ADVERTISEMENT

wtf happened this weekend?

Hoosier42

Senior
Jan 29, 2003
Did we really just get swept at Iowa!!?? I hope coach rips some ass. We have already lost more big ten games this year than we did all of last season!

I'm wondering what people expected.....

IU lost 4 of the best players in program history and the manager who built this thing.

I'm impressed that they're doing as well as they're doing.

We've transitioned from a power hitting team to one that has to...

manufacture runs. When you're that type of team, good pitching can dominate you, and that's what happened this weekend. In the 3rd game, our pitching failed us, but it's still been pretty good and will probably have to carry us the rest of the season. I think virtually all of us already know this is the situation, especially when you look at the number of freshmen we are relying on.

This posts shows your relative lack of knowledge (and respect) of the game of baseball. Iowa is a good team. Not only that but Illinois, Maryland, OSU, and MSU all have good teams this year. This team is extremely young (and talented), and the book is out on them. Young kids have to figure that out, and make the adjustment. The luxury of Schwarber, Travis, DeMuth is gone (2 JRs, 1SR last year) and may never happen again. But at this level you can't rely on your talent, you have to make the adjustments. IU has dominated the B10 the last 2 years, and teams want revenge.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I will have to admit, that after the good start we had, I was

really disappointed to get swept by Iowa. However, I knew that Iowa had some good pitching. I just can't believe we got swept.

FWIW ... I was expecting a bad outcome last weekend at Iowa.

Not the shutouts. Not the run differentials. And probably not 0-3. But I thought we were in for a thumping ... so I was not as surprised as some.

Re: FWIW ... I was expecting a bad outcome last weekend at Iowa.

IU was swept two seasons ago at Michigan State, so it happens to even very good teams. What is most important is how the Hoosiers are playing near the end of the regular season and conference tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT