? WTH is that?

Reactions: 76-1
We played the teams that were scheduled. Did you know the Big Ten made the schedule - not us.

3 losses. One to someplace named Louisiana Lafayette? WTH is that?

PSU lost four in a row after we beat them, then won their last four. They were better than their record indicates. We sent them into a funk with that crazy comeback and it took some time for them to recover.

We beat one and you beat zero. We played 4 Top 25 CFP teams and went 2-2. I believe you guys went 0-1

Do you have an issue with counting?

Penn State was ranked when we beat them, Wisconsin was ranked when we beat them, and Michigan was ranked when we beat them.

Of course they will drop in the rankings after we beat them. Unless you are Florida or Iowa State, that is what losing usually does to teams.

The problem for the big ten was we didn't get to play nonconference games. Most teams would have had 3 more wins on their record with those gimme wins against teams like LA-Lafayette (oh wait, not a gimme win for a mediocre team like Iowa State).

Last edited:
Do you have reading comprehension issues in addition to your counting issues?

Penn State, Michigan and Wisconsin. That is 3 top 25 wins. Dropping in rankings after losing doesn't change the facts.
Obviously they aren’t as they don’t appear anywhere on the final rankings because they turned out to be weak teams.

Obviously they aren’t as they don’t appear anywhere on the final rankings because they turned out to be weak teams.

It doesn't matter where they are ranked now. Still get credit when they were ranked when we beat them.

If we played Northwestern, then they wouldn't be ranked now either.

We lost to Ohio St by 7, that is just good as any of your close MULTIPLE losses.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter where they are ranked now. Still get credit when they were ranked when we beat them

I'll admit bias, but imo the opposite of this is true. Where they are ranked after more data has been collected is a more accurate depiction of how good they are than where they are ranked at the time you play them

I'll admit bias, but imo the opposite of this is true. Where they are ranked after more data has been collected is a more accurate depiction of how good they are than where they are ranked at the time you play them

Part of their drop in rankings was due to losing to IU. Someone has to lose and we can only play who is on our schedule.

Maybe Ohio State should drop in rankings. They only beat us by 7.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
?????

The games don’t count as “data”? Wtf are you taking about?

You guys got a huge gift. Just admit it and move on.

ha Wait, so they finished with the same # of losses as ISU and you say WI isn't very good? Interesting....ha

He is conveniently ignoring the benefit of playing more games.

Big Ten was more susceptible to losses dropping them in the rankings this year because of the lack of games played. If teams in the Big Ten had 3 more wins from nonconference, then losses wouldn't be as effective in dropping us from the rankings. We might have had teams with 3 LOSSES still be in the top 25.

When the cumulative win % of the teams you beat comes in at .380, your schedule strength takes a hit. Add it to the fact that you only played 7 games, and you most likely won’t get the benefit of the doubt. Blame the B10 for this mess not the committee. Since ISU played everyone in their P5 conference and finished 8-1 at the top and played in the CCG, they are more than deserving of a NY6 bowl this year.
You had 3 losses not 1 as you keep posting and you’re playing in a NY6 game,no one outside of Ames thinks that should be.

Last edited:
When the cumulative win % of the teams you beat comes in at .380, your schedule strength takes a hit. Add it to the fact that you only played 7 games, and you most likely won’t get the benefit of the doubt. Blame the B10 for this mess not the committee. Since ISU played everyone in their P5 conference and finished 8-1 at the top and played in the CCG, they are more than deserving of a NY6 bowl this year.

IU would beat the brakes off ISU...like a borrowed mule...like you owed us money. You would be lucky to finish 2-2 against MSU, UM, UW, and PSU...I don't give a rat's ass what their records are. These programs are perennial powers with former high school All Americans up and down the roster and we broke them, each and every one of them. Your team doesn't deserve to be where it is and ours does, regardless of whatever mental gymnastics you perform to try and convince us or yourself otherwise.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter where they are ranked now. Still get credit when they were ranked when we beat them.

If we played Northwestern, then they wouldn't be ranked now either.

We lost to Ohio St by 7, that is just good as any of your close MULTIPLE losses.
Going by your standards. ISU played 9 ranked teams. Anyway you slice it ISU is more deserving and was recognized as such. Good luck in your bowl game and I hope you beat the SEC team you play.

Going by your standards. ISU played 9 ranked teams. Anyway you slice it ISU is more deserving and was recognized as such. Good luck in your bowl game and I hope you beat the SEC team you play.
You guys played Texas Tech, who was 1-2 when you played them and finished 4-6. You also played 0-9 Kansas and 2-7 Baylor, who was 1-3 when you played them.

According to you, one of these teams were ranked when the game with your team was played.

Which one?

You guys played Texas Tech, who was 1-2 when you played them and finished 4-6. You also played 0-9 Kansas and 2-7 Baylor, who was 1-3 when you played them.

According to you, one of these teams were ranked when the game with your team was played.

Which one?
My apologies as I included Oregon as #9

Reactions: vesuvius13

You're right. That pasting you guys gave LA-Lafayette was very impressive.

You obviously came to this forum because deep down you know IU got screwed and one of the teams who benefited was ISU. You wanted to see what we thought of it. Why else would you be on a forum for a team which you have no other connection?

This clown is either the billionth incarnation of a well known troll or he's just as nuts... Personally, I don't plan to waste anymore time reading his foolish drivel...

As far as his supposed team goes: I'm rooting for an Oregon run away blow out and I don't particularly care much for Oregon... Iowa State shouldn't be ranked in the top 15 much less be considered for a New Years Day slot...

Reactions: vesuvius13
This clown is either the billionth incarnation of a well known troll or he's just as nuts... Personally, I don't plan to waste anymore time reading his foolish drivel...

As far as his supposed team goes: I'm rooting for an Oregon run away blow out and I don't particularly care much for Oregon... Iowa State shouldn't be ranked in the top 15 much less be considered for a New Years Day slot...

Navy's coach ranked Iowa State #24 in his coaches poll. So you're giving that crap of a program ISU too much credit.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Nebraska in the Big 12 was a powerhouse. Thats all you need to know about how bad the Big 12 is. In the B1G, they made IU a powerhouse.

Last edited:
One game and the records of the teams you beat are sh#t. Beat Iowa and NW then get back to me. At least they had winning records.

Penn State was undefeated and ranked #6. We won.
Michigan was top 25. We won.
Wisconsin was #16. We won.
And we would have beaten Iowa and Northwestern if they were on our schedule.

And I promise you we wouldn't have lost to Louisiana.

Penn State was undefeated and ranked #6. We won.
Michigan was top 25. We won.
Wisconsin was #16. We won.
And we would have beaten Iowa and Northwestern if they were on our schedule.

And I promise you we wouldn't have lost to Louisiana.

And here's what the Coaches actually think of INDIANA versus Iowa State:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT