ADVERTISEMENT

Would you call this serial cheating?.....

If Brady suspension was upheld and the NFL won after the other appeal.....this story never sees the light of day. Bob Knight once said that an unnamed source told him 65% of the men at his press conference were having affairs with sheep.

Unnamed Sources are those that do not want to get sued.

This story makes me laugh...even Colts fans see what is going on.

If Brady suspension was upheld and the NFL won after the other appeal.....this story never sees the light of day. Bob Knight once said that an unnamed source told him 65% of the men at his press conference were having affairs with sheep.

Unnamed Sources are those that do not want to get sued.

This story makes me laugh...even Colts fans see what is going on.
Go away ..

58246041.jpg

Could you imagine the outrage if ...

a team was great for fifteen years after they were rewarded for sucking and got a once-in-a-generation QB,
then they decided to actually throw a season,
in order to be guaranteed another fifteen years with a second once-in-a-generation QB?

Man that would make all of these allegations over 0.2 psi seem silly.

Reactions: HoosiersChamps
ESPN quotes unnamed Colts sources as claiming that the Patriots "attempted to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

ESPN quotes unnamed Colts sources as claiming that the Patriots "attempted to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
You're so obsessed with the Colts, it's sad. You obviously didn't read the articles. There are multiple names and sources listed. And you might pay attention to the other teams listed, Rams, Ravens, Giants, Bucs, Steelers. Again. It's just common knowledge the Pats are serial cheaters. It's been known for years, by every team in the league. Obsess about the Colts all you want. Every team.

OS and us are both right.

OS is right: the Pats have a boatload of titles and got over on the NFL 2x.

We are right: Belicek is a dirtbag and the Pats and Brady will fight the cheater label forever now.

Bonus jab: the Pats were the team who drafted then PAID Aaron Hernandez. lol

Thank you for posting this -- right here, where it belongs. No apology needed. This topic is not a tailgate or game day or political topic.

Peegs.com shouldn't be ashamed or otherwise reluctant to allow thorough discussion of one of the most widely discussed issues of the summer.

This particular linked article is one I hadn't read before. Thanks again.

It is disappointing that some choose to believe in myths, conjecture and rumors rather than giving credit for the team’s successes to Coach Belichick, his staff and the players for their hard work, attention to detail, methodical weekly preparation, diligence and overall performance.

-The New England Patriots
ZZZZZZzzzzzzz.

Yes yes yes yes yes. Bilichick worked quite hard at cheating.

a team was great for fifteen years after they were rewarded for sucking and got a once-in-a-generation QB,
then they decided to actually throw a season,
in order to be guaranteed another fifteen years with a second once-in-a-generation QB?

Wabash.

Reactions: twenty02
You must pursue this investigation of Watergate even if it leads to the president. I'm innocent. You've got to believe I'm innocent. If you don't, take my job.

Richard Nixon
Well, OK, if you say so, Dick.

Teams are so paranoid that if their plane lands 10 minutes late, they are CONVINCED that Bill Belichick is responsible for air traffic control.

This level of paranoia is simply wonderful!

So the Colts are not alone being whiny weak-minded losers. Got it.
When Bill Bilichick repeatedly puts Tom Brady on the questionable list when there is not even a snowball's chance that Brady won't play, well then, it's hard to believe that Bilichick is really spending all his time figurin' out how to be a coaching genius instead of just a charlatan.

The article linked in the OP is as much about the Patriots' declaring war on the NFL as vice versa.

I find the timing of this particular report amusing. The NFL loses its ass in court last week, and all of a sudden, this story magically appears on the website of its corporate partner.

I'm a Colts fan. I hate the Pats, the Red Sox, the Celtics, the fans of those teams, Matt Damon and Benassflap, and anything remotely associated to Massachusetts.

But c'mon. In the history of the AOTF, this topic is Terry Schiavo. Just pull the effing plug, Mods.
Without giving names of employees, I'll just say that the NFL has known about the Patriots', um, exuberant interpretations of various rules, for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Like 15 years or so.

Tapes.

Footballs.

Various means of transgression.

Literally, for a decade and a half.

Punishing the Patriots would be like punishing Wooden's UCLA teams: you literally wipe out a decade plus of the league's history (or, in Wooden's case, a decade plus of title games). So you let the offending parties float through and hope no one connects all the dots.

And there are a LOT of dots.

Without giving names of employees, I'll just say that the NFL has known about the Patriots', um, exuberant interpretations of various rules, for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Like 15 years or so.

Tapes.

Footballs.

Various means of transgression.

Literally, for a decade and a half.

Punishing the Patriots would be like punishing Wooden's UCLA teams: you literally wipe out a decade plus of the league's history (or, in Wooden's case, a decade plus of title games). So you let the offending parties float through and hope no one connects all the dots.

And there are a LOT of dots.
Luckily, Goodell has 32 bosses, not one. The other 31 are sick of Kraft and putting pressure on The Rog. The Rog wants to protect the shield, but he wants to protect his job more.

Reactions: hoosierdug

Like 15 years or so.

I don't doubt this one bit. However, there is nowhere for this debate to go on the OTF. Poking Shooter through his cage is just boring.

a team was great for fifteen years after they were rewarded...

Not only did you just admit the Colts are "great",

but you also admitted the Patsies PSI fell to a level beyond the rules.

Hey! Maybe that Wabash degree is paying off after all!

I don't doubt this one bit. However, there is nowhere for this debate to go on the OTF. Poking Shooter through his cage is just boring.
Come on! It's anything but boring. It's truly a joy watching him squirm. This latest bit is especially enjoyable. He has yet to address them stealing info from the opposition's locker rooms though. No doubt, the testimony of dozens of separate people means nothing and they're ALL just disgruntled former employees or haters. lmao. It's sad, no, pathetic that truly believes this.

you also admitted the Patsies PSI fell to a level beyond the rules.

what part of the word "allegations" do you not understand?

Wells own hired gun scientists said that the Patriots footballs should have been in the range 11.32-11.50 psi.
Where were they?
11.49 average psi, by the gauge that the refs said that he had used in his pregame checks

gee, that's not good enough!... let's say the ref is full of feces, or "ovaltine" as I say it, and that he used the gauge that reads way too low by 0.4 psi.
What were the balls in that scenario?
11.11 psi, by the gauge that the refs said that he had NOT used in his pregame checks
This is the NFL's allegation, that footballs were 0.21 psi underinflated.

The evidence? Ignoring the refs memory, taking one reading on each ball with the other gauge, and saying "aha, 0.21 psi, gotcha!"

Of course, the inherent accuracy of the gauges used makes a difference of 0.21 psi indistinguishable from a reading of a 0.0 psi difference.

How can I say that? Page 70 of the Wells report: One person using one gauge tested the same ball three times (the one that the Patriots intercepted). What were the results? 11.35, 11.45, and 11.75 psi. What is the standard deviation of those three measurements? 0.21. A one standard deviation error bar is about 0.21 psi, with these gauges.

So... even stacking the deck with respect to the gauge used, one cannot say that the Patriots footballs were deflated.

what part of the word "allegations" do you not understand?

Wells own hired gun scientists said that the Patriots footballs should have been in the range 11.32-11.50 psi.
Where were they?
11.49 average psi, by the gauge that the refs said that he had used in his pregame checks

gee, that's not good enough!... let's say the ref is full of feces, or "ovaltine" as I say it, and that he used the gauge that reads way too low by 0.4 psi.
What were the balls in that scenario?
11.11 psi, by the gauge that the refs said that he had NOT used in his pregame checks
This is the NFL's allegation, that footballs were 0.21 psi underinflated.

The evidence? Ignoring the refs memory, taking one reading on each ball with the other gauge, and saying "aha, 0.21 psi, gotcha!"

Of course, the inherent accuracy of the gauges used makes a difference of 0.21 psi indistinguishable from a reading of a 0.0 psi difference.

How can I say that? Page 70 of the Wells report: One person using one gauge tested the same ball three times (the one that the Patriots intercepted). What were the results? 11.35, 11.45, and 11.75 psi. What is the standard deviation of those three measurements? 0.21. A one standard deviation error bar is about 0.21 psi, with these gauges.

So... even stacking the deck with respect to the gauge used, one cannot say that the Patriots footballs were deflated.
I think I get it now. As a "scientist" you are all about the facts. Just the facts, ma'am. So, in the absence of something that you can prove scientifically without-a-doubt, that you can point to and test and prove, then you can't process it.

So, the mountain of circumstantial evidence that's out there, is to you, so much bullshit and nothing that can be proven. But - you do realize that its easier in most cases to prove a case against someone with circumstantial evidence? And, it the court of public opinion, this case has already been judged? Because there's mountains of circumstantial evidence? You can't process that because it doesn't fit the Ideal Gas Law.

Bloviate on...

OF COURSE!

ovaltine makes a post:

1357592591_458376.jpg

thing is, though,

he is STILL full of shit.
Come clean - that's a pic of the trophy presented to you for your contributions to science.

And you're still as wrong as you've ever been about the Pats. They're serial cheaters, and have been since Bill took over as coach.

The NFL knows it.

The Patriots' players know it.

Bill knows it.

Kraft knows it.

All the other teams in The League know it.

You're rooting for the Wooden-era UCLA teams.

ROTFLMAO!

There is no mountain of circumstantial evidence to alter the clear scientific conclusion that nothing happened.

But....Playing devil's advocate, IF the ball boys wanted to deflate footballs, they did a terrible job because they took out:
1) too little air to be detectable, even by pressure gauges, and
2) too little air to make any difference whatsoever in the properties of the footballs

Why would they do it? Why would anyone order it to be done? It makes no sense.

Fact: This hysteria was all driven by the false narrative of "11 of 12 footballs were over 2 psi too low" which was a lie. That lie had everyone passing around footballs that differed in pressure by 2 psi, saying "Gee, it is really hard to tell any difference, but gripping footballs is Brady's JOB, so he had to have known".

Can you imagine what would have happened if they had passed around footballs differing in pressure by 0.2 psi? This is the same amount of deflation caused by dropping the temperature in the room by about 4 degrees. Think about that... Squeeze this football at 72 degrees. Let's crank up the AC for a half an hour. Squeeze it again, now at 68 degrees. Wow, what a difference!

There is no mountain of circumstantial evidence to alter the clear scientific conclusion that nothing happened.

But....Playing devil's advocate, IF the ball boys wanted to deflate footballs, they did a terrible job because they took out:
2) too little air to make any difference whatsoever in the properties of the footballs

Fact: This hysteria was all driven by the false narrative of "11 of 12 footballs were over 2 psi too low" which was a lie. That lie had everyone passing around footballs that differed in pressure by 2 psi, saying "Gee, it is really hard to tell any difference, but gripping footballs is Brady's JOB, so he had to have known".

Can you imagine what would have happened if they had passed around footballs differing in pressure by 0.2 psi? This is the same amount of deflation caused by dropping the temperature in the room by about 4 degrees. Think about that... Squeeze this football at 72 degrees. Let's crank up the AC for a half an hour. Squeeze it again, now at 68 degrees. Wow, what a difference!
You are a micro-economist. You can't see the forest because you're looking at a tree.

Do Your Job - Tonight
8:00PM NFL Network

Apparently an unprecedented inside look at excellence up close, with a very talkative Bill Belichick (who loves the NFL films people).

Peter King called it the most fascinating NFL Films feature in years.

Do Your Job - Tonight
8:00PM NFL Network

Apparently an unprecedented inside look at excellence up close, with a very talkative Bill Belichick (who loves the NFL films people).

Peter King called it the most fascinating NFL Films feature in years.
Will he be discussing Spygate, Deflategate, Playbookgate, Filmgate, Signal-Stealinggate, Liegate, Cheatgate? Is Joe B Hall a special guest, discussing how to minimize the perception of Institutional Cheating? Just curious

TIA

ADVERTISEMENT