ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, very hard to watch

bdhman

Senior
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2002
Awful shot selection and awful shooting.

Turnover, turnover, turnover.

Unwatchable. Good night.

Is it that hard to coach the basics? This team was hard to watch tonight. As much a sociopath you may have thought Knight was at least the teams he had seemed to have a passing familiarity with basketball. Tonight there were more than a few times I wondered if they had played the game before tonight. Not sure we will get to 20 wins.

Reactions: indy1203
We must be practicing the lazy assed telegraphed pass to the wing since that seems to be an area of proficiency. Not to mention the inside feeds toward the defense that are easily deflected.

19 field goals 17 turnovers

Reactions: Jg48 and Sassy61
Archie hasn't done a good job but my goodness most of our players are not good at basketball. Period.

We must be practicing the lazy assed telegraphed pass to the wing since that seems to be an area of proficiency. Not to mention the inside feeds toward the defense that are easily deflected.

Good ratio.

Team has no mental toughness what so ever and that is on Lil Arch, obviously the practices and mental aspects of the game are not being taught. Knight used to terrify his players so much that they were thrilled to just get away from him and play in front of an away crowd.

It appears that the four guards made fewer shots...FGs and FTs, than turnovers. That can't be a good recipe.

and we will get 2 more years of inconsistent play.
I don’t think Miller knows what to do with these guys. Not saying he’s incompetent as a coach but I would bet he and the staff are scratching their collective heads at the manner in which some of these guys approach the game. What’s clear is that there are few consequences for the kind of poor judgement that leads to play like last night. It’s also pretty obvious that there have been some roster mistakes that he’s failed to address and that will have to change if the program is to improve.

Reactions: FormerRevMatt
I don’t think Miller knows what to do with these guys. Not saying he’s incompetent as a coach but I would bet he and the staff are scratching their collective heads at the manner in which some of these guys approach the game. What’s clear is that there are few consequences for the kind of poor judgement that leads to play like last night. It’s also pretty obvious that there have been some roster mistakes that he’s failed to address and that will have to change if the program is to improve.
After Michigan State lost to IU Izzo benched 2 starters and inserted 2 freshman for Minnesota game, kicked their ass up there. Does Lil Arch ever do this. NO!

It was a team effort. Everyone who played had at least one turnover. It's probably happened before, but this is the first time I have noticed it in the stats.

It speaks volumes that Green was selected to be a captain of this team. it's one of main reasons the team seems rudderless when things don't go their way. He's never been a team player and doesn't lead by example, and can't lift the team up. The team has no guy that steps up and takes the reins when things go sour. As far as Al goes, I really like him, he seems like a good kid, but he just lacks talent and leadership ability. Man, where's our next Yogi...or a guy who even vaguely resembles him.

It speaks volumes that Green was selected to be a captain of this team. it's one of main reasons the team seems rudderless when things don't go their way. He's never been a team player and doesn't lead by example, and can't lift the team up. The team has no guy that steps up and takes the reins when things go sour. As far as Al goes, I really like him, he seems like a good kid, but he just lacks talent and leadership ability. Man, where's our next Yogi...or a guy who even vaguely resembles him.
But Green can create his own shot.

Reactions: CC Mac
But Green can create his own shot.
You right, and after all, he did hit a blistering 20% (2-10) from the field. Compared to 0%(0-6), 0%(0-3), and 14%(1-7) for the other guards. It's no wonder Bybee doesn't get to see the court. There's no way he could hit 11.5% of his shots.

Reactions: BigMobe
This was sorta funny the first dozen times. Trite the next 3 dozen. Downright annoying these last 6 dozen.
As are the responses in complaint that invariably follow, followed by the complaints to the complainers following further, yet. What’s a man to do?

I think he’s a symptom of the problem but not the problem, per se. I asked the board a few weeks ago to define the culture of the program and nobody could. The best programs have cultures so strong that they’re essentially run by the players. Accountability to your teammates is paramount, and those who don’t adhere to that standard find themselves out the door quickly. If not, they poison everything they contact.

Not playing for your teammates doesn’t seem to be a big deal for much of this group, so games like last night, as well as the Maryland collapse, shouldn’t be a surprise anymore. IU doesn’t have a culture of winning or accountability, and things won’t improve much until that happens.

Reactions: Jg48
This was sorta funny the first dozen times. Trite the next 3 dozen. Downright annoying these last 6 dozen.
Kind of like the moronic “FIRE ________!” and “Congratulations on the IU loss” garbage that we see from the usual suspects. It’s supremely stupid. Every time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT