ADVERTISEMENT

Would you call this serial cheating?.....

TL;DR

Reading that article at this point is equivalent to reading an article about the Kardashians.

It's actually pretty good for ESPN. And challenges pretty much everything OS has said about spygate.

Plus, I will go to bed in a few hours and you clowns get to watch OS lose his mind again.

Reactions: SuperHoosier
It is disappointing that some choose to believe in myths, conjecture and rumors rather than giving credit for the team’s successes to Coach Belichick, his staff and the players for their hard work, attention to detail, methodical weekly preparation, diligence and overall performance.

-The New England Patriots

full version:

“The New England Patriots have never filmed or recorded another team’s practice or walkthrough,” the statement reads. “The first time we ever heard of such an accusation came in 2008, the day before Super Bowl XLII, when the Boston Herald reported an allegation from a disgruntled former employee. That report created a media firestorm that extended globally and was discussed incessantly for months. It took four months before that newspaper retracted its story and offered the team a front and back page apology for the damage done. Clearly, the damage has been irreparable. As recently as last month, over seven years after the retraction and apology was issued, ESPN issued the following apology to the Patriots for continuing to perpetuate the myth: ‘On two occasions in recent weeks, SportsCenter incorrectly cited a 2002 report regarding the New England Patriots and Super Bowl XXXVI. That story was found to be false, and should not have been part of our reporting. We apologize to the Patriots organization.’

“This type of reporting over the past seven years has led to additional unfounded, unwarranted and, quite frankly, unbelievable allegations by former players, coaches and executives. None of which have ever been substantiated, but many of which continue to be propagated. The New England Patriots are led by an owner whose well-documented efforts on league-wide initiatives – from TV contracts to preventing a work stoppage – have earned him the reputation as one of the best in the NFL. For the past 16 years, the Patriots have been led by one of the league’s all-time greatest coaches and one of its all-time greatest quarterbacks. It is disappointing that some choose to believe in myths, conjecture and rumors rather than giving credit for the team’s successes to Coach Belichick, his staff and the players for their hard work, attention to detail, methodical weekly preparation, diligence and overall performance.”

full version:

“The New England Patriots have never filmed or recorded another team’s practice or walkthrough,” the statement reads. “The first time we ever heard of such an accusation came in 2008, the day before Super Bowl XLII, when the Boston Herald reported an allegation from a disgruntled former employee. That report created a media firestorm that extended globally and was discussed incessantly for months. It took four months before that newspaper retracted its story and offered the team a front and back page apology for the damage done. Clearly, the damage has been irreparable. As recently as last month, over seven years after the retraction and apology was issued, ESPN issued the following apology to the Patriots for continuing to perpetuate the myth: ‘On two occasions in recent weeks, SportsCenter incorrectly cited a 2002 report regarding the New England Patriots and Super Bowl XXXVI. That story was found to be false, and should not have been part of our reporting. We apologize to the Patriots organization.’

“This type of reporting over the past seven years has led to additional unfounded, unwarranted and, quite frankly, unbelievable allegations by former players, coaches and executives. None of which have ever been substantiated, but many of which continue to be propagated. The New England Patriots are led by an owner whose well-documented efforts on league-wide initiatives – from TV contracts to preventing a work stoppage – have earned him the reputation as one of the best in the NFL. For the past 16 years, the Patriots have been led by one of the league’s all-time greatest coaches and one of its all-time greatest quarterbacks. It is disappointing that some choose to believe in myths, conjecture and rumors rather than giving credit for the team’s successes to Coach Belichick, his staff and the players for their hard work, attention to detail, methodical weekly preparation, diligence and overall performance.”

Did you even read the article?

yes

Did you read the Wells report?
No
The rebuttal report?
No
Goodell's ruling?
No
Berman's ruling?
No

You don't know SHIT.

All the things you mention remind me of flies buzzing and circling a big steamy pile of shit.

I'll let you decide what that metaphorical pile of shit is.

7 years of videotapes....lol.......I guess it paid off.

Man I wish Russell Wilson didn't F up that game last year.

Speaking of, I didn't realize that Wilson banged Golden Tate's wife...and that's why he was traded.

My Wisky grad friends can't stand Wilson. Apparently he has a thing for other dude's girlfriends and wives (while at UW too).

What a phony.

This ESPN article will have more harm to ESPN credibility than the Patriots. Timing of such an article after apologizing last week for not having any facts about taping a walk thru.

ESPN and NFL vs the Patriots.

Very Classic

7 years of videotapes....lol.......I guess it paid off.

Man I wish Russell Wilson didn't F up that game last year.

Speaking of, I didn't realize that Wilson banged Golden Tate's wife...and that's why he was traded.

My Wisky grad friends can't stand Wilson. Apparently he has a thing for other dude's girlfriends and wives (while at UW too).

What a phony.
And he's the one that is supposedly celibate with his girlfriend, Ciara? Nice... I blame that loss on the play call more than him. Run the freaking ball.

Teams are so paranoid that if their plane lands 10 minutes late, they are CONVINCED that Bill Belichick is responsible for air traffic control.

This level of paranoia is simply wonderful!

So the Colts are not alone being whiny weak-minded losers. Got it.

D0xku2d.jpg

But wait, I thought we were all just paranoid losers? ESPN too?

Look at all the people that ESPN quoted, with specific allegations of wrongdoing and supporting evidence!

Oh, wait... they are all "unnamed sources"

Makes sense. Fabricated people will forever remain unnamed.

I find the timing of this particular report amusing. The NFL loses its ass in court last week, and all of a sudden, this story magically appears on the website of its corporate partner.

I'm a Colts fan. I hate the Pats, the Red Sox, the Celtics, the fans of those teams, Matt Damon and Benassflap, and anything remotely associated to Massachusetts.

But c'mon. In the history of the AOTF, this topic is Terry Schiavo. Just pull the effing plug, Mods.

Reactions: JARiley
They obviously have been working on the story for awhile. We can't cover up EVERY time the Pats cheat, can we?

Teams are so paranoid that if their plane lands 10 minutes late, they are CONVINCED that Bill Belichick is responsible for air traffic control.

This level of paranoia is simply wonderful!

So the Colts are not alone being whiny weak-minded losers. Got it.
I don't know about that, but Bellicheat did meet with the IU basketball team at the end of the year. We tanked after that. Of course that is his fault.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT