ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is this below me?

I've asked Jim and Bloom if there's a way to temporarily suspend adding new free accounts. No idea if they can or even if they would if they could. I've done what I can.
I assume the answer is no. Same reason you can't ban by IP. It's likely at the parent level and would impact every child board in the rivals network.

I've asked Jim and Bloom if there's a way to temporarily suspend adding new free accounts. No idea if they can or even if they would if they could. I've done what I can.
Sorry, just seeing this, and I replied to your DMs.

I don't normally read over here, occasionally someone @'s me, or I see a related post of interest on a Premie post. I don't mod over here, but if I can help with bots, I can try.

It's a Rivals issue, though, not a site issue.

Sorry, just seeing this, and I replied to your DMs.

I don't normally read over here, occasionally someone @'s me, or I see a related post of interest on a Premie post. I don't mod over here, but if I can help with bots, I can try.

It's a Rivals issue, though, not a site issue.
Yeah, the Rivals response that I was shown was bullshit. Trying to dump it on Jim's shoulders.

Reactions: Bloom.
Yeah, the Rivals response that I was shown was bullshit. Trying to dump it on Jim's shoulders.
I was having issues on my forum, but the core of the forum is hidden from more than just a couple of dozen. The forum itself isn't actually for the site at all, just using my site to also host the forum. I shut off registration to the forum (not the site). I likely had a captcha issue I didn't want to micromanage.

Cutting off registration worked like a charm. :cool:

Likely not the answer here.

You could.

Permissions are set up for the most part by Groups.

Each Poster has a Group, and it's possible to have a secondary Group as well.

They could easily manipulate what it takes post on any board. So if a Poster subscribes, he goes into the Premium Group and would be able to post right away. Otherwise he stays in the Free Group and has to be verified. However, that's a manual Admin toggle because it's not a default action.

That's likely a Rivals action, not a @Jim Coyle action. I"m assuming Jim doesn't have full access to Admin controls.

Keep in mind, the forum software is NOT the same software as the content software. Rivals has set it up to be SSO. So anything done to the forum has zero impact on the rest of the site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT