ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! Super Regionals show how close we were.

mk23

Senior
Dec 7, 2005
UL moonwalks into Omaha without breaking a sweat. Feel like they just weren’t that much better.

UM takes out #1 overall seed. We should have swept them.

Just gotta be hot at the end of the season and a little bit lucky. We were neither.

Oh yeah, our former coach will be there too. Imagine if he wins it all his first year there. It could happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82IU
I hear you. But I still think we are in great hands w/ Coach Mercer. Michigan got hot at the right time. Good for them. Good for the BIG.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
I hear you. But I still think we are in great hands w/ Coach Mercer. Michigan got hot at the right time. Good for them. Good for the BIG.

I'm not sure you could argue Michigan got hot at the right time. Here are their final 12 games:

• Indiana - 1-2
  • Kentucky - 0-1
  • Nebraska - 1-2
  • Big Ten Tourney - 3-2
  • Totals - 5-7
That's not exactly lighting the world on fire. Once you get into the tournament, you just need to win. Michigan has a good shot in Omaha since their pitching seems to be pretty decent. Baseball is a sport that you just need to get in. One pitcher can really alter how your fate is determined.

I'm not sure you could argue Michigan got hot at the right time. Here are their final 12 games:

• Indiana - 1-2
  • Kentucky - 0-1
  • Nebraska - 1-2
  • Big Ten Tourney - 3-2
  • Totals - 5-7
That's not exactly lighting the world on fire. Once you get into the tournament, you just need to win. Michigan has a good shot in Omaha since their pitching seems to be pretty decent. Baseball is a sport that you just need to get in. One pitcher can really alter how your fate is determined.
Ummmm...you left out the regional and super. I’d say winning those kinda qualify as getting hot.

I would agree that UM has a shot. They’re a pretty gritty group. I’ll be pulling for them. Hell, im for about anyone but UofL.

Ummmm...you left out the regional and super. I’d say winning those kinda qualify as getting hot.

I would agree that UM has a shot. They’re a pretty gritty group. I’ll be pulling for them. Hell, im for about anyone but UofL.

Well wouldn’t ever team who wins a Regional and Super Regional be considered hot? I look at hot being how you come into the tournament. Someone has to win those games. It’s just about playing well.

ADVERTISEMENT