ADVERTISEMENT

Yasir Rosemond next Assistant

Bobbyhh

Sophomore
Oct 14, 2007
Looks like this was a Woodson pick. I think he was chose for his ties to recruiting and recruiting networks?

Great hire. This coaching staff is probably the best staff in the country. I actually thought about that before I typed it too.

Fife-MSU top assistant

Kenya-up and comer future coach with recruiting ties that have paid immediate dividends and Archies best move, unfortunately for him, his last.

Yasir- VERY connected and wiling to play the games needed to get players. LOVE IT. 5 star coming out of this hire probably next year.

Thad- borderline HOF coach

Larry Brown a phone call a way- top 10 basketball mind alive.

WOODY- 30 years NBA experience

If we aren't good with this staff I will commit IU basketball suicide, ill end it.

Shooting is more repetition than anything. It’s not calculus. All of these coaches are more than capable of teaching basic mechanics but that will not solve the problems. Dedication to shooting 2 hours every day will.
Practice makes perfect but a lot of good shooters are born.

Reactions: Seyton
Looks like this was a Woodson pick. I think he was chose for his ties to recruiting and recruiting networks?
Moye and Watford seem to know him pretty well from their tweets. I look forward to learning more about him. I feel like our previous staff were all in the witness protection program. We never heard what they did or their approach to the game. I like Fife's availability and hope all the assistants are as open.

Great hire. This coaching staff is probably the best staff in the country. I actually thought about that before I typed it too.

Fife-MSU top assistant

Kenya-up and comer future coach with recruiting ties that have paid immediate dividends and Archies best move, unfortunately for him, his last.

Yasir- VERY connected and wiling to play the games needed to get players. LOVE IT. 5 star coming out of this hire probably next year.

Thad- borderline HOF coach

Larry Brown a phone call a way- top 10 basketball mind alive.

WOODY- 30 years NBA experience

If we aren't good with this staff I will commit IU basketball suicide, ill end it.
When Larry Brown comes down the hallway, will it be Thad or Larry pushing the wheelchair?

• Haha
Reactions: Cavanagh.13
Shooting is more repetition than anything. It’s not calculus. All of these coaches are more than capable of teaching basic mechanics but that will not solve the problems. Dedication to shooting 2 hours every day will.
Repetition is worthless if the form is incorrect!
Fix the flaw in form then start the repetition. Repeating a flawed shooting stroke results in very poor results (see the last 4 yrs).
After form & repetition comes confidence - which is the key to good shooting results.

Reactions: Sassy61 and 76-1
Looks like this was a Woodson pick. I think he was chose for his ties to recruiting arecruiting networks?
Heard he was great at developing point guards in addition to being a good recruiter. Let’s hope Lander benefits from this hire.

Not as many as you think. Most of them have to practice taking hundreds of shots almost every single day.
My cousin: Drafted in the first round by the Chicago bulls in 1966 led the nation in scoring in 1965 at 32 ppts per game. Scored 50 in one game with no 3 pt shot. Shot 500 shots everyday period. That's how you become a great shooter. Yes some are born with better eyes and better touch but shooters are developed not born. Played for the Boilers. (Easy to find if you care to look.) Go Hoosiers!

My cousin: Drafted in the first round by the Chicago bulls in 1966 led the nation in scoring in 1965 at 32 ppts per game. Scored 50 in one game with no 3 pt shot. Shot 500 shots everyday period. That's how you become a great shooter. Yes some are born with better eyes and better touch but shooters are developed not born. Played for the Boilers. (Easy to find if you care to look.) Go Hoosiers!
Dave Schellhase, who actually scored 57 against Michigan in 1966.

I cared to to look it up.

10,000 hours.

Repetition is worthless if the form is incorrect!
Fix the flaw in form then start the repetition. Repeating a flawed shooting stroke results in very poor results (see the last 4 yrs).
After form & repetition comes confidence - which is the key to good shooting results.
You don’t think anyone on Archie’s staff knew basic mechanics? Come on now. Archie was a terrible high level D1 coach but even most HS coaches know basic mechanics. It’s not a chemistry lab.

Reactions: limestonecowboy
You don’t think anyone on Archie’s staff knew basic mechanics? Come on now. Archie was a terrible high level D1 coach but even most HS coaches know basic mechanics. It’s not a chemistry lab.
Talk to Todd Leary & see if he agrees with your assessment. There are coaches known as “shot doctors” - if most high school coaches are so astute, why would one want to be known as a shot doctor

Reactions: Jssanto
Talk to Todd Leary & see if he agrees with your assessment. There are coaches known as “shot doctors” - if most high school coaches are so astute, why would one want to be known as a shot doctor
I wonder if a shot doctor helped the world record holder for 3s made in a minute.
just watched the highlight clip on TNT with chuck, shaq, Kenny.

repetition > form

Rick Mount? Is your cousin right?

Reactions: mobilehoosier
And who on this staff is known as a shot doctor? I’m guessing you’ve never played basketball?

There’s no need for blind hope. We’ve had too much of that with the last 2 staffs. I’m as optimistic about this staff as anyone but to think they have some shooting secrets that the past staff didn’t know is just blind fan bias at its finest.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT