ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all caught a HUGE break with Jauan Jennings suspended for a half

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have different interpretations of what happened at the end of the play, and that’s okay.

You want to throw the book at every kid who doesn’t toe the line, I disagree.

Any broader extrapolations are totally conjecture on your part... I know your type. Not a fan.

LOL, you and your "University" have been exposed for what you are Own it Ace.

Lol @ Indiana fans.

Good luck tomorrow. Maybe one of your best teams ever can hang with one of our worst.

Did you watch the video? You really think he stepped on a guy when his eyes are elsewhere? Wouldn’t you look at your target if you’re intentionally stepping on something?

JJ will lol at your secondary tomorrow.
so - are you saying take IU on the 1st half line and Tenn on the second half?

Is Penix that much better than Ramsey?

Wouldnt call it a bigger break regardless...
Yes he is that much better. Glad he flipped his commitment from Tennessee to IU.

Ramsey isn't as explosive but he is a smart, tough kid and will be prepared. He will be fine and has plenty of experience.

Reactions: red hornet
Just curious why was he released from team early on. Never heard the story any ideas? Not trying to be an a$$ just curious.

iirc, when Butch Jones was getting fired Jauan posted a video on his Instagram being highly critical of the coaching staff and there was foul language involved.

The interim head coach kicked Jennings off the team.

When Pruitt was hired, Jennings asked to come back and there was a plan put in place for Jennings to earn his way back on the team.

iirc, when Butch Jones was getting fired Jauan posted a video on his Instagram being highly critical of the coaching staff and there was foul language involved.

The interim head coach kicked Jennings off the team.

When Pruitt was hired, Jennings asked to come back and there was a plan put in place for Jennings to earn his way back on the team.
Oh another example of social media getting kids in trouble.

How do you really know do you watch a lot of IU games. How many games have you really seen him play. But also wonder how IU fans can make that assessment base on such a small sample.
Penix has only started 9 games or so right? It's not really a legit comparison at this point. Dobbs started 37 games, had 7,100 yds passing, 2,160 yds rushing, 53 passing TDs, & 32 rushing TDs.

Casey Clausen took over after Tee Martin & had 9,700 yds passing & 75 TDs.

If Penix approaches that kind of production it will be great for you guys no doubt but I dont see how anyone can say he is better than either of them at this point.

Yep 3 years to accomplish that not out of the question. He does have a really good understanding of the game in the amount of time he has played. Again that time is limited.

That would be awesome for IU if he did.

I believe only 5 have done it in the SEC.

Dak, Manziel, Dobbs, Tebow, and whatever Miss St’s QB was last year (another Mullen product)

Uh they're about to be 6-2 in bowl season... Big Ten is 4-4
Penix has only started 9 games or so right? It's not really a legit comparison at this point. Dobbs started 37 games, had 7,100 yds passing, 2,160 yds rushing, 53 passing TDs, & 32 rushing TDs.

If Penix approaches that kind of production it will be great for you guys no doubt but I dont see how anyone can say he is better than either of them at this point.
Yes he has not even started close to nine games but he does have potentially 3 more years and he could possibly petition for a 6 th season and probably would get it with 2 season ending injuries early on. But doubt that happens there is still a lot to be seen.

Did you watch the video? You really think he stepped on a guy when his eyes are elsewhere? Wouldn’t you look at your target if you’re intentionally stepping on something?

You are just a remote viewer. No more connected to the game than a Kentucky fan.

Just blabbering away from your Lazy-Boy. Too weak to make a commitment and actually attend. Others on both sides have made it down here. You want to act like you are invested but you are just noise over here

Lol,us ‘softies’ are not playing.
We are watching,just like you and your fellow tough guy,trash talkers.
Y’all are now in the same category as your neighbors to the north,congrats on that.
It’s been amusing reading your ramblings the past couple of weeks but I’m ready to move on from you hillbillies.

Lol @ Indiana fans.

Good luck tomorrow. Maybe one of your best teams ever can hang with one of our worst.
Lol @ Tennessee fans.
Because well,you are Tennessee fans.
Y’all are as clueless as Kentucky fans.
It’s game day, only one more day of you,Gomer and Goober.Thank God.

Reactions: jrb62651
You are just a remote viewer. No more connected to the game than a Kentucky fan.

Just blabbering away from your Lazy-Boy. Too weak to make a commitment and actually attend. Others on both sides have made it down here. You want to act like you are invested but you are just noise over here

Typing this made you feel really really good. I can tell.

Uh they're about to be 6-2 in bowl season... Big Ten is 4-4
You are missing some context which is understandable since I was responding to a poster who said basically that in another thread. The SEC has been in a lot of very close games, several of which they were fortunate to win.

Reactions: tacacoca
You are missing some context which is understandable since I was responding to a poster who said basically that in another thread. The SEC has been in a lot of very close games, several of which they were fortunate to win.

W’s are W’s

Glad Minny beat Auburn though. Tennessee needs all the doubt we can get trying to flip Jay Hardy back to the good guys.

W’s are W’s

Glad Minny beat Auburn though. Tennessee needs all the doubt we can get trying to flip Jay Hardy back to the good guys.
That is true. Good luck going forward in the SEC. I have been to Tennessee a lot, great folks there. We are both trying to climb out of a hole but the Vols have the advantage of a huge passionate fanbase and a rich history. I would like to see you guys winning the SEC again.

Did you read he discalimer about him staying healthy? Why don't you watch him play before making a comment.

Quick release, strong arm, accuracy, good decision making, and can run when needed. Unlike other mobile athletic QBs, he doesn't give up on a passing play early to run.

I wouldn't do something like that to begin with but if I was going to do it I would look away as I was doing it to make it look like an accident.

Did you read he discalimer about him staying healthy? Why don't you watch him play before making a comment.

Quick release, strong arm, accuracy, good decision making, and can run when needed. Unlike other mobile athletic QBs, he doesn't give up on a passing play early to run.
There wasnt a disclaimer to the post I was referring to, it just said "Better than any QB you’ve had since Tee Martin."

I'm familiar with him from his HS days as he was committed to UT for awhile.

I wouldn't do something like that to begin with but if I was going to do it I would look away as I was doing it to make it look like an accident.

Yes, seeking (im)plausible deniability.

Watching the video.......hits the guy out-of-bounds with 3 minutes left in the game and an 18 point lead.....then rides him about 10 feet....then jumps on top of him......then stands up taunting him....then steps on his head....then twists his shoe in his face as he turns to walk away.......

It's telling that no other Vol fan on here is even trying to sell us this bs.

What is amazing is that (1) NO flag was thrown nor other action taken on the field at the time. I guess that's a message to Vandy about their worth to the SEC; and (2) no Vandy player went after the sack of s***.

SEC had to do something after it went viral. They did as little as they could get away with.

Edit.....so I guess he did get a 15 yard UR for the late hit?

Edit II....There's conflicting accounts as to whether there was any penalty at the time.

Edit III.....A Vol blogger wrote a piece about this titled "Calm Down, Jauan Jenning Didn't Murder Anyone".......well, he has a point there...............

Edit IV.....I didn't mention that after all this he stomped off like a maniac.

Edit V.....One Vandy player did pull his helmut off...didn't go after him otherwise....insufficient under the circumstances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT