ADVERTISEMENT

Womack question

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Think his head was truly in the game? Our impressive defense this season wasn’t really there today and zero takeaways. Loyalty from Allen was nice but maybe needed to let Kane focus on his new gig?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I agree..Kane's new gig seems to have possibly hurt today's game plan. Something was off...

I'm disappointed but am choosing to look forward to our opener in Iowa. It's a game we must win if we hope to have the kind of season we all desire.

He went soft and did not blitz as much choosing to play coverage. It was totally different than we had seen all season. I think we could have gotten some picks had we put some pressure on Corral.
Our D was built on bend but don’t break, takeaways and big plays and yes we should have blitzed on every freakin play. D coordinator had his first ok day this year. We missed on several takeaways today and lost the turnover battle and did not bring the pressure when we needed to. This loss however was on the O coordinator. Cannot count on the D to win every game but they kept us in it. Allen needs to step in on O going forward when he sees this kind of lack of preparation and in game adjustments. They had their best player and we did not which was a major difference in the game but O coaching is what doomed the Hoosiers today. Does kiffin have someone on the offensive side we can poach?

Last edited:
Our D was built on bend but don’t break, takeaways and big plays and yes we should have blitzed on every freakin play. D coordinator had his first ok day this year. We missed on several takeaways today and lost the turnover battle and did not bring the pressure when we needed to. This loss however was on the O coordinator. Cannot count on the D to win every game but they kept us in it. Allen needs to step in on O going forward when he sees this kind of lack of preparation and in game adjustments. They had their best player and we did not which was a major difference in the game but O coaching is what doomed the Hoosiers today. Does kiffin have someone on the offensive side we can poach?
Oh yeah and what is up with the continued drops, my god that is maddening! We gave away too many downs, drives and scores with drops and bad play calls this year.

The bottom line is: IU stunk the joint up today when it mattered most. The coaches had a piss poor game plan. Their southern speed made our southern speed look slow.
The boys from Tampa were MIA all game. No sugarcoating any of it. It was a bad blow to program trying to build momentum. Instead of a catapult into next year, it feels again like starting over.

I can’t remember a single corner blitz today.
I can remember some. One in particular when the backup QB caught it for a catch and run for about 40. One earlier they got a long gainer. Their game plane must have included quick passes to the blitzing side.

I would really like for the offense to adapt Ole Miss offense as they really stress defenses putting them in bad positions. Coach Sheridan doesn't seem to do that with his offense.

Reactions: Skiporshki
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT