ADVERTISEMENT

Year 3.

I NEVER remember being down 30 to a sub par big ten team from creans 3rd year on...you refresh MY memory. Maybe it happened but I sure as hell can’t remember it

I NEVER remember being down 30 to a sub par big ten team from creans 3rd year on...you refresh MY memory. Maybe it happened but I sure as hell can’t remember it

If IU goes 3-15 this year then you can compare.

Even Knight had a few like this. Crean had plenty. One point trend proclamations tend to come back to bite you in the rear.

I agree. Miller’s problem is that he’s 0-2 in making the tourney and his winning percentage isn’t much above .500. He should be fired if he misses the tourney again this year...but it sounds like he won’t be.

And the reason he won’t be is the same reason we seem to be stuck in mediocrity: we accept it.

I agree. Miller’s problem is that he’s 0-2 in making the tourney and his winning percentage isn’t much above .500. He should be fired if he misses the tourney again this year...but it sounds like he won’t be.

And the reason he won’t be is the same reason we seem to be stuck in mediocrity: we accept it.

So you thought Crean handed off a strong culture of fundamentally strong basketball then? Thought this was a plug and play sitch? Lol

So you thought Crean handed off a strong culture of fundamentally strong basketball then? Thought this was a plug and play sitch? Lol

Nope, largely because he was similarly kept too long.

As I said elsewhere, Tom Allen only needed 3 years to take our moribund football program to a bowl game, best record since ‘93, etc.

Face it, Archie hasn’t done very well yet. There simply isn’t any getting around that fact. He may still, I don’t know. But when you look at what Holtmann is doing at OSU, Mack at Louisville, etal, it becomes really hard to argue that he just needs more and more time. Why haven’t they??

People said the same about Crean and they were wrong then too.

Winning programs don’t accept the kind of mediocrity that has been lingering around here for...well, too long.

Reactions: Cavanagh
Nope, largely because he was similarly kept too long.

As I said elsewhere, Tom Allen only needed 3 years to take our moribund football program to a bowl game, best record since ‘93, etc.

Face it, Archie hasn’t done very well yet. There simply isn’t any getting around that fact. He may still, I don’t know. But when you look at what Holtmann is doing at OSU, Mack at Louisville, etal, it becomes really hard to argue that he just needs more and more time. Why haven’t they??

People said the same about Crean and they were wrong then too.

Winning programs don’t accept the kind of mediocrity that has been lingering around here for...well, too long.

I don’t totally disagree but let’s make sure year 3 is a dud before all making all these bold proclamations. Lol

Crean should have been fired after year three
100% but fred seems to stubborn to see his errors. It won't be any different this time. I guarantee if we miss the tourney this year Archie is back still. Fred talks big talk on championships but it's all a smoke show

I might agree if he misses the tournament. It is a pretty big leap to go from one clunker to a really bad year. We will see. Any repeat of last year would convince me. I refuse to go there after one crap down their leg in the first road game.

And the reason he won’t be is the same reason we seem to be stuck in mediocrity: we accept it.[/Quote

I don't think we accept it but the admins do. Plus people still fill the stadium so they don't care. I think alot of us have had our passion wore down over the years.its frustrating to see a football school like ohio state have way better success than us.

Reactions: Upset Alert
Hondo...is that you?

You used the LOL heavy on other posts...
Nope. Isn't this the second time you've asked this stupid question? I don't have any idea who Hondo is, but I do know he's not a member of the Negative Nancy Whine and Troll Club.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Nope. Isn't this the second time you've asked this stupid question? I don't have any idea who Hondo is, but I do know he's not a member of the Negative Nancy Whine and Troll Club.
Nope...he’s a member where you hold an active card...
The Archie Apologists and Acceptance of Average Association...

Reactions: Upset Alert
Nope...he’s a member where you hold an active card...
The Archie Apologists and Acceptance of Average Association...
Your name suggests you have some self awareness. Your post suggests you don't have a clue.

Last edited:
Reactions: HereYouGoIU
Whebn Crean influence gone, IU will be better.

Come on man, there are 2 "Crean influence" players left. 3 if you count the recruited by Crean but never coached by Crean, Durham. And without one of those 3 we do not win that FSU game.

Reactions: cryano
I remember Knight losing by about 50 at Minnesota. I think he was pretty good!
Yeah but if you recall he pulled the starters early in the game and the bench played most of that game against a good Minnesota team. This Wisconsin team is not good. But hey we will see Tuesday I guess.

Yeah but if you recall he pulled the starters early in the game and the bench played most of that game against a good Minnesota team. This Wisconsin team is not good. But hey we will see Tuesday I guess.

Ya, bad teams never win at home. But keep on shoveling the shit. Sorry in advance if IU wins on Tuesday!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT