Worst IU loss in last 10 years

Just put trollpaugh on ignore like others have,

oh, and

Syracuse

Big space

IPFW

small space

The PUke games they have barfed up.
the way IU has played against Purdue over the past 2 yrs has been embarrassing. Some of the ugliest, least inspired ball I've ever seen out of Bloomington. I'm still hanging with CAM, by a thread, for now, but those games have caused me to question my resolve. If you can't motivate your team to play with passion against an opponent and fan base who revels in shouting "IU Sucks" at every home game, then you have some problems in the locker room that need to be resolved.

Reactions: ufo33 and BigMobe
I will put in a vote for the home loss to Maryland in February 2020. There is a recency factor but to me it was frustrating because giving up a 7 point lead in a minute due to poor fundamentals is inexcusable.
good choice. The end of that game was the difference, in my opinion, between being an NCAA lock and a bubble team. A, B, C...always be closing. We had that game, but failed to close it.

Reactions: BigMobe
He wasn’t coming. IU wasn’t ever willing to pony up to buy him out and pay enough to get Stevens. Otherwise, it would’ve happened. Can we take up an offering to get feepee out of here?

Surfboard proudly announcing the crean extension was the final nail. The tepid applause following the announcement said it all. SbF really blew that decision.

Syracuse.
The loss that was the first nail in Crean's coffin.
Crean had no idea how to attack Boeheim's match-up zone with the length they had at the top of the zone.

Syracuse.
The loss that was the first nail in Crean's coffin.
Crean had no idea how to attack Boeheim's match-up zone with the length they had at the top of the zone.
IU's last chance to win a title.

Syracuse wasn’t even a bad loss. Those things happen in the tournament all the time. The real loss is the fact that we only had one legitimate shot at winning a title in 10 years. That’s why so much emphasis is placed on that one game. We should’ve lost to Temple the game before so it’s not like we were on a roll.
I will agree with you on that point. That team peaked at MSU, got bailed out by Cody and luck vs UM, then didn't play well again.

I'd agree with that, there was no reason we should have lost that game beyond complete coaching incompetence. Or Maryland, I think we were up 6 with like four minutes left and blew it. I still say Syracuse, because that was on coaching, not players choking

Last edited:
Crean never played college basketball, he reminded me of the guy in the Holiday Inn Express commercial.

the way IU has played against Purdue over the past 2 yrs has been embarrassing. Some of the ugliest, least inspired ball I've ever seen out of Bloomington. I'm still hanging with CAM, by a thread, for now, but those games have caused me to question my resolve. If you can't motivate your team to play with passion against an opponent and fan base who revels in shouting "IU Sucks" at every home game, then you have some problems in the locker room that need to be resolved.
PU indeed sucks. Losing to them is embarrasing and sucks even more.

Speaking of embarrassing...do you remember the pregame clip when they were out in Maui and Crean was shown shooting a free throw on a basket outside? Let's just say, it wasn't pretty.

That and the Crean defense signs, I can't even remember who it was against or a W/L, but it was hugely embarrassing and a final sign that it was time to cut him loose, should have happened 6 years previous IMHO and Stevens would probably be here, winning

That and the Crean defense signs, I can't even remember who it was against or a W/L, but it was hugely embarrassing and a final sign that it was time to cut him loose, should have happened 6 years previous IMHO and Stevens would probably be here, winning
Stevens would’ve turned down the Boston Celtics?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Surfboard proudly announcing the crean extension was the final nail. The tepid applause following the announcement said it all. SbF really blew that decision.

This is true.

That said he tried to move on TC a year earlier than they did but was throttled by the BOT.

interesting comment and will cause me to throw out an idea I've had for yrs. Note- i'm only floating this theory out because we've got nothing better to discuss right now, with the caveat that I'm going against my own stance of not mentioning Stevens anymore. But boredom will drive you to do stupid things.

That said...if Cody doesn't commit to IU in Nov 2010...does that put CTC on the hot seat at IU and increase the chances that Stevens finds his way to Bloomington soon after?

as for whether or not the NBA would have lured Stevens away, that's another topic.

While the game was not important my low point as an IU fan came when I witnessed the loss to Lipscomb at home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT