ADVERTISEMENT

Wouldn't it be great to have a team like Clemson to root for?

It'll never be.

It's like that team is from a different planet than ours.

I've often wondered how fans of MAC and D2 could be serious about their fandom......I guess as long as you're good at whatever level you're involved in you can still enjoy the show....

Not taking anything away from last nights drubbing of bama...But to answer your question wouldn't it be great to root for a team like clemson? NO. To play in the ACC and be a fan? Screw that. I could not be a fan of that.

I still question whether or not they could make it through the BIG or SEC undefeated. They did beat Auburn 14-6 early in the season but other than that that who did they play? They almost got beat by Syracuse...but... Syracuse? Boy thats one to get riled up for right? NOT. I like where IU is and who they play!

If you ever want to watch consistently winning football, give the team the one thing you can legally give... Show up early, stay late, and fill the stadium and cheer like maniacs throughout the game, making our enclosed stadium so loud the opponent can't focus on what they're trying to do...

Help them. You might just find you'll be helping yourself too...

Last edited:
Not taking anything away from last nights drubbing of bama...But to answer your question wouldn't it be great to root for a team like clemson? NO. To play in the ACC and be a fan? Screw that. I could not be a fan of that.

I still question whether or not they could make it through the BIG or SEC undefeated. They did beat Auburn 14-6 early in the season but other than that that who did they play? They almost got beat by Syracuse...but... Syracuse? Boy thats one to get riled up for right? NOT. I like where IU is and who they play!

The 14-6 Auburn game was the year before. They beat Texas AM this year, still, you are correct that they played a cakewalk schedule. The ACC really needs FSU/Miami/VT to pick it back up

Reactions: Indianaftw

National champions by conference the last 20 years:
SEC 10 (5 different schools)
ACC 5 (3 schools)
Big Ten 2 (both OSU)

The facts tell a different story

i wonder how many upsets happen in each conference, especially where a potential championship contender gets knocked out of contention for the championship game or playoffs.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It's like that team is from a different planet than ours.

I've often wondered how fans of MAC and D2 could be serious about their fandom......I guess as long as you're good at whatever level you're involved in you can still enjoy the show....

I love watching the MAC teams.
Some great games because the talent is pretty even.
Not elite.
Even.
I do not need to see utter domination and a long TD pass or pick 6 on every play to enjoy the game.

There are simply not enough elite players to go around so that everybody gets a RB that has strength, vision and breakaway speed, or 2 DE's that can get to the QB every series, or a QB who can both run like Herschel Walker and pass like Roger Staubach

There are 125 D-IA teams.
That's 10,625 scholarship players (if each school gives the max of 85).
That's 5,312 "above average" players.
Only 265-ish elite players.
(Not surprisingly, the NFL will draft about 250 each year. Most get cut. Very few stick long enough to get a pension.)

bell_curve-628x376.png

ADVERTISEMENT