ADVERTISEMENT

With apology for my racial insensitivity

largemouth

All-American
Feb 3, 2004
Snicker

97504815_10217551649810093_3532622081407582208_n.jpg

Its funny how a big deal he makes about being the only white guy there.

That was my life, in a nutshell, every day. Every time I walk into a room or have a beer with someone at IU, in some house, I am the only Chinese or minority there. (Or back in the day, the first Chinese or Asian some of the guys have ever met.)

Now here, I am a dime a dozen. :(

That was my life, in a nutshell, every day. Every time I walk into a room or have a beer with someone at IU, in some house, I am the only Chinese or minority there. (Or back in the day, the first Chinese or Asian some of the guys have ever met.)

OK, give us your best "Chinese joke".

I ate some crap in China worse than cat. Duck tongue and some sort of grey meat was awful. I think my host was trying to poison me.

I have had cow's tongue in England with a salad. It looked more like thin-sliced roast beef tbf.

Cow's brain in Indonesia.

I've never eaten beef tongue, but always heard that it's good.

My parents were Hungarian if anybody wants to crack on me.

My parents were Hungarian if anybody wants to crack on me.

I thought it was just soft fattier version roast beef.

Cow's brain on the other hand... bad greasy lump of cheese on a light curr-ish sauce. Nevermind the health issue of eating brain, but the texture was just disgusting -- and I like tofu.

I had dog in china. Taste a cross between chicken and beef. Rattlesnake in Tuscon, tuna of the land ie chicken.

I have had cow's tongue in England with a salad. It looked more like thin-sliced roast beef tbf.

Cow's brain in Indonesia.
My uncle would go half with us whenever he had one of his cows butchered. Grandma wanted the brain, liver, tongue and kidneys. We were happy to give it to her.

I refuse to eat a brain sandwich at our local Fall Festival.

Reactions: largemouth
My uncle would go half with us whenever he had one of his cows butchered. Grandma wanted the brain, liver, tongue and kidneys. We were happy to give it to her.

Dont blame you. I would eat pig's trotters any day than another scoop of cow's brain. Given the choice of trotters, German pork knuckles, sauerkraut and potato are delish -- with beer.

Well, this an EEO-friendly board - we've always considered you a "dime-a-dozen" kinda guy.

giphy.gif

Reactions: sglowrider
There's a place in Noblesville (or there was as recently as March) and they're my go to for lingua tacos. I've yet to find anywhere else that even has them locally.

No shortage of those places down here. Do they have menudo and barbacoa too?
Their barbacoa is good. A buddy loves the tripa and it's his go to taco there. I'm not sure why tripa tacos, but no menudo. You'd think it would be on the menu. El Pelenque is the name of the place. Connor just west of 37 for those in the area.

My grandma used to make "grits" and serve them over toast. Man, I loved grits! I was happy when I came South, because I saw them on the menu of every breakfast place. Ordered them shortly thereafter, and was like "wtf, these are wimpy grits... tastes like cornmeal!" I called my Mom and she said "you didn't know what Grandma's grits were? Ground up cowbrain with some oats, etc....!" Double WTF! Anyway, I've grown accustomed to wimpy grits and haven't had any cowbrains in nigh on 40 years!

Their barbacoa is good. A buddy loves the tripa and it's his go to taco there. I'm not sure why tripa tacos, but no menudo. You'd think it would be on the menu. El Pelenque is the name of the place. Connor just west of 37 for those in the area.
If I get back up that way I’ll have to check it out.

OK, give us your best "Chinese joke".
I don't have a Chinese Joke, but in real life my last name is Shaw. So I have joked over the years that I have a long lost Chinese Cousin named Rick Shaw. Not to be confused with my other distant Chinese Relative, Won Hung Lo.

My grandma used to make "grits" and serve them over toast. Man, I loved grits! I was happy when I came South, because I saw them on the menu of every breakfast place. Ordered them shortly thereafter, and was like "wtf, these are wimpy grits... tastes like cornmeal!" I called my Mom and she said "you didn't know what Grandma's grits were? Ground up cowbrain with some oats, etc....!" Double WTF! Anyway, I've grown accustomed to wimpy grits and haven't had any cowbrains in nigh on 40 years!
When I was a kid we were heading to Florida and in Georgia we stopped at a Stuckeys to eat breakfast. The food came and I said to my mom,"why did they put mashed potatoes on my plate?" She told me they were grits. At that time I had not heard of them. But they are very good.

When I was a kid we were heading to Florida and in Georgia we stopped at a Stuckeys to eat breakfast. The food came and I said to my mom,"why did they put mashed potatoes on my plate?" She told me they were grits. At that time I had not heard of them. But they are very good.
No, they are not very good. Grits are just cornbread that someone put way too much ****ing water in. What is wrong with you people? They suck. They are like what you'd get if you asked, "How could I make oatmeal more boring?" They suck so hard they make polenta look like a delicacy.

**** grits.

No, they are not very good. Grits are just cornbread that someone put way too much ****ing water in. What is wrong with you people? They suck. They are like what you'd get if you asked, "How could I make oatmeal more boring?" They suck so hard they make polenta look like a delicacy.

**** grits.
Grits are simply a medium people utilize for sugar or sodium consumption.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
I don't have a Chinese Joke, but in real life my last name is Shaw. So I have joked over the years that I have a long lost Chinese Cousin named Rick Shaw. Not to be confused with my other distant Chinese Relative, Won Hung Lo.
As TMP would say, "Dumb".

**** grits.
They are good if you put a bunch of butter, sugar and cinnamon on them. But, then again, so is cardboard so take your pick.

ADVERTISEMENT