ADVERTISEMENT

Woody Questions Part II

hookyIU1990

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
Will there be a jersey, of any color, denoting someone had a great week in practice or will a great week in practice mean you see the floor?

Will there be shooters on the roster who actually shoot or will we be looking for scorers who can't throw it in the ocean from 3?

Will his strength guy hype vertical leap and development of lats and traps or will he just help guys develop in the weight room? Follow up-Will we go back to calling it the weight room or is "the lab" here to stay? Follow up 2- will the strength coach be a focal point of pregame and locker room celebrations?

Does he utilize signs telling players to "play defense" and "don't travel" or will his players already understand that by game time?

Will he be capable of talking about what happened in the game he just coached or will he have to "look at the tape"?

When he gets beat by an opponent, will he start his post game presser with "credit to <insert opponent> they just beat us" followed later by the term "fatigue"?

I'm sure others can come up with more questions.

I'm all in on Woodson. The more I read, the more I'm glad there will be a grownup as our coach.

Will there be a jersey, of any color, denoting someone had a great week in practice or will a great week in practice mean you see the floor?

Will there be shooters on the roster who actually shoot or will we be looking for scorers who can't throw it in the ocean from 3?

Will his strength guy hype vertical leap and development of lats and traps or will he just help guys develop in the weight room? Follow up-Will we go back to calling it the weight room or is "the lab" here to stay? Follow up 2- will the strength coach be a focal point of pregame and locker room celebrations?

Does he utilize signs telling players to "play defense" and "don't travel" or will his players already understand that by game time?

Will he be capable of talking about what happened in the game he just coached or will he have to "look at the tape"?

When he gets beat by an opponent, will he start his post game presser with "credit to <insert opponent> they just beat us" followed later by the term "fatigue"?

I'm sure others can come up with more questions.

I'm all in on Woodson. The more I read, the more I'm glad there will be a grownup as our coach.
We need to forget about all those things and look forward to the future.

Well, if if you think it is going to be the motion offense, at least 4 passes per possession, and mandated shot fakes - it’s not.

Why would I think that and what gave you the impression that I do?
Only because your long post indicated some animosity and frustration towards modern coaching and training approaches. Crean/Miller failures shouldn’t preclude taking advantage of advances made in training and coaching athletes.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Only because your long post indicated some animosity and frustration towards modern coaching and training approaches. Crean/Miller failures shouldn’t preclude taking advantage of advances made in training and coaching athletes.
What I posted was simply a list of crap that was hyped and/or employed in lieu of results. It was either style over substance or futile attempts to overcome failed coaching and player development.

FWIW, I love the hirings and I think they will even get better as assistants get named, we do, however, lack talent. That will not be fixed by Fall and some of these guys will probably leave. Not sure that's bad, although I'd like to see what Lander can do with proper coaching and some time. Matta as basically head of bball operations is genius

FWIW, I love the hirings and I think they will even get better as assistants get named, we do, however, lack talent. That will not be fixed by Fall and some of these guys will probably leave. Not sure that's bad, although I'd like to see what Lander can do with proper coaching and some time. Matta as basically head of bball operations is genius
Woodson could attract some transfers. Let’s say you are a guy who has had college success and is a very good player. But currently not considered as a viable NBA prospect. Maybe go play for a guy who clearly understands what it takes to get there.

Reactions: UncleMark
Good. At least 4 passes per possession would mean we’ll have a lot of shot clock violations.
One pass (assist) or four passes Final one an assist), the number of passes doesn't mean anything other than players working to get good shots - that's what's important, the quality of the shot. I suspect Woody's offense will be open with great spacing to allow players room to capitalize on weaknesses or defensive breakdowns. Defense is what I wonder about (NBA isn't exactly known for great defenses since at least the Chicago Bulls runs in the 90's).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT