ADVERTISEMENT

WLDM

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
I guess white lives don’t matter.

Not a peep here about the Florence, Kentucky “white on white” MASS shooting?

Where are all the anti-gun posts?

I'm just now seeing this. Truly a horrible thing. And yes, I'm for the strictest gun laws possible. It should be different to purchase and own a gun regardless of mental acuity.

Reactions: IU_Hickory

https://www.fox19.com/2024/07/08/florence-shooter-was-felon-with-previous-criminal-history/

Garvey was convicted of unlawful transaction with a minor in the second degree in 2023, according to Kenton County court records. Documents show he was charged with the rape of a 13-year-old girl in 2021.

He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to five years probation.

“He had a probated sentence of five years, so that would make it a felony,” Nicholas Summe, a criminal defense attorney said. “So he, in essence, received five years of probation for his crime.”

According to court records he violated probation in June 2023. Summe said the judge ruled the violation wasn’t enough to end his probation and send him to jail.

Lots to unravel here...

https://www.fox19.com/2024/07/08/florence-shooter-was-felon-with-previous-criminal-history/

Garvey was convicted of unlawful transaction with a minor in the second degree in 2023, according to Kenton County court records. Documents show he was charged with the rape of a 13-year-old girl in 2021.

He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to five years probation.

“He had a probated sentence of five years, so that would make it a felony,” Nicholas Summe, a criminal defense attorney said. “So he, in essence, received five years of probation for his crime.”

According to court records he violated probation in June 2023. Summe said the judge ruled the violation wasn’t enough to end his probation and send him to jail.

Lots to unravel here...

It is complicated. I read elsewhere the rape victim's mother did not want her to testify, that probably weakened the case. The probation violation was a driving violation, doing donuts. Not necessarily a sign of danger.

There were off-ramps but they were not perfect.

It is complicated. I read elsewhere the rape victim's mother did not want her to testify, that probably weakened the case. The probation violation was a driving violation, doing donuts. Not necessarily a sign of danger.

There were off-ramps but they were not perfect.
It's too bad in these cases (maybe a lawyer can chime in) they can't protect the victims identity. Especially if she is a minor. Can they?

If we don't talk about black-on-black crime enough, we're full of shit. If we don't talk about white-on-white crime enough, we're full of shit.

Sure seems you never fail to find a reason to call liberals out for what they don't say enough, no matter what it is.

Reactions: UncleMark

Hadn't heard about it yet.

Would it make a difference to comment about the need for better gun control or just going to blame it on white culture?

In Kentucky, you get out on probation, no jail time, for raping a 13 year old???

What am I missing here?

In Kentucky, you get out on probation, no jail time, for raping a 13 year old???

What am I missing here?
I only skimmed it and not taking time to review any closer but doing my worst/best math he was around 18 (maybe 17 so minor) and who knows the facts but he obviously took a deal for a guilty plea. 5 years probation. So then he gets jammed up on whatever this assisting a minor commit a crime thing is and it could have been gambling or pot or who knows so the judge didn’t revoke him. Then he does this madness

I only skimmed it and not taking time to review any closer but doing my worst/best math he was around 18 (maybe 17 so minor) and who knows the facts but he obviously took a deal for a guilty plea. 5 years probation. So then he gets jammed up on whatever this assisting a minor commit a crime thing is and it could have been gambling or pot or who knows so the judge didn’t revoke him. Then he does this madness
I guess maybe they didn't have the evidence to convict. Rape of a 13 year old, even at 18, should be enough for a looooong sentence, though.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

What am I missing here?
Kentucky's Family Court is super lenient

Gallows humor aside, people like this shouldn't be walking among us. Kick out a brother who's in for weed to make room for this guy.

Now do that at scale.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT