ADVERTISEMENT

Woodward (and Drudge) unload on Trump

I was trying to recall who the dean was when I was a 2nd year - the dean was my prof for Evidence - and ran across a photo of Dean William F. Harvey - dean of the law school my 1L year - with then-Associate Dean Ben F. Small (2nd page on this link): https://www.repository.law.indiana.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1009&context=harvey . . .

. . . Small is our very own trover here on the board. trover went on to becoming a novelist of some note . . .

. . . haven't seen trover recently . . . probably has kicked this board as a habit.

Trover was a very entertaining and outstanding poster. He contributed a lot of conservative quality to the board. I knew he was a lawyer but never knew he was an associate dean. Did he teach any legal writing? He had a lot to offer.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Had he been in FDR's shoes, how would Trump have addressed the nation when Pearl Harbor was bombed?

Trump after Pearl Harbor: "There are good people on both sides".

Actually he would have been right according to Hoot's way of thinking. My Brother was a Provost Marshall during our occupation of Japan after WWll and greatly admired the Japanese. He had more trouble with our soldiers breaking the law than than he had with Japanese lawbreakers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sope Creek
They didn't care about his adultery, sexual assaults or making fun of a disabled person. why would they care if he makes fun of their beliefs? I'm sure it is fake news though in their eyes. I mean, he held up a bible in front of a church. He has to be religious ;)
It's such a shame Fred Trump didn't have a conversation like Melvyn Douglas did with Paul Newman in Hud. The world would be a better place right now.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Trump after Pearl Harbor: "There are good people on both sides".

Actually he would have been right according to Hoot's way of thinking. My Brother was a Provost Marshall during our occupation of Japan after WWll and greatly admired the Japanese. He had more trouble with our soldiers breaking the law than than he had with Japanese lawbreakers.
A lot of people are saying it wasn't the Japanese.

It could have been a 400 pound Samoan sitting in his parents' basement. It could have been China.... or Mexico. Incidentally, Samoan women are nasty.

My good friend Hirohito (Little guy with a weak chin but a very powerful leader, by the way) looked me in the eye and said they didn't do it. I believe him because why would they?

Islands get bombed all the time. Do you think we don't bomb islands?!

Never happened. It's a hoax. A witch hunt.

Our Navy did this to itself, just to make Trump look bad.

Etc.

Last edited:
A lot of people are saying it wasn't the Japanese.

It could have been a 400 pound Samoan sitting in his parents' basement. It could have been China.... or Mexico. Incidentally, Samoan women are nasty.

My good friend Hirohito (Little guy with a weak chin but a very powerful leader, by the way) looked me in the eye and said they didn't do it. I believe him because why would they?

Islands get bombed all the time. Do you think we don't bomb islands?!

Never happened. It's a hoax. A witch hunt.

Our Navy did this to itself, just to make Trump look bad.

Etc.

You do that well. If you said all that to the people sitting in front of a Waffle House, a week later you’d hear everyone in town saying the same thing.

Reactions: mainway_toys
This book by Woodward will be a major hit to Trump. Woodward has credibility. It probably won't move the 40% base, but it will move independents and those Obama voters who cast their vote for Trump in 2016. RAGE will be followed by other prominent voices that will speak up between now and November. We often see elections get tighter the closer we get to election day. This election will be different. Some of those Trump supporters will likely stay away from the polls as numbers continue to move in Biden's direction.

Between the folks you mention and the military folks, he’s already lost.

The ONLY way he wins now is with some serious outside help. And by outside, I mean Russia.

Trump losing while having every possible advantage & cheating is EXACTLY the Trump way.

The dude pulled an inside straight in 16, against a historically unpopular candidate in HRC. Unless there’s is serious vote changing/voter suppression, he’s toast.

One more thought- we’re still a little over 50 days away from Election Day. He will get more desperate, which will turn off folks that may have voted for him. Just look at what happened to the polls in WI. After the Trump sympathizer shot three people and killed two of them, Trump tried to scare the hell out of Wisconsinites.

It backfired. And the more he does that type of thing, the worse off he will be. It’s the ONLY card he has left now.

Reactions: Circlejoe
Good lord. According to Woodward, Trump was first advised of the seriousness of Covid on January 28. Within a day he appointed the task force and banned travel; for which the Democrats and Biden said he overacted. Prominent Democrat officials, including Pelosi and Cuomo continued to minimize the problem as a way to RESIST! Fauchi said often that Trump followed the Task Force recommendations. Fauchi said today that he didn’t believe Trump misled anybody.

You absolutely amaze me. In a bad way.

Even when presented with taped audio, you try and find a way to argue that Trump was responsible in how he handled the pandemic. He actually encouraged people to do things that his task force recommended. There is no room to argue that point.

There comes a time when it’s best to put down the shovel and stop digging. You’re still digging.

Reactions: RBB89
[/QUOTE]
You absolutely amaze me. In a bad way.

Even when presented with taped audio, you try and find a way to argue that Trump was responsible in how he handled the pandemic. He actually encouraged people to do things that his task force recommended. There is no room to argue that point.

There comes a time when it’s best to put down the shovel and stop digging. You’re still digging.

I can't quite figure out which one dresses as Kayleigh McEnany, VPM or COH.

Then it’s a good thing we aren’t in court, dumbass
Did you notice?

In Post 44 above, I questioned COH's ethics in using half-truths in his arguments -- he responded in Post 45 above by injecting "the hearsay rule" into the discussion as his defense.

So, apparently COH thinks the "hearsay rule" exonerates someone for violating ethical rules. COH should have offered to defend Michael Cohen with that strategy. Pass the popcorn please.

Reactions: Bill4411
You do that well. If you said all that to the people sitting in front of a Waffle House, a week later you’d hear everyone in town saying the same thing.
That’s about as condescending as it gets. The best thing you can do for Democratic politicians is to never speak in public.

After Woodward slated Trump in his first book, why is a POTUS, the ''most powerful man in the world'' need to try so hard to impress that very same journalist? Brain's broken.
I've tried to wrap my head around trump agreeing to talk to Bob Woodward on the record. As far as I can tell I've never done anything that would sell books, have my wife want to divorce me or land me in jail; and wouldn't talk to Bob Woodward if there was a recording device in the same building.

It’s both amazing and terribly sad that 40% of Americans don’t care that Trump lied to us all and directly attributed to tens of thousands of deaths. It was only 8 years ago that Romney got caught saying the 47% line and was sunk. We as a country have come a long way and it’s all bad.

It’s both amazing and terribly sad that 40% of Americans don’t care that Trump lied to us all and directly attributed to tens of thousands of deaths. It was only 8 years ago that Romney got caught saying the 47% line and was sunk. We as a country have come a long way and it’s all bad.

C’mon, man. Trump lied to us for our own good. He did want to cause unnecessary fear & panic.
Remember, don’t vote for Biden or your cities will burn and blacks and Mexicans will take over your neighborhood and the government will come take your guns and Christianity will be outlawed and every woman will be forced to have a taxpayer funded abortion

C’mon, man. Trump lied to us for our own good. He did want to cause unnecessary fear & panic.
Remember, don’t vote for Biden or your cities will burn and blacks and Mexicans will take over your neighborhood and the government will come take your guns and Christianity will be outlawed and every woman will be forced to have a taxpayer funded abortion
That's just the kind of inspiring, unifying message I've been looking for.

The Covid lying and disinformation from the Administration has not stopped. WH staffers continue to pressure the CDC to conform to Trump’s rosier message. This leads to more dead Americans. The whole Trump campaign and presidency has been a moral test and the GOP has failed miserably.

He wanted to keep us from panicking about covid so he could get people to panic about protests.

Anyone that thinks trump downplayed covid to keep adults from panicking needs a few more brain cells.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT