ADVERTISEMENT

With OSU winning the B1G Tournament....

82IU

Freshman
Apr 30, 2016
does this push Meat Chicken out of a regional or does the B1G get 5 teams in? Michigan is projected as the lowest seed and it sounds like OSU will be in with their championship win.
If IU and Illinois had an easier schedule or higher RPI they could have been on the bubble with their stinker performances in the tournament, but they both should still be in good shape come selection time (especially IU,since we won the B1G regular season championship). Anyone have any insight on where B1G teams are going to rate and wind up now?

This was they only way O$U was going to get in, and they certainly stole a bid from someone, whether it's in the B1G or elsewhere. IU, along with Illinois, are tournament locks, despite the stench from their tournament performances. It will be interesting to see the tournament selection show that will be on ESPNU tomorrow at 12 p.m. I haven't paid any attention to the other conference tournaments as to if there are anymore spoilers out there like O$U.

By the way, they have announced the regional host sites and here is the link for that.

https://d1baseball.com/postseason/2019-ncaa-regional-host-sites-announced/

Reactions: 82IU
does this push Meat Chicken out of a regional or does the B1G get 5 teams in? Michigan is projected as the lowest seed and it sounds like OSU will be in with their championship win.
If IU and Illinois had an easier schedule or higher RPI they could have been on the bubble with their stinker performances in the tournament, but they both should still be in good shape come selection time (especially IU,since we won the B1G regular season championship). Anyone have any insight on where B1G teams are going to rate and wind up now?

I felt for IU, the BTT was total upside. Win it all and maybe host. Odds we wouldn't, since lost at home to UL, but played them well without our beat.

So, with an early out, we will be a 2 or 3, and I don't really care which. BTT gave us limited downside.

Just gotta hit better from now on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT