ADVERTISEMENT

yay! trace jackson-davis commits!!!!

Gotta love this:

Trayce Jackson Davis

"Wonder why him and Keion seem so big on representing the state and staying in state but don't even bother to take at least an official visit with us"

Little brother whining already . . .

If I had a son talented enough to play Div. 1 I'd steer him towards Butler before Purdue. The fact that this question was even asked tells the story up there.

Reactions: echs86
let's all have a drink to that. c'mon, it's friday!
giphy.gif

Congrats. I was hoping he'd hold off for a while and give MSU a longer look. If you do pair him with Brooks, that's an excellent class on those two alone.

Reactions: Sassy61
Huge get for CAM!!! Maybe this could persuade Romeo to stay another year with TJD and Hopefully Brooks, but thatll be tough to get him to not go pro. I view TJD as a Juwan Howard style of player. Hopefully he can still build his body up more and be as strong as his old man DD!

The conundrum is:

Lose morgan and romeo, add TJD and Franklin = not an immediate upgrade, however, it would appear that the only way Brooks lands is if Romeo leaves.

Best case scenario is if Romeo elects to stay another year. That appears very unlikely based on rankings, etc. But you never know.

Reactions: moneyadvisor
Gotta love this:

Trayce Jackson Davis

"Wonder why him and Keion seem so big on representing the state and staying in state but don't even bother to take at least an official visit with us"

Little brother whining already . . .

You left out an even more comical line "We are the more successful program in recent years"

Over the last 7 years, IU has more conference titles and more wins in NCAA tournament games. IU has been a bit more of a yo-yo, having more/bigger down years whereas Purdue has been a bit more consistent, but their "more successful" is debatable at best

Remember that Indiana is now full on schollies with Franklin and Jackson-Davis replacing Morgan and Fitzner.

Any additional signings are perhaps ill advised until or if other departures occur.

Best case scenario is if Romeo elects to stay another year. That appears very unlikely based on rankings, etc. But you never know.

I’d say it’s a bit more than just “unlikely” — let’s settle on “remote.”

But there’s nothing wrong with a fantasy every now and then.

I’d say it’s a bit more than just “unlikely” — let’s settle on “remote.”

But there’s nothing wrong with a fantasy every now and then.

I have stated here before that 5-star players are not good for rebuilding efforts. If there was one thing that worked out for Crean it was the unbelievable level of experience he had on the floor in 2012 and 2013. Those guys played 4 years and then when Zeller and Yogi were added it paid huge dividends.

Trying to build a team up with 5 stars leaving every year is difficult. Not that I didn't want Romeo and TJD to sign.

How the NBA works these days- they keep raking away the top soil. I see Romeo as being similar to Evan Turner, but Turner stayed at OSU and became player of the year. Zion and RJ from Duke should leave, no doubt. I don't see how another year in college could hurt Romeo, but it would be nearly unprecedented as the top freshman 2 guard. At least for several years back.

If you haven't noticed Izzo has a habit of convincing players to stay, even when they shouldn't.. Roy Williams has been good at it too.

"Shouldn't". What does that mean? Should TJ Leaf be a 1st team All American leading UCLA deep into the tourney or should he sit on the bench in the NBA for 2 seasons hoping to end up good enough to play?

Being rich isn't the end all be all in life.

Reactions: MG80
"Shouldn't". What does that mean? Should TJ Leaf be a 1st team All American leading UCLA deep into the tourney or should he sit on the bench in the NBA for 2 seasons hoping to end up good enough to play?

Being rich isn't the end all be all in life.

Shouldn't :

should·n't
/ˈSHo͝odnt/
contraction

unpunctuated: shouldnt; modal verb: shouldn't
  1. should not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT