ADVERTISEMENT

You’re a bunch of dopes and babies

Trump’s continuing way of honoring the troops and being the most pro military president, EVER!
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...dopes-and-babies-in-a-fit-of-rage-book-claims
This is getting a lot of play. A number of people are now saying they heard about it at the time. No one in a position to know has denied it.

One senior official summed up the meeting: “We needed to change how he thinks about this, to course correct... They were dismayed and in shock when not only did it not have the intended effect, but he dug in his heels and pushed it even further on the spectrum, further solidifying his views.”
Trump knows when he's being talked down to. But it's hard to avoid doing that when you need to discuss things with him with any depth. The result is that he pops a vein and digs in deeper. It's truly frightening to contemplate what he might do in a fit of pique.

Trump’s continuing way of honoring the troops and being the most pro military president, EVER!
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...dopes-and-babies-in-a-fit-of-rage-book-claims

A significant percentage of the American population believes that this kind of stuff doesn't matter, because Trump was was chosen by Jesus. Another significant percentage doesn't care because white people, the stock market, and guns.

As stupid and childish Trump is, he's probably about what a country this dumb deserves.

A significant percentage of the American population believes that this kind of stuff doesn't matter, because Trump was was chosen by Jesus. Another significant percentage doesn't care because white people, the stock market, and guns.

As stupid and childish Trump is, he's probably about what a country this dumb deserves.

A significant number of Americans don't understand why we spend so much money on wars we never win.

In their minds those who were in charge are in Trump's words, "Losers". I say were in charge as Tillerson, Mattis, and Dunford are no longer advising our president.

They see those meetings currently being reported as set up by The Losers to brainwash our president as a waste of his time.

Last edited:
Reactions: i'vegotwinners
This is getting a lot of play. A number of people are now saying they heard about it at the time. No one in a position to know has denied it.

One senior official summed up the meeting: “We needed to change how he thinks about this, to course correct... They were dismayed and in shock when not only did it not have the intended effect, but he dug in his heels and pushed it even further on the spectrum, further solidifying his views.”
Trump knows when he's being talked down to. But it's hard to avoid doing that when you need to discuss things with him with any depth. The result is that he pops a vein and digs in deeper. It's truly frightening to contemplate what he might do in a fit of pique.
I heard about it.

I heard about it.
It sounds like this was common knowledge among those "in the loop". I wonder what other truly frightening episodes are out there that are being kept under wraps? At some point a duty to inform has to kick in, organizational chart or chain of command be damned.

It sounds like this was common knowledge among those "in the loop". I wonder what other truly frightening episodes are out there that are being kept under wraps? At some point a duty to inform has to kick in, organizational chart or chain of command be damned.
What should they say? It boils down to him being an intentionally uninformed, stubborn, disrespectful, raging dickhead. Didn’t we already know that about him? He’s our duly elected President and the military’s Commander in Chief. What are the options?

Reactions: MrBing
What should they say? It boils down to him being an intentionally uninformed, stubborn, disrespectful, raging dickhead. Didn’t we already know that about him? He’s our duly elected President and the military’s Commander in Chief. What are the options?
I don't know. I would have to leave that to the participants l guess. Reporting says it was the civilian Secretary of State who finally pushed back, while the military types took their humiliation like good soldiers.

When they retire they should inform the electorate about his idiocy and complete lack of qualifications to lead the military.

It is important that the broader public know that people like yourself understand Trump continues to act in ways that are antithetical to our national security. Many people who admire you and people with experience like yours will assume nothing bad is happening if you are silent or downplay it.

I don't know. I would have to leave that to the participants l guess. Reporting says it was the civilian Secretary of State who finally pushed back, while the military types took their humiliation like good soldiers.
Yes, Tillerson spoke up in the tank and the situation room. I don’t think he was doing great things at State, but I’ve had respect for him because of these incidents.

Uncle Mark, Ranger, and Aloha how should a candidate frame his remarks in opposing Trump in respect to the issues brought up by the military leaders in the tank?

After all, as I remarked earlier, there are many Americans who stand behind Trump.

Uncle Mark, Ranger, and Aloha how should a candidate frame his remarks in opposing Trump in respect to the issues brought up by the military leaders in the tank?
"I do not think our commanders are losers."
"I do not know more about ISIS than the generals."
"Mattis and Dunford are not dopes and babies."

Someone told me that those with 3 stars and up should be able to speak up in these situations. Is that accurate?

Related, this shows the conflict in having a military man like Mattis is a typically civilian role. A civilian in that role should not be a yes man simply following rank.

Reactions: UncleMark
Someone told me that those with 3 stars and up should be able to speak up in these situations. Is that accurate?

Related, this shows the conflict in having a military man like Mattis is a typically civilian role. A civilian in that role should not be a yes man simply following rank.
Mattis wasn't a "yes man." We lost an excellent SecDef, for any President, when he resigned.

we have been in a constant state of very very questionable wars for going on 20 yrs because the elimination of the draft has made that politically feasible, and because since the 1950s and Nam the fact that prezes and the govt have literally lied their asses off to the American people to take us to war, and lied their asses off more to keep us at war, is considered totally acceptable behavior from our highest elected leaders, regardless of how many sons, and daughters, and civilians, are killed and maimed.

meanwhile the "complex" Ike warned us about, has made a fortune probably big enough to fund free collage for everyone for decades, other crazy too expensive lib programs, with some left over for infrastructure building.

endless wars initiated and perpetuated though lies, lies, and more lies, from prezes and elected leaders schools get named after, and God only knows how much in buying off politicians by the complex, seems to be the one thing our military brain trust, the complex, and elected leaders, have really mastered to the point of having it down to a science..

we may not know how to best manage or end wars anymore, but we have definitely mastered getting in them without any sufficient cause by out and out lying to the citizenry, and perpetuate them for a period of decades that's still counting, through more out and out lying..

how Trump stacks up against other commander in chiefs for the last 70 yrs is still an unknown, but it's a bar so low it's resting on the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUPaterade724
Mattis wasn't a "yes man." We lost an excellent SecDef, for any President, when he resigned.

I did not write that clearly. I was not referring to Mattis as a yes man. As you described, the generals in the Tank on that day all ate a pile of shit because Trump is the CiC. Their world is rank.

My question is, is it in the best interest of the country that the SecDef feel compelled to follow rank? I would submit that Mattis’s continued silence is part and parcel to that tension.

Notice that most of Trump team isn’t here to defend. They accept it because they like his policies (and are selfish individuals)... Sigh

And climate change:

Reactions: Bill4411
I did not write that clearly. I was not referring to Mattis as a yes man. As you described, the generals in the Tank on that day all ate a pile of shit because Trump is the CiC. Their world is rank.

My question is, is it in the best interest of the country that the SecDef feel compelled to follow rank? I would submit that Mattis’s continued silence is part and parcel to that tension.

IIRC, part of the reason Mattis resigned is because of disagreement about our Syrian withdrawal. I take the Afghanistan Papers seriously. If the military is lying to us and the CIC about these wars, I’m pissed. The generals should be called out.

In his worldview, environmental disasters are just welcome opportunities to commit insurance fraud. Ethics are for chumps. Laws are for people too poor or weak to beat the rap. This the ethos that "America First" is built on.

Forty percent of Americans have no problem with that... or at least not enough of a problem for it to outweigh their Lust for God, guns, and golf.

IIRC, part of the reason Mattis resigned is because of disagreement about our Syrian withdrawal. I take the Afghanistan Papers seriously. If the military is lying to us and the CIC about these wars, I’m pissed. The generals should be called out.

That’s fine. But the CiC calling our military men and women “losers” is completely unacceptable. Full stop. Losers dodge the draft. Men and women who suffered and died for this country are not losers and they don’t fight loser wars. The CiC has an obligation to the job to be prepared, knowledgeable and respectful. Trump is none of those.

That’s fine. But the CiC calling our military men and women “losers” is completely unacceptable. Full stop. Losers dodge the draft. Men and women who suffered and died for this country are not losers and they don’t fight loser wars. The CiC has an obligation to the job to be prepared, knowledgeable and respectful. Trump is none of those.

What does “full stop” even mean? Is that an internet thing for “!” ?

And don’t get you undies in a bundle. I didn’t and won’t defend Trump’s choice of words.

What does “full stop” even mean? Is that an internet thing for “!” ?

And don’t get you undies in a bundle. I didn’t and won’t defend Trump’s choice of words.

Ha. That’s all you do. Defend the indefensible. Almost always in bad faith and riddled with bullshit.

Reactions: Bill4411
Ha. That’s all you do. Defend the indefensible. Almost always in bad faith and riddled with bullshit.

Ha my ass. You incessantly post about people and seldom with a compliment. We don’t need a lecture from you about bad faith.

Seawalls are ugly..but border walls are beautiful apparently.
694940094001_5978234579001_5978234351001-vs.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT