ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Derek Chauvin's wife filed for divorce (the cop charged with killing George Floyd)

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Through her attorney, Kellie Chouvin said:

“She is devastated by Mr. [George] Floyd’s death and her utmost sympathy lies with his family, with his loved ones and with everyone who is grieving tragedy.” “She has filed for dissolution of her marriage.”

Something tells me this Chauvin person wasn't such a swell guy.

“She is devastated by Mr. [George] Floyd’s death and her utmost sympathy lies with his family, with his loved ones and with everyone who is grieving tragedy.” “She has filed for dissolution of her marriage.”

Protecting whatever they own.

Protecting whatever they own.
Yeah, the Floyd family is going to end up with everything that belongs to Derek Chauvin. She's gotta be hoping for a quick dissolution and division.

Serious question, would that actually work legally? Could the assets he had at the time of the death still be awarded, even though by then technically he no longer had them?

Nobody is going to bother with the personal assets of the officer. The plaintiff’s attorney will go after the city treasury and insurance.

Yeah, the Floyd family is going to end up with everything that belongs to Derek Chauvin. She's gotta be hoping for a quick dissolution and division.

Serious question, would that actually work legally? Could the assets he had at the time of the death still be awarded, even though by then technically he no longer had them?
I sued a doctor for med mal (failure to diagnose skin cancer. 30 yr old girl died) at the same time the dr was being indicted for being a pedophile. He went to prison. They did a quicky divorce and I was unable to get any of his personal shit. I forget the name of it but it was a physician’s policy that the defense attorneys fees counted against the one million dollar policy so we wanted to tap his personal assets too. The divorce I’m sure is a precaution but Coh is right in that with a cop (not rich) the lawyer won’t bother with the personal assets. He’ll just go after the govt’s money and insurance. Sometimes those entities will self fund to a certain amount and then insurance will kick in.

I think that's what Aaron Hernandez did as well, if I remember correctly. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I sued a doctor for med mal (failure to diagnose skin cancer. 30 yr old girl died) at the same time the dr was being indicted for being a pedophile. He went to prison. They did a quicky divorce and I was unable to get any of his personal shit. I forget the name of it but it was a physician’s policy that the defense attorneys fees counted against the one million dollar policy so we wanted to tap his personal assets too. The divorce I’m sure is a precaution but Coh is right in that with a cop (not rich) the lawyer won’t bother with the personal assets. He’ll just go after the govt’s money and insurance. Sometimes those entities will self fund to a certain amount and then insurance will kick in.

I used to say this to colleagues at work -- no one is a shitty guy at work and then suddenly becomes a decent, nice guy at home? He is the same guy. A bastard at work will also be a bastard at home under the right circumstances. The respect element is missing in both.

The pricks had 18 complaints against him. How he was kept onto a job to serve & protect is beyond comprehension. Once maybe 'bad luck'. Twice, a mistake.... 4th time..... hmmmm. 18th time? WTF.

His bosses are culpable.

There was an article I read earlier (linked below). Police are the 7th ranked occupation for sociopaths. #1 is CEOs. It kinda makes sense. Sociopaths don't get emotional and that can be an advantage in their job, but at the same time, they probably don't really care about hurting or even killing people.

Psychopaths Often Become Cops
What happens when a person like that, someone who has zero concern for our feelings, is handed a gun and put in a position of power?

An encounter with a psychopath in a police uniform can be a life hazard. That's why it is so important to be able to detect them. When you are in front of a psychopath, behaviors need to be altered, because normal social behaviors can trigger unexpected responses.

Research has shown that Police Officer is one of the top 10 professions chosen by psychopaths, ranking at number 7.

As I wrote in my book - California: State of Collusion, “Power, such as we give to law enforcement, prosecutors and judges, actually attracts psychopathic personalities who want to exert violent dominance under the color of authority. Innocent people can be subjected to a power trip police encounter, can be arrested by a megalomaniacal cop, jailed by a sadist, prosecuted by a manipulative Machiavellian and judged by a sociopath on an ego trip.”​

Here is the article about professions and psychopaths:

https://www.businessinsider.com/professions-with-the-most-psychopaths-2018-5

I used to say this to colleagues at work -- no one is a shitty guy at work and then suddenly becomes a decent, nice guy at home? He is the same guy. A bastard at work will also be a bastard at home under the right circumstances. The respect element is missing in both.

