ADVERTISEMENT

Yo local douchebag alcoholics gotta question for you.

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
My daughters Bat Mitzvah is next weekend and I was thinking of stocking the bar with some locally distilled bottles from Indiana. Are there any worth serving or am I better off with the bigger names? I like supporting and touting local brands but not at the expense of giving someone a shit drink. Please give me Distillery names and what to buy. I’m a beer and wine guy so I know very little about the hard stuff.

TIA

A Mazel Tov would be nice from you schmucks too.

I’ve had William Henry Harrison bourbon and also Bear Wallow bourbon. Both are made in Indiana!

I’ve had William Henry Harrison bourbon and also Bear Wallow bourbon. Both are made in Indiana!
I used to be a confirmed bourbon drinker, and although my tastes changed as I aged there is still a soft spot in my heart for bourbon. Any comments about the taste, etc. of each? Were they comparable to any particular Kentucky bourbons?

I used to be a confirmed bourbon drinker, and although my tastes changed as I aged there is still a soft spot in my heart for bourbon. Any comments about the taste, etc. of each? Were they comparable to any particular Kentucky bourbons?

I don’t know much about bourbon. That’s why I kept my comments brief. All I remember is the Bear Wallow packed a wallop. Think it was 100 proof!

Reactions: IUXC68
My daughters Bat Mitzvah is next weekend and I was thinking of stocking the bar with some locally distilled bottles from Indiana. Are there any worth serving or am I better off with the bigger names? I like supporting and touting local brands but not at the expense of giving someone a shit drink. Please give me Distillery names and what to buy. I’m a beer and wine guy so I know very little about the hard stuff.

TIA

Do you care if it's bottled in Indiana, or just produced there? MGP makes an excellent rye that is bottled all over the country, and sold under names like Bulleit, Dickel and Templeton. I believe the Bulleit is even bottled in the Hoosier state.

Reactions: IU40IU
Do you care if it's bottled in Indiana, or just produced there? MGP makes an excellent rye that is bottled all over the country, and sold under names like Bulleit, Dickel and Templeton. I believe the Bulleit is even bottled in the Hoosier state.
Lawrenceburg, IN I believe

Is it easy enough to find in Indy?

TIA

Anything in a 2 piece?

Mazel Tov.

Found a bottle of the William Henry Harrison. Also grabbed a bottle of the Hotel Tango Bourbon. No idea if it’s any good, but saw it at Costco.

Joe Morgan's Black Diamond Distillery, a small batch distiller in Morgantown (Brown County) makes a rye that I really, really like. It has tons of flavor and makes a delicious Old Fashioned. I think the rye is 90 proof if I remember correctly. I haven't had their bourbon because I can't not choose the rye but I assume it's really good as well. Not sure who all carries it on the shelf but the liquor store in Nashville stocks it.

Edit: Looking at their web site, I think the thing that makes their rye pop so much is the mash bill consists only of rye and malted barley. The bourbon is only corn and malted barley.

And Mazel Tov!

Last edited:
Joe Morgan's Black Diamond Distillery, a small batch distiller in Morgantown (Brown County) makes a rye that I really, really like. It has tons of flavor and makes a delicious Old Fashioned. I think the rye is 90 proof if I remember correctly. I haven't had their bourbon because I can't not choose the rye but I assume it's really good as well. Not sure who all carries it on the shelf but the liquor store in Nashville stocks it.

Edit: Looking at their web site, I think the thing that makes their rye pop so much is the mash bill consists only of rye and malted barley. The bourbon is only corn and malted barley.

And Mazel Tov!

George Dickel rye is also very solid especially at the $25 price point. Mash bill is also only rye and malted barley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT