ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Rodney McGraw just committed to IU

This one looks pretty solid too. Always get nervous when highly rated recruits commit this early. Like are they just doing in case their favorite top school doesnt offer. Doesnt seem to be the case here.
Yeah, I get the same feeling that this kid is solid, & truly committed for the long term. I had the same feeling last year with Rashawn Williams, & luckily it proved prophetic. More of the same please!! Only time will tell, but me likey!

Yeah, I get the same feeling that this kid is solid, & truly committed for the long term. I had the same feeling last year with Rashawn Williams, & luckily it proved prophetic. More of the same please!! Only time will tell, but me likey!

I guess given his location Notre Dame could be a concern. Not sure they are even recruiting him though.

Is this the biggest Elkhart area recruit since Dave Schnell? What other big time Elkhart/South Bend recruits has iu gotten?

HUGE! Momentum commit!

Was previously a Michigan lean. 1 on the board for 2021!

Nice......a guy on 247 had given a CB pick for IU yesterday......don't recall his name, but he was on it.

#6 in Ind on 247, #7 on Rivals

edit; watching his you tube highlights, the thing that stands out to me most is that he has a knack for shedding blockers......

Unlike Mayala, he's got his hand down like a traditional DE in his highlights.......otherwise, very similiar. Anyone here for bookend 6'6" 260 lbs DEs? Sounds more like PSU than IU..............

Last edited:
I guess given his location Notre Dame could be a concern. Not sure they are even recruiting him though.

Is this the biggest Elkhart area recruit since Dave Schnell? What other big time Elkhart/South Bend recruits has iu gotten?
Ernie Jones, same time as Schnell, basically. & McGraw did say that he's "staying home", so, hopefully he considers I.U. home as much or moreso than ND, as unlikely as it might seem.

I want 6”6 270 pound DEs that are chiseled like Greek Gods and run 4.6 40s and leap 40 inches.

Oh crap. They call those ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️.

To be fair. This commit was a heck of a step in the right direction.

Glanced at his film clip, sometimes he seemed to be going against poor blocking and a poor RB trying to block him, but boy he looks all of 6'6 and can see why they are high on his potential. His coach seems to think this was not a snap decision and one that should stick. Maybe this strong top 10 IN prospect committing early will show the others...Let's stay home and rock it at Indiana!

Alabama used to recruit players from Elkhart. They had several, including linebacker Rich Wingo. I never knew if there was any connection with coaches in that area. I do know that there were a number of people who had moved from the state of Alabama to that area, including my sister-in-law's parents and other relatives.

Last edited:
This one looks pretty solid too. Always get nervous when highly rated recruits commit this early. Like are they just doing in case their favorite top school doesnt offer. Doesnt seem to be the case here.
McGraw had offers from Michigan, Penn State and Michigan State and chose IU. He's incredibly raw and reportedly only been playing football since his freshman year, which means he is a blank slate for teaching good habits. The sky is the limit for this kid.

Not picking on you, but I just don't get why people have a negative reaction when something good happens for the program. We've had multiple other kids stick with their early commitments since Allen has taken over even when other (perceived "better") programs have come sniffing around late. When you recruit top talent and get them to commit, that's when the real recruiting begins. Allen and this staff have proven they can close.

Anyway, this kid has the chance to be a difference making stud and I'm glad he chose us.

I dont know, you're drawing the comparison so you tell me? I brought Penix up because Rodney was a good start to the class. If Penix can stay healthy, IU will do well next year and our success will pull recruits.
You give me too much credit. I was not drawing a comparison, only asking a simple question.

ADVERTISEMENT