ADVERTISEMENT

Woodward (and Drudge) unload on Trump

That is exactly why I've taken the path I have. I find it very difficult to "sleep on it." If I see something outrageous, my inner asshole wants to respond right now dammit, and it's too hard to fight my inner asshole, so I decided to remove much of the temptation.

I've been working very hard the past few years at becoming a calmer, happier person. This forum is a very, very, very, very small part of that, but it's still a part of it, and my current strategy for engaging this forum is reflective of the path I am trying to take in my life writ large.

You can dismount your high horse any time. I think critical race theory is a topic deserving a robust discussion. I opened a thread about it and wrote a few posts detailing my thoughts. You know what your contribution was. i can understand why you find it difficult to fight your “inner asshole”. That has been your default mode for years. If you wanna be a happy satisfied poster, think in terms of ideas instead of people.

Now that you are all up to speed on January, can we discuss February and the first half of March, when the world was in full scale"ramp up mode" and some others here were whining about a Democratic hoax and a nothing flu that would magically disappear
"15 cases...next week down to zero...totally under control":mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: outside shooter
You can dismount your high horse any time. I think critical race theory is a topic deserving a robust discussion. I opened a thread about it and wrote a few posts detailing my thoughts. You know what your contribution was. i can understand why you find it difficult to fight your “inner asshole”. That has been your default mode for years. If you wanna be a happy satisfied poster, think in terms of ideas instead of people.
When people actually have ideas, I do. But when they don't, well, that's why I've mostly disengaged. I'm sick of being the one to point out when people have nothing.

You sure? I've definitely seen posters say "CO, you're a lawyer, I'm interested what you think about this" multiple times.
More often than not it's someone wanting COH to explain how he -- as an attorney -- can support Trump's latest lawless episode.

He did OK in January, I have always given him that. Then while the rest of the world caught on and passed us in preparations, he was a bumbling, lying fool. February, March, April, May, June, July, August, and now September.

Let’s also not forget that Kushner urged Trump not to pursue a national testing strategy because the virus was impacting blue states. They were willing to see Americans die as long as they were Democrats. Pretty Christian right Van?

Not true. Trump cut off planes from China while Pelosi and Cuomo are both saying the virus is not a big deal. Pelosi in a group of people said,"come to China Town". So Trump was publicly out in front of this virus before anyone. Let me ask you a question. When Obama said to you that you could keep your doctor and your health plan did it cause you not to vote for him?
Trump had the benefit of the CDC to advise him and what did he do with it? He ignored them and spotted complete crap to the public instead.

You should dismount out of trump's rear ;)

Had he been in FDR's shoes, how would Trump have addressed the nation when Pearl Harbor was bombed?

Not true. Trump cut off planes from China while Pelosi and Cuomo are both saying the virus is not a big deal. Pelosi in a group of people said,"come to China Town". So Trump was publicly out in front of this virus before anyone. Let me ask you a question. When Obama said to you that you could keep your doctor and your health plan did it cause you not to vote for him?
I would recommend you stick with pastoring.......or find a pool boy

Reactions: sglowrider

how is that alternate reality thing going for you? Pelosi and the democrats were stressing masks and staying safe while Trump was acting like this was a nothing virus and masks were unpatriotic. Remember when covid was just a democrat hoax meant to hurt trump?

It was also republicans saying the country should open back up because the economy was more important than people surviving. What politician was it that said we should sacrifice our parents/grandparents for the economy? I believe a republican in texas.

Reactions: sglowrider
Trump didn't mention the word prostitute at the RNC but we all know he's had them.

On the flip side, not mentioning law and order doesn't mean there wouldn't be law and order.

Not sure what point Trump is trying to make.

I would recommend you stick with pastoring.......or find a pool boy

Not sure we want him giving sermons...

It's ok to commit adultery and pay for prostitutes.. grabbin' women by the pussy is fine too. Also, be against any program meant to help the poor, they're just moochers. Just make sure you stay republican and you're good in the eyes of God. Amen

Not sure we want people learning his version of religious values.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigmac76
Hey VPM, now that you're here, I was wondering your thoughts on the recounting by Michael Cohen of Trump's reaction to meeting with Evangelicals.

This story kind of got lost amid all of the other sleaze, but I would think that it might leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Trump met with the Evangelical leaders prior to running for president to convince them that he holds their values sacred. The leaders prayed with him, laid their hands on him, and he spoke with them for more than two hours.

For the latter part of the meeting he was joined by his attorney Michael Cohen. Once the meeting was over & everyone but he and Cohen were gone, POTUS said to Cohen,

"Can you believe that bullshit? Can you believe those people actually believe all of that bullshit?

^^
Still waiting for VPM's thoughts on this!

530e4dfe63551dc0d0895c128fd41010.jpeg

Reactions: bigmac76
Enhh . . . technically it might be hearsay if offered as evidence in court . . . it depends on what it's being offered to prove . . .

. . . hearsay is testimony from a witness who is recounting an out-of-court statement, the content of which is being offered to prove the truth of the matter asserted. So here Trump's statement ("this coronavirus is very dangerous"), made out of court, might be offered by a third person to prove the truth of the matter asserted. If it's offered to prove that this coronavirus is dangerous, then it might be hearsay.

OTOH, if it's offered for proving that Trump was on notice that the coronavirus is dangerous, then it wouldn't be hearsay and would be admissible as evidence of Trump's knowledge that the coronovirus is dangerous.

Going back to the first scenario - that Trump's statement is being offered to prove that the coronavirus is dangerous - the fact that a court might find that statement to be hearsay does not mean that the statement would not be admissible in court, despite that it might be hearsay. Remember, the hearsay rule is for the purpose of excluding unreliable testimony, particularly testimony that cannot be cross-examined. In this instance there are two reasons that the statement might be admissible despite it being hearsay: (1) the statement might be considered an admission against Trump's personal interests, which is either an exclusion or an exception to the hearsay rule depending on the jurisdiction, and (2) Trump likely would be available to cross-examine anyway.

I am a lawyer and I, Sope Creek, approve this message . . . .
And you said you didn’t litigate. Gold star

^^
Still waiting for VPM's thoughts on this!

530e4dfe63551dc0d0895c128fd41010.jpeg

They didn't care about his adultery, sexual assaults or making fun of a disabled person. why would they care if he makes fun of their beliefs? I'm sure it is fake news though in their eyes. I mean, he held up a bible in front of a church. He has to be religious ;)

And you said you didn’t litigate. Gold star
I don't litigate . . .

. . . I did get a gold star in Evidence class though, back in the day. 🍻

That exception/exemption is stored in my long-term memory now . . . can you imagine the discourse I'll have with the old folks home attendants when the time comes? May God - and the attendants - have mercy on me for that . . . .

4.5% of global population, 22% of global deaths, 25% of global infections.

Please spin that...

POTUS essentially spins that 22 is less that 25, so he is saving all of these lives by learning how to treat this (i.e., identifying dexamethazone and anticlotting agents as both being useful).
Well, it's a way to help pay for the reductions in withholding taxes . . .

. . . how'd I do?

I don't litigate . . .

. . . I did get a gold star in Evidence class though, back in the day. 🍻

That exception/exemption is stored in my long-term memory now . . . can you imagine the discourse I'll have with the old folks home attendants when the time comes? May God - and the attendants - have mercy on me for that . . . .
Lmao! You’ll be a hero. Among many bad grades evidence was an exception. I aced it. I had Tanford at iu. Interesting funny dude. He was one of the speech experts on the drunk on the Exxon Valdez. I’ll never forget he told us he took the nc bar and taxation was on it. He said he had never taken nor studied tax but he did just fine as he “felt his way through it.” Taxation lol. Law profs are odd ducks.

Lmao! You’ll be a hero. Among many bad grades evidence was an exception. I aced it. I had Tanford at iu. Interesting funny dude. He was one of the speech experts on the drunk on the Exxon Valdez. I’ll never forget he told us he took the nc bar and taxation was on it. He said he had never taken nor studied tax but he did just fine as he “felt his way through it.” Taxation lol. Law profs are odd ducks.
I was trying to recall who the dean was when I was a 2nd year - the dean was my prof for Evidence - and ran across a photo of Dean William F. Harvey - dean of the law school my 1L year - with then-Associate Dean Ben F. Small (2nd page on this link): https://www.repository.law.indiana.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1009&context=harvey . . .

. . . Small is our very own trover here on the board. trover went on to becoming a novelist of some note . . .

. . . haven't seen trover recently . . . probably has kicked this board as a habit.

Reactions: tried&true
I was trying to recall who the dean was when I was a 2nd year - the dean was my prof for Evidence - and ran across a photo of Dean William F. Harvey with Associate Dean Ben F. Small (2nd page on this link): https://www.repository.law.indiana.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1009&context=harvey . . .

. . . Small is our very own trover here on the board. trover went on to becoming a novelist of some note . . .

. . . haven't seen trover recently . . . probably has kicked this board as a habit.
That’s really cool!!!

Reactions: Sope Creek
I was trying to recall who the dean was when I was a 2nd year - the dean was my prof for Evidence - and ran across a photo of Dean William F. Harvey - dean of the law school my 1L year - with then-Associate Dean Ben F. Small (2nd page on this link): https://www.repository.law.indiana.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1009&context=harvey . . .

Holy crap. Trover was that Ben Small? I had no idea.

ADVERTISEMENT