The pricks had 18 complaints against him. How he was kept onto a job to serve & protect is beyond comprehension. Once maybe 'bad luck'. Twice, a mistake.... 4th time..... hmmmm. 18th time? WTF.

His bosses are culpable.

Reactions: sglowrider
There was an article I read earlier (linked below). Police are the 7th ranked occupation for sociopaths. #1 is CEOs. It kinda makes sense. Sociopaths don't get emotional and that can be an advantage in their job, but at the same time, they probably don't really care about hurting or even killing people.

What happens when a person like that, someone who has zero concern for our feelings, is handed a gun and put in a position of power?

An encounter with a psychopath in a police uniform can be a life hazard. That's why it is so important to be able to detect them. When you are in front of a psychopath, behaviors need to be altered, because normal social behaviors can trigger unexpected responses.

Research has shown that Police Officer is one of the top 10 professions chosen by psychopaths, ranking at number 7.

As I wrote in my book - California: State of Collusion, “Power, such as we give to law enforcement, prosecutors and judges, actually attracts psychopathic personalities who want to exert violent dominance under the color of authority. Innocent people can be subjected to a power trip police encounter, can be arrested by a megalomaniacal cop, jailed by a sadist, prosecuted by a manipulative Machiavellian and judged by a sociopath on an ego trip.”​

Plus the rambofication of cops too. All that post-911 military hardware being used onto civilians cant be healthy.

https://www.charleskochinstitute.or...ice-policing-reform/militarization-of-police/

https://www.aclu.org/report/war-comes-home-excessive-militarization-american-police

That's right.

I watched a documentary about the University of Texas shooter, Charles Wittman. The police were outgunned by him until a bunch of people went home and got their deer hunting rifles. Then there was the famous series of bank robberies in Los Angeles where the robbers were wearing body armor and armed to the teeth. I believe this was when police decided that they needed to be equipped like our soldiers. And, come to think of it, because any idiot can be armed with the same weaponry as someone in the U.S. special forces, I can see why they want it. But, when will this end?

Reactions: sglowrider
That's right.

I watched a documentary about the University of Texas shooter, Charles Wittman. The police were outgunned by him until a bunch of people went home and got their deer hunting rifles. Then there was the famous series of bank robberies in Los Angeles where the robbers were wearing body armor and armed to the teeth. I believe this was when police decided that they needed to be equipped like our soldiers. And, come to think of it, because any idiot can be armed with the same weaponry as someone in the U.S. special forces, I can see why they want it. But, when will this end?

I remember watching that on CNN live and thinking, WTF! I think they were amped up on something too? Angel dust or something. Having body armour with bullets still hurts unless you compensate it with something.

LOL. Cops are above the clergy but below journalists on the list which includes chefs and surgeons. The author says people in the occupations on that list live as normal people. Quit wasting our time.

His bosses are culpable.

A much different side of Chauvin was portrayed in a 2018 newspaper profile of his wife, Kellie, a Laotian refugee who became the first Hmong Mrs. Minnesota. She told the Pioneer Press that they met when he dropped off a suspect at a Minneapolis hospital where she worked.

“Under that uniform, he’s just a softie,” she said. “He’s such a gentleman. He still opens the door for me, still puts my coat on for me. After my divorce, I had a list of must-haves if I were ever to be in a relationship, and he fit all of them.”​

That's probably right, but I saw a doc on those guys. They even had body armor on their legs!

I remember watching that on CNN live and thinking, WTF! I think they were amped up on something too? Angel dust or something. Having body armour with bullets still hurts unless you compensate it with something.

Things change. People change. Interest rates fluctuate.

Please tell me you're not going to defend this guy. He had been written up like 18 times before this.

A much different side of Chauvin was portrayed in a 2018 newspaper profile of his wife, Kellie, a Laotian refugee who became the first Hmong Mrs. Minnesota. She told the Pioneer Press that they met when he dropped off a suspect at a Minneapolis hospital where she worked.

“Under that uniform, he’s just a softie,” she said. “He’s such a gentleman. He still opens the door for me, still puts my coat on for me. After my divorce, I had a list of must-haves if I were ever to be in a relationship, and he fit all of them.”​

Reactions: mike41703
Things change. People change. Interest rates fluctuate.

Please tell me you're not going to defend this guy. He had been written up like 18 times before this.

I’m not defending him. I’m calling you out for posting stupid crap.

oh, he was written up twice. Quit with the stupid posting.

Reactions: ulrey

You hear that a lot or words to that effect. You hear mums talk about their mass-murdering sons the same way. Its a tough job regardless but in this case, the man wasn't really a threat to start with.

Maybe the cops have been desensitized to their jobs and everyone's a sub-human.

You hear that a lot or words to that effect. You hear mum's talk about their mass-murdering sons the same way.

I know. “He was such a good boy” is a frequent comment about criminal kids.

You said bastard at work, bastard at home. Not according to his wife.

Who's the stupid poster?

Since joining the police force in 2001, Chauvin alone has had 18 complaints filed against him, only two of which were “closed with discipline,” CNN reports. A database that documents instances of police brutality listed seven complaints against Chauvin that have all been “closed” and resulted in “no discipline." Other reports documented his involvement in multiple violent, and deadly cases of police abuse.​

Leave it to you to defend the guy charged with murder.

I’m not defending him. I’m calling you out for posting stupid crap.

oh, he was written up twice. Quit with the stupid posting.

She is some foreigner. ;) Lower expectations especially after coming over from a war-torn country. YOu see ugly white guys with local girls here having the same comments or expectations.

She is some foreigner. ;) Lower expectations especially after coming over from a war-torn country. YOu see ugly white guys with local girls here having the same comments or expectations.

You well documented your attitudes about women here and on the AOTF. She is an educated and accomplished professional.

You well documented your attitudes about women here and on the AOTF. She is an educated and accomplished professional.

Oh please... get off your little faux high horse.

You clearly have not interacted with minority women much or minorities for that matter based on your record here. Secondly, education has got nothing to do with it. Its cultural perception.

You seriously need to get out more. The world you think that exist in your head isn't reality bound. Its quite sad really.

Individual behavior based upon racial sterotypes isn't my bag.

So whats your bag then?

Defending or some might say, reverence of a racist con-man guy who had been accused of raping or molesting teenage girls or by a dozen of more women? Because that's what you have been consistently doing for the last few years here.

You have a warped prism COH.

Reactions: mike41703
So whats your bag then?

Defending or some might say, reverence of a racist con-man guy who had been accused of raping or molesting teenage girls or by a dozen of more women? Because that's what you have been consistently doing for the last few years here.

You have a warped prism COH.

How does it feel to go through life with two brain cells, one black and one white.

How does it feel to go through life with two brain cells, one black and one white.

I think you need to buy yourself a decent mirror. If you think I am the binary thinker, you may need to have a good look again at yourself again. Seeing the world through a pinhole doesn't make you a 'nuanced' thinker/communicator.
As I said, it would be a sad day when you realise a few things about yourself and then knowing that you have so little time left to change things.
So it may be best to keep on truckin' and fooling yourself with your dogmatic prism -- or else it would be a mighty depressing end of a life's journey. Good luck.

I think you need to buy yourself a decent mirror. If you think I am the binary thinker, you may need to have a good look again at yourself again. Seeing the world through a pinhole doesn't make you a 'nuanced' thinker/communicator.
As I said, it would be a sad day when you realise a few things about yourself and then knowing that you have so little time left to change things.
So it may be best to keep on truckin' and fooling yourself with your dogmatic prism -- or else it would be a mighty depressing end of a life's journey. Good luck.

Ha. Join the club. I get lectured on this forum often about what is wrong with me. All that tells me is that you and many others would rather talk about me than respond to what I say. That isn’t a problem for me, but I think it is for you. I’ve been challenged by experts about what I say and do. That’s invigorating and fun. Sometimes you have measured up, but not today.

Why is she so anti cop?

Reactions: UncleMark
Who's the stupid poster?

Since joining the police force in 2001, Chauvin alone has had 18 complaints filed against him, only two of which were “closed with discipline,” CNN reports. A database that documents instances of police brutality listed seven complaints against Chauvin that have all been “closed” and resulted in “no discipline." Other reports documented his involvement in multiple violent, and deadly cases of police abuse.​

Leave it to you to defend the guy charged with murder.
CNN? lol

Yes. CNN. I realize Trumpbots take everything out of serial liar and Impeached President Donald Trump's mouth as fact, but yes, CNN is a real news organization. And they're a very good one. Now which part of CNN's report isn't accurate?

I await your reply. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT