ADVERTISEMENT

World Series

Looking for someone to root for myself. Miss St played some fun baseball from what I was able to see. Great fans too.

Reactions: mk23
Looking for someone to root for myself. Miss St played some fun baseball from what I was able to see. Great fans too.
That stadium they play in is unreal. Guess that’s actually the difference between SEC and B1G baseball. Well, that and the fact our idiot commissioner thinks non-con games and a tournament are unnecessary.

After spending the weekend down there, and touring the facilities, it truly is as good as advertised. TV doesn’t do it justice, and the fans are really passionate about their baseball. IU basketball would be the equivalent to the commitment to baseball at MS, and that program doesn’t go without. It truly is incredible, and Dudy Noble Field is really their cathedral for the “Church of Baseball”.

The amenities for players, the atmosphere of the fans, and the southern hospitality on display was truly the finest I’ve seen in the college game. And I also ate way to much grilled food 😂. Bucket list visit for any college baseball fan.

After spending the weekend down there, and touring the facilities, it truly is as good as advertised. TV doesn’t do it justice, and the fans are really passionate about their baseball. IU basketball would be the equivalent to the commitment to baseball at MS, and that program doesn’t go without. It truly is incredible, and Dudy Noble Field is really their cathedral for the “Church of Baseball”.

The amenities for players, the atmosphere of the fans, and the southern hospitality on display was truly the finest I’ve seen in the college game. And I also ate way to much grilled food 😂. Bucket list visit for any college baseball fan.
FWIW, here is one ranking of college baseball stadiums that came out about a year ago, and it was a survey of college baseball players. They have Miss St. at number 2 right behind LSU's. In this ranking, the top five stadiums are all in the SEC. Kentucky opened a new stadium about two years ago that cost about two and half times more than what the Bart cost with a capacity of 5,000, but that is paltry compared to some of the stadiums in the SEC. When it comes to the B1G, we just can't compete with their facilities. The "facelift" they gave to the Miss. St. stadium cost about three and a half times more that what the Bart cost to build. Nebraska is probably the closest B1G school to any of that.

FWIW, here is one ranking of college baseball stadiums that came out about a year ago, and it was a survey of college baseball players. They have Miss St. at number 2 right behind LSU's. In this ranking, the top five stadiums are all in the SEC. Kentucky opened a new stadium about two years ago that cost about two and half times more than what the Bart cost with a capacity of 5,000, but that is paltry compared to some of the stadiums in the SEC. When it comes to the B1G, we just can't compete with their facilities. The "facelift" they gave to the Miss. St. stadium cost about three and a half times more that what the Bart cost to build. Nebraska is probably the closest B1G school to any of that.

It's hard to imagine any top ranked recruit signing with a B1G school if the SEC is after them. One visit to any of those stadiums probably seals the deal.

It's hard to imagine any top ranked recruit signing with a B1G school if the SEC is after them. One visit to any of those stadiums probably seals the deal.
not just the sec but the south in general. weather is too good. coastal is six on the list and won a world series

Well, it all depends on the kid’s situation and his view of things. Colson Montgomery probably could of committed to an SEC school. Even kids who are drafted that are committed to SEC schools don’t end up at school. I will say that the probability of them choosing an SEC school over a BIG school is probably pretty high, but there are lots of factors involved in decisions. It’s a broad dichotomy of factors.

ADVERTISEMENT