ADVERTISEMENT

WR talent on this team...

td75

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2003
Just watching the second half because I missed the majority of it and I'm telling you, our passing game should have been so much better than it has been. Watching Westbrook make this crazy catch at the 11:27 mark in the 3rd quarter tells me just how damn good he is.

I'm hoping we can get an OC that is young and innovative for next year. There's some really nice WR and TE talent that frankly, hasn't been utilized as well as it should have been this season.

Reactions: Sassy61
Well we need to upgrade that room still. Heck, Purdue has 3, 4-star WRs coming in to add to Rondale Moore. I wish we could land David Bell.

Reactions: Sassy61 and td75
Pernpost game press conference think Allen shares those sentiments (of passing game not maxed out this season) and I won’t be surprised if we see staff changes next year as well.

Pernpost game press conference think Allen shares those sentiments (of passing game not maxed out this season) and I won’t be surprised if we see staff changes next year as well.

His statement was stronger than that. He basically blamed DeBord for being way too conservative this season. " I keep telling them to throw the ball down the field."

In this face of so much criticism ignorantly thrown at Ramsey, Coach made it clear he told the DC to open up the game...to quit being so conservative and let it fly. Ramsey responded as he could have all season long. He doesn't call the plays, he does what he is told. That also reflects on why Penix sat most of the season...his arm strengths ability to get the ball down field wasn't the issue at all and never was apparently. It was about protecting the ball and not taking risks. Debord probably should retire...because the HC had to step in and change the game plan...

Reactions: td75
Yeah, I think we learned that we can stretch the field out.......against Maryland. Not to say we can't or won't versus other teams but MD looked completely outmatched.

Now......if we can hit some of those same downfield passes against UofM and show that it's possible vs one of the best defenses in the country....that changes things. Suddenly the run game would open up even more than it already has and our season would take a major turn as we finish things out.

On the other side, UM is one of the top 3 defenses in the country and nobody really moves the ball against them. So no need to get down on the idea. It's possible that type of football works vs PU and not UM.

Either way, glad to see Allen be aggressive. Give your team a chance to make plays.

Yeah, I think we learned that we can stretch the field out.......against Maryland. Not to say we can't or won't versus other teams but MD looked completely outmatched.

Now......if we can hit some of those same downfield passes against UofM and show that it's possible vs one of the best defenses in the country....that changes things. Suddenly the run game would open up even more than it already has and our season would take a major turn as we finish things out.

On the other side, UM is one of the top 3 defenses in the country and nobody really moves the ball against them. So no need to get down on the idea. It's possible that type of football works vs PU and not UM.

Either way, glad to see Allen be aggressive. Give your team a chance to make plays.
Michigan is most vulnerable to the deep pass. Thats one area we need to take advantage and not be afraid is to pick on their corners. Ramsey with his accuracy can do some damage here!

Just watching the second half because I missed the majority of it and I'm telling you, our passing game should have been so much better than it has been. Watching Westbrook make this crazy catch at the 11:27 mark in the 3rd quarter tells me just how damn good he is.

I'm hoping we can get an OC that is young and innovative for next year. There's some really nice WR and TE talent that frankly, hasn't been utilized as well as it should have been this season.

You needed to see that TD to know that Westbrook is a talent?

Weird.

You needed to see that TD to know that Westbrook is a talent?

Weird.
Huh? Never ever said that...I knew he was great two seasons ago. He was making those plays then, just good to be reminded how good he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT