ADVERTISEMENT

WR’s....Catch the damn ball!

Agree that shit is getting old! My neighbor comes out before half and says Penix is playing bad. I almost wanted to kick him a mile away. Catch the f#ckin ball!

Last edited:
Penix was throwing dimes all day. Hitting dudes in the hands and still not getting anywhere. Sure, he throws a bullet but if it hits you in the hands, it has to be caught. No excuses.

The difference between him and the bum from Rutgers was stark.

Reactions: 76-1 and Indianaftw
Penix throws with so much zip sometimes our receivers have trouble. An NFL wide receiver would love playing for Penix, while a good college play might prefer Ramsey. Either way Penix and the recievers seemed to play much better outside of a few bad drops.

Reactions: 76-1
Think it will keep improving weekly as WR’s get used to his bullets and he perhaps can occasionally take some off passes that may not require it. That and more practice together too.

Interesting discussion on ESPN about left handed QBs. The
ball spins in the opposite direction of right handed QBs.
Maybe it will just take some time for the receivers to
become accustomed to a ball thrown by a lefty.

Sometimes when Penix throws frozen ropes our receivers’ hands aren’t up soon enough. Receivers still adjusting to the speed? Timing routes not in sync?

Reading this thread it sounds like Penix is in his first year at IU and we don't throw and catch in practice. Catch the ball when it is in your hands!

Reactions: 4IUSox2 and 76-1
Hendershot is going to hurt his NFL chances if he doesn't start making catching the ball his emphasis. We don't need him to be a home run hitter, we need him to be a security blanket. The home runs will come naturally if his first focus is just to catch the ball only.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
Hendershot is going to hurt his NFL chances if he doesn't start making catching the ball his emphasis. We don't need him to be a home run hitter, we need him to be a security blanket. The home runs will come naturally if his first focus is just to catch the ball only.

I hated the TE screen with WRs blocking for him on Saturday. Takes him too much time to get it into gear on a play like that.

Reactions: 76-1 and 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT