ADVERTISEMENT

With all this Stevens "smoke".......

BayernFan

Hall of Famer
Sep 4, 2001
Tristan da cunha
(perhaps "smokescreen" is a better word) and IU is about to sign someone else along the lines of Musselman or Altman, or Beard. Maybe even Alford.

The point is, all this Stevens rumor and gossip is allowing IU freedom of movement to go after someone else.

Kinda like when IU hired Miller when everyone was ridiculously geeking out over Donovan, Or. when IU hired Sampson when everyone thought it was gonna be Alford or Pitino. Even Lon Kruger was on his way from Vegas per Peegs. That was a double fake job. Hardly anyone thought Sampson was in the mix at all.

Last edited:
(perhaps "smokescreen" is a better word) and IU is about to sign someone else along the lines of Musselman or Altman, or Beard. Maybe even Alford.

The point is, all this Stevens rumor and gossip is allowing IU freedom of movement to go after someone else.

Kinda like when IU hired Miller when everyone was ridiculously geeking out over Donovan, Or. when IU hired Sampson when everyone thought it was gonna be Alford or Pitino. Even Lon Kruger was on his way from Vegas per Peegs. That was a double fake job. Hardly anyone thought Sampson was in the mix at all.
so you're saying that IU will pull yet another bait and switch....and hire one more tomato can....just to keep the marathon going?

Iu didn't get a $10 million dollar donation then either, clown.

so you're saying that IU will pull yet another bait and switch....and hire one more tomato can....just to keep the marathon going?
Yea and he's saying someone would write a check for $10million so we can go hire another mid-major.......unbelievable.

No. Dolson doesn’t make a bold financial move to hire Altman. He does it to hire Stevens. If he ultimately says no or changes his heart, then Beard then Musselman. But, almost certain Dolson does not make this move unless Stevens has given about a 99% assurance. If not 100%.
My god we ain't hiring Dana Altman..................

Reactions: HillzHoozier

You would rather have Alford than Stevens, wouldn't you, you sick f*ck?

This just feels way different than when Crean and Archie were hired.
No way $10 million gets put up from private donor with no major upgrade plan solidly in place.
I wonder if Dolson can find any money to hire back the athletic staff that got furloughed. All this money floating around and can’t even pay the folks who help run the operation. Sad

No way $10 million gets put up from private donor with no major upgrade plan solidly in place.
Do you think someone was talking to Brad before the firing even? I mean some of our firings have come at bad timing to get an elite coach lets face it.

Give it up. Alford isn’t even in the top 10 to be the next IU coach.

Twitter is starting to blow up about Stevens to IU. From both IU nation and Celtics nation. If BS stays mum on this for another 24 hrs, then I’m increasing my odds to 50/50. It’s just crazy that he wouldn’t kill it if he wasn’t considering it.

You would rather have Alford than Stevens, wouldn't you, you sick f*ck?
Twitter is starting to blow up about Stevens to IU. From both IU nation and Celtics nation. If BS stays mum on this for another 24 hrs, then I’m increasing my odds to 50/50. It’s just crazy that he wouldn’t kill it if he wasn’t considering it.
Right they are in a total battle for the playoffs why not just squash the rumors right now................

Do you think someone was talking to Brad before the firing even? I mean some of our firings have come at bad timing to get an elite coach lets face it.
This is why Dolson was quick to point out that he’s not using a search firm or committee to look for a new coach. Plus, it’s much easier to secure $10 million when you can dangle a Brad Stevens and say he has mutual interest.

Please God let this happen it would be the best 50th birthday present ever, (except for maybe Aloha Hoosier leaving this form)

And, isn't the timing of Miller's firing significant? I may be wrong, but it seems like there was excruciating delay before some of the firings in the past.

This time, it seems like IU dropped the hammer on Miller at the earliest opportunity after the dust settled from the tournament selections. It looked like an emphatic statement that we're not kidding.

Furthermore, when IU's statement said no coach search committee would be used, it sounded like we know who we want and how to get him.

Stevens could end all of this with 11 words...

"I am not a candidate for head coach at Indiana University."

To date I don't believe he's said that.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

But that he hasn't said those 11 words speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Stevens could end all of this with 11 words...

"I am not a candidate for head coach at Indiana University."

To date I don't believe he's said that.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

But that he hasn't said those 11 words speaks volumes.

also, I get the feeling the Celtics are already going into damage control whose comments to the media are along the lines of “we have no indication that Stevens is leaving, and would be shocked if he does” and will try to frame it as being blindsided if he does leave

if the Celtics were more confident, they’d be saying “ we have SPOKEN with Brad, and he has reassured us of his desire to remain with the Celtics organization”

still doesn’t mean he is coming to IU, but the Celtics statements are fairly wishy washy

Reactions: 76-1
It's just a cost of doing business
I guess I'm one of the few left on this forum who believes you can still win without cheating.
Maybe instead of getting a slimeball like Pitino or Calipari as our coach, we should start emulating what Wisconsin or Virginia are doing as programs.
Better yet, go get Tony Bennett as our coach.
Ever think of that. By the way, Pitino is still cheating his ass off at Iona. Only a matter of time, ole Ricky "15 seconds" gets busted again.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT