ADVERTISEMENT

You gotta FIGHT for your RIGHT to FOOTBALL.

Nov 26, 2007
Some lame B1G presidents were manipulated and scared by Darth Warren into forfeiting not just their own schools, but the entire conferences right to football. As a result many young men who have worked very hard preparing for football are denied their dream of playing big time football and showcasing their skills to the next level. Also many local bars and restaurants throughout the B1G that cater to football crowds are facing hard times.

Lets us stand up as fans and help our players fight for their right to FOOTBALL. The evil Darth Warren, who had no problem letting his own son play football in the backward SEC, declared that B1G football players could not play because of the uncertaintity due to the corona virus. This was done despite B1G schools having the best corona virus testing and protocals in the nation.

The danger of death to college athletes by corona virus is close to zero. Heres a quote from acsh.org: "As shown, deaths in young people (from babies to college students) are almost non-existent. The first age group to provide a substantial contribution to the death toll is 45-54 years, who contribute nearly 5% of all coronavirus deaths. More than 80% of deaths occur in people aged 65 and over. That increases to over 92% if the 55-64 age group is included." One also needs to realise that of the 170, 000 corona deaths only 6 percent had only the corona virus. The average covid 19 death had 2.9 other serious conditions. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm . Reviewing some of this data should convince a person that the danger of death to a person by covid 19 in his/her 20s is almost zero and much less than those killed in car accidents.

B1G fans cannot let this great hypocrisy stand! We as fans must do everything in our power to stop Darth Warren and put pressure on the B1G presidents and ADs to restore B1G college football in the fall. We need to keep up the pressure by emailing the B1G office. Also those who are close to Chicago could go to the office and protest the cancellation of football. We must keep up the fight, or the idiots will not admit their mistake.

Some lame B1G presidents were manipulated and scared by Darth Warren into forfeiting not just their own schools, but the entire conferences right to football. As a result many young men who have worked very hard preparing for football are denied their dream of playing big time football and showcasing their skills to the next level. Also many local bars and restaurants throughout the B1G that cater to football crowds are facing hard times.

Lets us stand up as fans and help our players fight for their right to FOOTBALL. The evil Darth Warren, who had no problem letting his own son play football in the backward SEC, declared that B1G football players could not play because of the uncertaintity due to the corona virus. This was done despite B1G schools having the best corona virus testing and protocals in the nation.

The danger of death to college athletes by corona virus is close to zero. Heres a quote from acsh.org: "As shown, deaths in young people (from babies to college students) are almost non-existent. The first age group to provide a substantial contribution to the death toll is 45-54 years, who contribute nearly 5% of all coronavirus deaths. More than 80% of deaths occur in people aged 65 and over. That increases to over 92% if the 55-64 age group is included." One also needs to realise that of the 170, 000 corona deaths only 6 percent had only the corona virus. The average covid 19 death had 2.9 other serious conditions. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm . Reviewing some of this data should convince a person that the danger of death to a person by covid 19 in his/her 20s is almost zero and much less than those killed in car accidents.

B1G fans cannot let this great hypocrisy stand! We as fans must do everything in our power to stop Darth Warren and put pressure on the B1G presidents and ADs to restore B1G college football in the fall. We need to keep up the pressure by emailing the B1G office. Also those who are close to Chicago could go to the office and protest the cancellation of football. We must keep up the fight, or the idiots will not admit their mistake.
Good lord. :rolleyes:

Will someone please show this guy the route to I-70W.

Oh, and 38-31 . . . in Lincoln! :)

That's just what Chicago needs..., another group of morons protesting...

Might accidentally be the solution to their problems though...

I'd love watching Antifa get a beat down from a bunch of crazed, irate, Big Ten football fans whose issue is clearly heads above all the other stuff going on out there...((DWS))

No one would have a clue as to why they were fighting but I'd lay good odds on the Big Ten fans...;)

:confused:-Get a grip dude-:rolleyes:

Speaking of idiots...

Reactions: 76-1 and muubell

Darth Warren has zero say in this.

try contacting your school president, or better yet, your state governor.

the governors appoint a majority of all the big public universities' boards, so the real deciders on things of the magnitude of games or no games, or classes or no classes, reside in the governors' mansions.

funny how the governors themselves never get brought up on such things, when they appoint all the big public schools' boards' majority.

Reactions: vesuvius13
There are many weak minded presidents, like IUs, who would not stand up to warren.
Or maybe they agree with him. It's really easy for you and I to take the position that schools ought to play. We have no liability - absolutely zero risk if things don't go well and outbreaks happen. After all, we just want what we've always been able to have for our own purely selfish reasons.

There's a big difference between the risk someone chooses for himself and the risk someone else expects him to take. If I decide to work on the roof of my house without a safety harness, it's my own damn fault if I fall and get hurt. If I own the roofing company, and I send other people up there without the harness, I have to live with both the guilt and the liability of knowing I contributed to their harm. Even if they made the decision on their own, my tacit approval amounts to encouragement. I bear responsibility for permitting what I knew to be unsafe. And yes, there's risk in everything. But there's a difference between necessary and calculated risk, and unnecessary unknown risk.

The fact that you view watching college football as a "right" tells me that your opinion on the subject deserves no consideration.

I think folks have a right to ask questions, especially since Warren’s own son is set to play at Mississippi State. Warren is telling B1G kids (some with NFL aspirations) that he believes it’s too risky for them to play football this fall but perfectly safe for his own son to continue his career.

I assume his kid is playing and Warren didn't unilaterally sideline him...as he did all these kids whose development, careers (pro or otherwise) depend on him making good decisions.

Warren isn't responsible for the safety of players in other conferences. Maybe he sees his son as an adult and able to make his own decisions should Mississippi State end up playing.

If Miss St plays, do players get a choice to sit out and remain on the team or would they lose their scholarship and be out the door? His son may not have much of a choice if he wants to continue being on the team.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Do people really think that the players have a higher risk playing the season in a bubble than they do just plain old being in college with the rest of the students? If this is the case then why are they letting them continue to practice together? Early on when Clemson announce a slew of positive Covid tests, how many died or got seriously ill? Oh well, it's pointless to argue about it I guess but I'm not at all convinced that the players are any safer not playing. I read the other day that some guy in the NFL suffered a lacerated kidney.........Did the entire NFL stop? I mean, kidneys are kinda important aren't they? Football must be dangerous to your health.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
Do people really think that the players have a higher risk playing the season in a bubble than they do just plain old being in college with the rest of the students? If this is the case then why are they letting them continue to practice together? Early on when Clemson announce a slew of positive Covid tests, how many died or got seriously ill? Oh well, it's pointless to argue about it I guess but I'm not at all convinced that the players are any safer not playing. I read the other day that some guy in the NFL suffered a lacerated kidney.........Did the entire NFL stop? I mean, kidneys are kinda important aren't they? Football must be dangerous to your health.
The NBA is playing in a bubble. The NHL is in a bubble. College football won't be in a bubble. That's a big part of the problem.

Lacerated kidney? That's not contagious. Neither are orthopedic and head injuries.

Reactions: JWilk1234
If you want to be mad at people for the lack of football season, then be mad at the people that refuse to wear masks, the people that hold large parties, etc. If this thing was under control, then we would be playing football.

If you want to be mad at people for the lack of football season, then be mad at the people that refuse to wear masks, the people that hold large parties, etc. If this thing was under control, then we would be playing football.
This virus won't be under control until it burns through the population no matter what we do. Can we slow the spread, yes but it just delays the day the virus becomes almost nonexistent. I know people don't want to hear this but Sweden didn't do mask or social distancing and their curve of cases and deaths mirror countries, in Europe, that took every measure they could.

Reactions: red hornet
This virus won't be under control until it burns through the population no matter what we do. Can we slow the spread, yes but it just delays the day the virus becomes almost nonexistent. I know people don't want to hear this but Sweden didn't do mask or social distancing and their curve of cases and deaths mirror countries, in Europe, that took every measure they could.

Not attempting to be particularly argumentative but this article (if I'm interpreting it correctly) basically says the swedes don't necessarily have it right... Now you have to read the entire article to reach that conclusion (and its short novel length so stick with it)... It has several Scandinavian MD's as references/signatories...

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/5472100002?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=AMPfeed&utm_content=opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: red hornet
you mean to a campus where there are no infections?

what campus is that?
Exactly, my only problem with presidents cancelling football is the outrageous hypocrisy of the same presidents allowing tens of thousands of students back on campuses for school. They know what that would do to schools financially so they are willing to take that risk, at least until tuitions are paid. Kids are going to spread this on campus, and yes, SOME spread will be due to irresponsible behavior. Other spread will not, masks are not an end all be all solution, they help, but do not stop the spread. I just dropped my daughter off at SMU for her freshman year, social distancing in dorm settings is simply not possible at all times. Dorm rooms and hallways are tight , and more importantly, not well ventilated. Fortunately, most kids will not get sick or have long term health issues as a result of this virus, unfortunately, a very small number may have long term issues. Apparently that IS a risk university presidents are willing to take.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/amish-covid-update.200549/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT