ADVERTISEMENT

World Sled Hockey Championships gold medal game - on the Olympic Channel

Noodle

Hall of Famer
Jun 19, 2001
If you like hockey you will love watching sled hockey - especially when the U.S. and Canada play at the international level. They are the two best teams in the world. I believe that close to half of the U.S. team are veterans who were injured in combat, in many cases losing one or both legs. I believe that Canada's team similarly includes veterans wounded in combat. On top of that, these two teams do not really like each other all that much, so their games can be brutal.

The 2021 Para Sled Hockey World Championship took place this week in the Czech Republic. As expected, the U.S. and Canada played in the gold medal game. I won't spoil the outcome for anyone, but Canada defeated the U.S. 2-1 during the first game of the preliminary round. if you have the Olympic Channel they are replaying the game at 6:30 PM today. Definitely worth a watch (or at least a DVR for later).

If you like hockey you will love watching sled hockey - especially when the U.S. and Canada play at the international level. They are the two best teams in the world. I believe that close to half of the U.S. team are veterans who were injured in combat, in many cases losing one or both legs. I believe that Canada's team similarly includes veterans wounded in combat. On top of that, these two teams do not really like each other all that much, so their games can be brutal.

The 2021 Para Sled Hockey World Championship took place this week in the Czech Republic. As expected, the U.S. and Canada played in the gold medal game. I won't spoil the outcome for anyone, but Canada defeated the U.S. 2-1 during the first game of the preliminary round. if you have the Olympic Channel they are replaying the game at 6:30 PM today. Definitely worth a watch (or at least a DVR for later).
Crazy strength and balance. Very cool

Reactions: Noodle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT