ADVERTISEMENT

With the season still in its infancy, our RPI is currently ranked #110...

Freaking Rocky Top killed our mojo. Let's get 3 this weekend!

Although, Tennessee is #13 so doesn't hurt as badly to lose to them as to others. I think losing 1 to Memphis (#235), and playing to others poorly ranked (Cincy at 275 and Butler at 238) might have hurt us more. But that is overall kind of concerning, that the only team we have played with a high RPI, beat us badly. BUT, it is very early. Those numbers will be totally different in a couple of weeks.....heck, after this weekend, they will change quite a bit.

Reactions: Irregulars and mk23
Although, Tennessee is #13 so doesn't hurt as badly to lose to them as to others. I think losing 1 to Memphis (#235), and playing to others poorly ranked (Cincy at 275 and Butler at 238) might have hurt us more. But that is overall kind of concerning, that the only team we have played with a high RPI, beat us badly. BUT, it is very early. Those numbers will be totally different in a couple of weeks.....heck, after this weekend, they will change quite a bit.
I keep forgetting how screwy RPI is. Losing to a good team is actually better than killing a bad team. Whatever.

I keep forgetting how screwy RPI is. Losing to a good team is actually better than killing a bad team. Whatever.
As I'm sure most if not everyone knows, this is very fluid and changes as game scores come in. At the time I posted this, IU went from 110 to 104 in just a couple of minutes based on the scores coming in.

Reactions: mk23
Despite losing 2 of 3 this weekend, we are now up to 17 RPI. We have played 4 teams higher than us, and will play 2 more of them this season. However, I'm sure we will drop after this week playing against #238 Cincy and #205 Canisius.

Despite losing 2 of 3 this weekend, we are now up to 17 RPI. We have played 4 teams higher than us, and will play 2 more of them this season. However, I'm sure we will drop after this week playing against #238 Cincy and #205 Canisius.
7-7 and 17th. Wow. Cool system.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT