ADVERTISEMENT

With Carton off the board ...

Honestly a perfect 4 man class would be
Newman
TJD
Brooks
And a PG
do we really need a pg in 19? we have devonte for 2 more years and rob for 4. i also think newman or franklin could fill in, in a pinch.

do we really need a pg in 19? we have devonte for 2 more years and rob for 4. i also think newman or franklin could fill in, in a pinch.
If you can upgrade your talent at that spot then heck yes. Archie obviously wanted one as hard as he went after Carton

Yes we do. Both of those are serviceable but they’re not the talents we need to get us where we want to be.

Which is why Archie and Co went so hard after Garland and Carton.

The more pressing need in my opinion is a good shooting guard. When Romeo leaves, there is going to be a huge hole to fill.

Would seem to be the most obvious need, but if we only take 1 guard, a combo guard probably makes the most sense. I really like what I've heard of Newman and his size, but maybe Franklin or Jahmius Ramsey are better fits because I do see them listed as PG's or combos. For anyone who's seen any of the 3, what are your thoughts? Does anyone who's seen Newman feel like he could also play PG?

I also wonder if Langford's replacement might not already be on the roster, in either Anderson or Durham? And that could also push more for a combo or PG. I think if you can get an immediate impact player (top 50ish or someone you feel strongly about), then that's the guy to take.

ADVERTISEMENT