ADVERTISEMENT

WSU@IU: WSU 15 IU 4, Final...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Freshman McCade Brown is on the mound for IU. He got into some trouble in the 1st when he walked the bases loaded which were sandwiched around a strikeout. A fielders choice scored one run, but he got the final out on a strikeout to end the inning. Brown threw 26 pitches in the 1st. IU tied the game in the 2nd on a homer by Barr.

In the T3rd, after getting the first two batters, Brown walked a batter and then gave up a double to score a run giving WSU a 2-1 lead. He hit the next batter putting two on and was pulled for Beauchamp. Beauchamp gave up a single to the first batter he pitched to, giving WSU a 3-1 lead, before getting a K to end the inning.

In the T4th, Beauchamp dodged a bullet when he loaded the bases on a single and two walks sandwiched around a sac bunt. However, he struck out the next two batters to get out of the jam. IU is batting in the 4th with the score still 3-1.

Pitching mistakes by Bierman allowed WSU to add two more runs in the 5th. After giving up a single to start the inning, he hit a batter to put two on and no outs. After a sac bunt moved the runners over, a SF scored a run, and then a WP scored another run. IU is batting in the 5th down 5-1. I don't know what it is with the mid-majors out of Ohio, but they seem to bring the worst out of IU so far. There's still time, but outside of Barr's solo homerun, we haven't done much at all at the plate.

Barr hits a solo homer to start the B6th and WSU immediately goes to the bullpen. Their relief pitcher gives up a two-out walk, but that was it as we move on to the 7th with IU down 5-2.

Last edited:
Sloan had a miserable 7th. After giving up a lead-off single, he threw a WP putting the runner on second. After a SF put the runner on 3rd, a passed ball scored the run. Sloan then gave up a solo homer as WSU is now up 7-2 with IU batting in the B7th.

Richardson led off the B7th with a walk, and then Bradley hit a 2-run homer to cut into the lead. IU has hit three long balls today, but it may not be enough to overcome our pitching miscues, and they have just two innings left. WSU is up 7-4.

Busald is in for Sloan in the 8th after Sloan got the first out. He's pitched just one inning so far this year.

After relieving Sloan with one out, Busald gave up a walk and a single, and Cross was then charged with his second passed ball of the game to move the runners to 2nd and 3rd. Busald then gave up a double to score two runs. He was pulled for Krueger who immediately moved the runner over to 3rd on a WP, with the man on 3rd scoring on a FC. Krueger then gave up three straight singles to score another run. Then a throwing error by Cross on a pickoff attempt scored a run and moved a runner over to 3rd. Krueger gave up another single to score another run to end the scoring for WSU in the inning. This was a totally embarrassing inning for IU to say the least.

Litwicki replaced Krueger in the 9th and decided he didn't want to be left out on IU's Keystone Cops effort today, as he promptly gives up a single and homer to start the inning. He was able to retire the next three batters to end the inning.

Another embarrassing midweek effort by IU. IU was outhit 14-6, with all 15 runs by WSU earned. Of the seven pitchers used by IU, only Beauchamp wasn't charged with an earned run. None of our pitchers were effective today. There were eight walks, three WPs, and two hit batters. To add salt to the wounds, Cross had an absolutely miserable day as he was charged with two passed balls and two throwing errors. At least against Kent St. we still had an opportunity to win that game, but this one was different. I hope games like this don't come back to bite us in the end. Conference games are important, but games like this could hurt if we are in an at-large situation come selection time. Here is IU's box score:

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=261190

Reactions: snowling
Another embarrassing midweek effort by IU. IU was outhit 14-6, with all 15 runs by WSU earned. Of the seven pitchers used by IU, only Beauchamp wasn't charged with an earned run. None of our pitchers were effective today. There were eight walks, three WPs, and two hit batters. To add salt to the wounds, Cross had an absolutely miserable day as he was charged with two passed balls and two throwing errors. At least against Kent St. we still had an opportunity to win that game, but this one was different. I hope games like this don't come back to bite us in the end. Conference games are important, but games like this could hurt if we are in an at-large situation come selection time. Here is IU's box score:

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=261190
And I decided to leave work early and come down for it cuz it was such a nice day. Just a piss poor, lackluster effort. Weight State were into the game the whole time and we looked like a team that doesnt like to play ball at all and would rather be somewhere else. Why wyatt cross stayed in the game is beyond me. He was horrible. Not just the passed balls, he can’t catch a straight fast ball. I swear he dropped like 20 balls. I mean, balls that hit him right in the glove, fell to the ground. The one that scored a run from third was about knee high to the batter, bounced right off his shin guard and halfway to 1st. And then he comes to bat after that and watches 3 straight strikes go by without swinging once.

And I decided to leave work early and come down for it cuz it was such a nice day. Just a piss poor, lackluster effort. Weight State were into the game the whole time and we looked like a team that doesnt like to play ball at all and would rather be somewhere else. Why wyatt cross stayed in the game is beyond me. He was horrible. Not just the passed balls, he can’t catch a straight fast ball. I swear he dropped like 20 balls. I mean, balls that hit him right in the glove, fell to the ground. The one that scored a run from third was about knee high to the batter, bounced right off his shin guard and halfway to 1st. And then he comes to bat after that and watches 3 straight strikes go by without swinging once.
Is Fineman hurt? I’m always nervous when Cross is in there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT